1.7.2 to 1.7.9 conversion error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kilmarac, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kilmarac

I would argue that this isn't a bug, but regardless, I have been referred to the help forum for this issue. I have searched and not found anything in e forums, msomim either not searching the right key words or it is a unique error. Pasted from the bug tracker.

Resolution: Invalid
    Affects Version/s:
    CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.1
    Fix Version/s: None
    Component/s: None
    Security Level:public (Viewable by everyone)
    Labels:None
    Confirmation Status: Unconfirmed
    Description
    When attempting to start 1.7.9, i get severe warnings of failed userfile conversions. The server recommends removing the world/players directory, however, that would cause all users to lose their inventory.
    5:02:28 PM [SEVERE] Conversion failed, please try again later
    5:02:28 PM net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.FileConversionException: Could not convert file for UsernameOne
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerDatFileConverter.a(PlayerDatFileConverter.java:78) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerDatFileConverter.onProfileLookupSucceeded(PlayerDatFileConverter.java:33) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.util.com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilGameProfileRepository.findProfilesByNames(YggdrasilGameProfileRepository.java:59) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.NameReferencingFileConverter.a(NameReferencingFileConverter.java:60) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.NameReferencingFileConverter.a(NameReferencingFileConverter.java:271) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.aE(DedicatedServer.java:453) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:135) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:436) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    5:02:28 PM at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-56-g3779cff-b3072jnks]
    Activity
    All
    Comments
    History
    Activity
    Transitions
    Kit Drago created issue - 2 days ago
    Travis Watkins added a comment - 2 days ago
    UsernameOne is not a valid Minecraft premium account. Are you sure the files that failed to convert are valid accounts?
    Kit Drago added a comment - Yesterday
    Obviously it's not a valid premium account, I removed the username in the error message because it's not pertinent to the error. It's happening on every user for the server and I figured posting my servers usernames wouldn't be a great idea.
    Travis Watkins added a comment - Yesterday - edited
    Looking at where it is failing it seems file2.renameTo(file3) is failing. I don't believe this would fail on Linux for anything other than a permissions issue. Does your server have write access to your world directory? Does the world directory have a playerdata subdirectory? Does your server have write access to that? Note that you can have write access to files in a directory without having write access to the directory itself so just because your server runs currently does not mean the answer to those questions is yes.
    Edit: Just realized it could also fail if the partition was full, depending on the file system.
    Kit Drago added a comment - Yesterday
    This is running on a Windows 7 machine right now. it has to share the machine with my radio station broadcaster (SAM) because I havent found as suitable linux replacement for SAM.
    Nothing is write-protected in that drive, there is 462GB of space remaining on the partition. CHKDSK and SFC were both run to check for any errors Im not seeing.
    Travis Watkins added a comment - 4 hours ago
    At this point this is a support issue, not a bug. Please use Bukkit Help for further assistance.
    Travis Watkins made changes - 4 hours ago
    Field Original Value New Value
    Resolution Invalid [ 6 ]
    Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
    Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
    Open Resolved
    1d 15h 8m 1 Travis Watkins Today 1:16 PM

2. Offline

kilmarac

Bump, still can't upgrade to 1.7.9 on windows without scrapping my players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.