Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

Buckethead

all events do show up in log except for when others connect is it possible for this to be done

3. Offline

Jobsti

Huhu @drdanick
    Force Stop doesn't work with the UDP Client, No response,
    other options are working. #1317

Request:
    Empty fields in the UDP client, so I could use TAB to switch in the next field.
    Everytime I have to clear the field.

4. Offline

Grifhell

limited hours backup can be done?

5. Offline

Waffletastic

@drdanick
    Whenever I try and run the .bat the window pops up for a split second then closes.

6. Offline

Grifhell

I want to be that the server rebooted and did backup on a schedule
    If remotetoolkit can it, I will not put MineBackup plugin

7. Offline

Melkor

will you be updating the plugin at 1317 version mate? I'm waiting for it, can't upgrade my server without it, your plugin is one of my 2 main ones!

8. The toolkit seems to work fine here using 1318 :)

9. Offline

Bikkel007

Hi all,

First of all, I love this plugin! I used it on my server for a week and it worked perfectly!
    I moved my server to a 24/7 computer and now the rtoolkit.bat isn't working anymore.
    I removed everything and followed all the steps @ the wiki, but if i want to open the rtoolkit.bat file I see for 0.1 second the cmd screen and than it's gone. Everytime I open the rtoolkit.jar I see the cmd screen for 0.1 second.
    I changed the user:pass to something else, I also changed the Minecraft server jar: to the correct name. This computer is running Windows 7 Proffesional with 4GB, 64-bit. I did nothing with the .sh file. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

10. Did you append '.jar' to the name of the MinecraftServer-Jar in the properties?

11. Offline

Melkor

Indeed it does, thanks man!

12. Offline

Bikkel007

This is my wrapper:
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    server-arguments=nogui
    initial-heap-size=1024M
    maximum-heap-size=1024M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    server-restart-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    server-saveall-period=0
    server-restart-delay=5h
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay=0
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    force-save-on-restart=true
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    server-heartbeat-threshold=1m
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=5
    filter-ansi-escape-codes=auto
    import-properties=true

And my server .jar is named: craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT

13. Offline

drdanick

Update!

Release 10 Alpha 12
    -Added the option to disable remote echoing of input over Telnet sessions.
    -Added the option to bind both the Telnet and UDP server to any given host.
    -Blank Strings are now supported values in messages.txt.
    -Added the ability to override toolkit properties through command line arguments.
    -Toolkit will stop sending heartbeat challenges if the plugin component does not respond after three attempts.
    -Various bug fixes.

UDP Client fixes:
    -'Force Stop' now works.
    -Text fields are now automatically selected when brought into keyboard focus.

@Waffletastic @Bikkel007 It sounds like the Java bin dir is not on your PATH environment variable.
    Follow the instructions in this article (make sure you double check the location of the bin directory on your computer, since it is likely to be different to that listed on the page):
    http://introcs.cs.princeton.edu/java/15inout/windows-cmd.html

@Jobsti done and done.

Backups will be available in Release 11.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  14. Offline

Nick22

Hi. I have a problem. I was stupid and in the properties for the java process i set "Run this program as an administrater" to true. Now whenever i try to start the server with the rtoolit.bat the command prompt blinks on my screen and goes away. Does anybody have a solution to this! thank you!

15. Offline

drdanick

Can you open the .bat file in a text editor and add the word 'pause' to a new line at the end of the file? This will allow you to see the exact reason as to why Java is not launching.

16. Offline

Bikkel007

@drdanick Ty! I thought Java was allready installed, but it wasn'txD So my problem is resolved. TY!

17. Offline

Deide

Just checking, but will r11 fix issues running the wrapper on Windows XP? :)

18. Offline

drdanick

I hope to have it working from the ground up. *crosses fingers*

19. @drdanick:
    Since the wiki is a bit outdated, what exactly does import-properties= in the wrapper.props and shell-password-mask= in the remote.props do?

20. Offline

drdanick

import-properties is intentionally not documented, and was used to import property keys from the configuration files used with the hMod version. I am retaining the property for the migration from R10 property files to R11 property files (the format is going to change a little).

As for the other, it is simply the character that is used to replace printed password characters when logging in to a Telnet console session. I should update the wiki.

21. Offline

Pezmc

It is possible to allow the console to support standard commands such as backspace and the up arrow?

I just end up with

Code:
    13:01:00 [INFO] /178.79.164.111:60371 lost connection
    ^[[A^H

22. Offline

KyneSilverhide

I've tried to create a new RTKModule, but I got an error when starting the RTK wrapper :
    I don't think there are a lot of people that have tried the "Module" feature.
    Code:
    protected WebbyServer(final ModuleMetadata moduleMetadata, final ModuleLoader moduleLoader, final ClassLoader classLoader, final ToolkitEvent tkEevent, final ToolkitEvent tkEvent) {
          super(moduleMetadata, moduleLoader, classLoader, ON_SERVER_HOLD,ToolkitEvent.ON_SERVER_RESTART);
          //the last two parameters define the events where the plugin is enabled and disabled respectively.
    }
    This is the code used by MilkAdmin, and it works :/

I've checked that all required class are bundled in the RTKWebby.jar. I'm using the last version of Minecraft_RKit.jar

23. Ahh ok, thanks. One more question though: Do i need to put the character to maks in quotes or doublequotes or do i simply put the character there?

24. Offline

Gibstick

THANKS!

25. Offline

Imm0rt41

can someone tell me wtf RTPONG++ is

26. Offline

drdanick

Backspace is supported, so long as the keyboard buffer is not empty (this is typical for any console). I will look at supporting jline in the future.

Make sure you are including the module .txt file in the root of the .jar.

You can put any character (or string of characters) in without quotes.

It's the heartbeat challenge response (required for crash detection). If you have updated the wrapper recently, make sure you update the plugin component, since the challenge response was changed in R10 A11.

27. Offline

Imm0rt41

ok, thanks.

28. Offline

Jobsti

Heyho @drdanick

Request:
    /restarttime - Ingame time left for next restart to Ops/Admis/groups
    /restarttime broadcast - Broadcasts the restarttime to all online users.

Possible?

The new UDP Client:
    If I press TAB, it marks the Username, so I can enter the name, next Tab doesn't mark PWD or IP (but it works with mouse-click ;) ),
    so I have to mark and clear the fields by myself or using the mouse.

Little .ini or file to save the last input (name/pwd/ip: port), possible?

29. Offline

Nick22

:( It just says "Press any key to continue". When i open it the first cmd window pops up then goes away and another apears saying press any key to continue!!! :'(

30. Offline

ScottSpittle

Generic UDP Socket exception: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    Starting UDP listen server on port 25568

31. Offline

drdanick

If you noticed, there is a placeholder for those messages in messages.txt, but it will not be possible to implement until release 11.
    I will have a look into the UDP client issues.

Prior to using the toolkit, did you use another .bat file to launch your bukkit server?

This is normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.