Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

SpecialMike

I'm trying to run this on my Ubuntu server. I can sucessfully run the server without the wrapper, however if i try to use the wrapper, a different world is generated and none of the bukkit plugins are used. Am I supposed to move these files to a certain location or did I just do something completely wrong?

3. Offline

drdanick

I'm working on it.

How exactly are you starting your server?

4. Offline

SpecialMike

Using the bash script included in the bin folder. The only thing I changed in the wrapper.properties was changing the file path to ../craftbukkit.jar. Should I revert that and put the jar in the bin folder, I didn't think about that...

5. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft_RKit.jar needs to be in the same folder as craftbukkit.jar.

6. Offline

SpecialMike

Oh I see now, by the bin folder, you mean the folder that the server is in. I actually made a folder called bin and put it in there. Thanks for helping me!

7. Offline

Torrental

Hello, I have this error where I can connect to my server when I do not launch it using "rtoolkit.bat". In other words launching it without rtoolkit. But when I launch it using "rtoolkit.bat" Minecraft just hangs at logging in.

Any way to fix this?

8. Offline

drdanick

What version of windows are you using?

9. Offline

Torrental

Windows Xp

10. Offline

drdanick

As I have mentioned a few posts above this, Windows XP support is very, very touchy. I am looking into it, but it is unlikely that it will ever work correctly.

11. Offline

Torrental

I'm about to install MineOS, do you think it would work better on that?

12. Offline

tremor

Udpate for CB Jenks and Beta 1.3? RToolkit still runs fine but throws some errors.

13. Offline

drdanick

Yes. It should work fine on it.

I have an update coming out tonight. The wrapper itself should not have any issues with the new beta or craftbukkit version, but there may well be some issues with the plugin.
    Can I see the errors you are getting?

14. Offline

tremor

just the one that says "using the stupidly long constructor" blah blah blah....

15. Offline

drdanick

Update!

Release 10 Alpha 8
    -3rd party module support! Now anyone can write their own modules to extend the functionality of the toolkit.
    -Added the ability to specify exact times for restarts.
    -Added the ability to stop and start the minecraft server without closing the wrapper.
    -Added the ability to change the Telnet login password mask.
    -Bukkit plugin updated. Compiled against build 423.

Still to come
    -Module documentation. Developers can PM me in the meantime for some example code.
    -A decent attempt at getting this to work properly on Windows XP *sigh*
    -Map backups integrated into wrapper (delayed to figure out a decent way of working with the new chunk system)
    -A wiki page for this

16. Offline

datLicht

@drdanick
    do you have any solution for my Problem?? still in latest Version same Error

my Java version:
    Linux x64 JDK 1.6.0_24

hope there is an solution...

once again the Message:

Code:
    svuser@h1444344:~/minecraft_server/bukkit$ ./rtoolkit.sh
    Minecraft Remote Toolkit V1.0_b18 ALPHA
    Initializing...
    Loading toolkit properties...Done.
    Loading toolkit modules...Done.
    Wrapper is running on: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 amd64
    Starting wrapper...
    Starting UDP listen server on port 25561
    Feb 24, 2011 1:57:16 PM net.wimpi.telnetd.net.PortListener run
    INFO: Listening to Port 25,561 with a connectivity queue size of 5.
    2011-02-24 13:57:17 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    2011-02-24 13:57:17 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-24 13:57:17 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-02-24 13:57:22 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2011-02-24 13:57:22 [WARNING] The exception was: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method java.net.ServerSocket.setPerformancePreferences with signature (III)V was not found.
    2011-02-24 13:57:22 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    greetz datLicht

17. Offline

drdanick

Can you give me the output of java -version

After looking around, this seems like a problem that people are having with the actual server itself, not the wrapper.

18. Offline

datLicht

that's the result of java -version

Code:
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)
    should I try 1.7 ???
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 1:44 PM ---
    ok, got it.... was my mistake.........
    symbolic Link of Java in /usr/bin was java 1.5.0 ......

now everything is working fine....

19. Offline

tremor

thx for the update... 10 A8? getting close to a beta sticker perhaps? I give 2 thumbs up.. this plugin has kept my server running for the hours on end the I cant watch over it.

20. Offline

Xphome

I have a problem that sometimes my server gets stuck on shutting down a plugin on restart, could you make it so it restarts it no matter what in like 1-2 min from when it sends the stop command?

21. Offline

drdanick

It already does that. The default grace period is 5 minutes, but that can be changed by altering forced-restart-delay

22. Offline

Kraska1988

I have a problem, I´m using craftbukkit 432, your Remote plugin and the MilkAdmin Web Interface, its work fine but the auto save function i set it at every hour but it don´t save auto.

sry for my bad english.^^

23. Offline

drdanick

Can you reply with the entire body of wrapper.properties?

24. Offline

Kraska1988

Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Fri Feb 25 02:43:20 MSK 2011
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit.jar
    severe-exception-detection-level=2
    server-saveall-period=1h
    maximum-heap-size=1536M
    import-properties=false
    server-restart-delay=24h
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    server-arguments=nogui
    overridden-process-arguments=
    server-restart-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    initial-heap-size=1536M
    extra-runtime-arguments=
    this is all
    all functions runs great, but the auto save function not

25. Offline

drdanick

Can you change server-saveall-period to 20s and check if anything happens? Make sure you monitor the console closely.

26. Offline

Kraska1988

it doesn´t work i don´t know why...maybe because the milk admin or the server start method?

27. Offline

drdanick

No, that shouldn't be the problem. Hm, i'll put together a debug version and PM it to you. I sadly cannot replicate the bug on my end, so the best we can do is try to debug it on your end.

28. Offline

DJHenjin

heres some info i couldnt find about your plugin. Does it recover from a server crash? IE if the CB software goes down for some reason or hangs without crashing out. Will this pluging detect and restart it?

29. Offline

drdanick

Apart from restarting periodically, It will restart on certain "[SEVERE]" exceptions (needs to be configured. I also recommend that severe-exception-detection-level be set to 1) and will also forcibly restart 5 minutes (can be changed) after the server was scheduled to restart normally.

30. Offline

DJHenjin

Yes i got that much but if the server stops like i mean dead stop with no exceptions no errors no indications at all as if the task just got killed. Would it recognize that?

And the other situation ive seen is the old BigBrother plugin used to kill the server as though it was doing a normal restart but it just hung no severe exceptions or anything. Would it catch that?

31. Offline

drdanick

It will always restart immediately if the server process closes.

If I recall correctly, BigBrother did cause the server to stop, which means that yes, it would have restarted on that problem.

The only things that will not trigger a restart are either an exception that does not print as an unexpected exception, or a total server hang (no output, but server becomes unresponsive).

Nevertheless, the forced restart still guarantees that the server will eventually restart in any situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.