[INACTIVE][ADMN] MobLimiter v1.1 - Set Creature Limits and Blacklists! [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by VicWhiten, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Offline

VicWhiten

MobLimiter
    Version: v1.11

Download and Source: https://github.com/VicWhiten/MobLimiter
    Click the download link on github to download the jar

After writing my RedstoneMobSpawn plugin, we had an issue where sometimes the mobs wouldn't spawn when the circuit was triggered. After looking into it, the server was using a custom version of WorldGuard that was edited to set a spawn limit to creatures. This was a pain, so I decided to write my own, separate plugin to limit mob spawning.

Features:
    • Set a maximum amount of mobs that can be alive at one time!
    • Blacklist specific creatures to fit your server!
    • remove all creatures in your world with one command!
    • permission checks, either Op, GroupManager, or Permissions!
    Changelog:
    Version 1.11
    • Fixed commands
    • Fixed config-file generation

Version 1.1

• added permissions, either Op, GroupManager or Permissions
    • added blacklist commands
    • added purge command
    • updated for Minecraft Beta 1.4
    Version 1.0

• Initial Release
    TODO:
    • Multi-world support[HIGH]
    • individual mob limits?[MEDIUM]
    Use:

MobLimiter is a Bukkit Plugin for Minecraft that lets you limit creature spawn amounts and blacklist specific creatures.

VALUES FOR MOBMAX:
    -1: No Limit (Default)
    0: No creatures will spawn
    x: x number of mobs is the limit, where x is a positive integer
    Config File:

The config file is located in <plugin_location>/MobLimiter/config.yml . If the config file is not there, the plugin will generate a default one.

mob-max: <amount> : sets the mob max to the amount
    mob-blacklist: arg1 arg2 arg3 ... argn : the list of mobs that will not spawn on your server

Example Config File:
    mob-max: -1
    mob-blacklist: squid wolf sheep creeper

Config File:
    /moblimiter setmax <amount> : sets the mob max to amount.
    /moblimiter purge : kills all mobs on the current world
    /moblimiter addblacklist <type> : adds the given creature type to the blacklist
    /moblimiter removeblacklist <type> : removes the given creature type from the blacklist
    Permissions:

moblimiter.setmax
    moblimiter.purge
    moblimiter.blacklistHelp/Contact:

Either respond here or email me at [email protected], and I'll try to get back to you ASAP!

Maxwolf Goodliffe likes this.
  2. Offline

davr

I could use this for one of my worlds...for now I had to completely disable squids because too many spawned. But if I could limit it, that would be nice.

Suggested features:
    * Allow different mob-max & mob-blacklist settings per world
    * Allow to configure mob-max per type of mob (eg so I could limit squid to 50, but let everything else grow as it will)

Thanks!

3. Offline

Padathir

I can't get it to load.

Code:
    22:17:06 [SEVERE] null loading MobLimiter v1.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.bukkit.vicwhiten.moblimiter.MobLimiter.setupBlacklist(MobLimiter.java:113)
            at com.bukkit.vicwhiten.moblimiter.MobLimiter.onEnable(MobLimiter.java:67)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

4. Offline

mutiny

5. Offline

dschmitt97

6. Offline

EniGmA1987

Would be great, but same:

Latest recommended build (617) was used.

7. Offline

Deadchicken

Multiverse Support would be great... I'd love to create some custom, zombie infested world for my players to explore and die in.

8. Offline

ManBearWaffle

The config.yml generation doesn't work. I had the same error as everyone else until I copied the example config. However, the commands to edit the config don't do anything. Editing the config file and restarting seems to work though.

9. Offline

MaltheF

wow this sound so amazing, my server always lag because of too many zombies, this sure would help
    gonna test it now

not working as of 617

10. Offline

Joe_Young

I second that multi-world support.

11. Offline

NiVangerow

How to fix the problem you are all getting (me aswell) with this plugin:

Basically it struggles to generate the settings files:

1. Create a new folder within the plugins folder.
    2. Name it MobLimiter.
    3. Now create a blank config.yml file inside the MobLimiter folder.
    4. Paste this in the config.yml and change settings if needed:
    mob-blacklist: none
    5. Run Bukkit.

-Hope this helps you all.

12. Offline

EniGmA1987

Once the plugin is fixed and working properly, can you work on adding lines in the config that let you set limits for individual types of monsters?

For example:
    mob-max-skeleton: -1
    mob-max-zombie: -1
    mob-max-zombiepigman: -1
    mob-max-creeper: -1
    mob-max-spider: -1
    mob-max-ghast: 6
    mob-max-giant: -1
    mob-max-slime: 0

13. Offline

IOn Vash

it doesn't seem to limit the mobs at all even with the config. it also wont take commands every time you try to use a command it shows the help for the plugin.

i did what NiVangerow said and im running the latest recommended version of craftbukkit.

14. Offline

NiVangerow

Change

to whatever you need:

mob-max: -1 = Default
    mob-max: 0 = No Mobs
    mob-max: # (#=number) = How many mobs can be alive at the same time (or spawn rate?)

15. Offline

IOn Vash

i did it still doesn't work.

16. Offline

TheHamer

How am I supposed to download it?

17. Offline

bigbass1997

its not working for me either.

(currently using CB 617)

18. Offline

Raptor2213

Same issue, also 617.

19. Offline

NiVangerow

I was using 612...

20. Whilst I'm no expert with this plugin, and I've only had it running for a couple of hours, it does work for me. I'm currently running bukkit #621. I tried the command /moblimiter purge and that was accepted at the console - came up with the message 'All mobs purged' - I'm an op on the server with NO permissions plugins at all (don't like them).
    I've setup the config file :
    mob-blacklist: slime ghast

I've been to the nether, and all ghasts are gone. I went down to my mine, which is usually swarming with slimes, and there were still just 2 about, killed them, and no more to be seen. I've since been away & back to my mine on numerous occasions, and I've not seen any more slimes, so perhaps a little glitchy, but it works for me. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to limit the amount of mobs - however that's not what I got it for. Since the bmobs plugin has not been updated I have been swamped by the invisible slime problem down in my mines since the MC1.4 update - i.e. getting killed by something I can't see. If this plugin gets rid of slimes (which for the most part it appears to), then I can use my mines again, and thats all I wanted it for - the ghasts was just a test, and that appears to work 100% - I've never seen any ghasts since activating this plugin.
    I can run further tests to see if the limiting works for this thread on bukkit #621, but it is certainly stopping on my server for now !

For downloading, when you go to the github site by clicking https://github.com/VicWhiten/MobLimiter (which is at the top of this post), there is a 'downloads' button toward the right of the screen (assuming you have the browser full-screen - if you don't have it full-screen, you might not see the downloads button), click on that, there are 3 options - download tar.gz, download zip, or below those 2, there is a link in blue - Moblimiter.jar - click on this & you get the download - please follow instructions posted by @NiVangerow (above post #11)for manually setting up the config file - otherwise it'll spam your console with errors.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  21. Offline

Poinball

The config file is not Here for me ...

I using CB 617 !

22. Offline

NiVangerow

Make it like described in my post above....

23. Offline

IOn Vash

ok i got it working. you need to have something in the blacklist for the plugin to work. i put none for a blacklist and now it works perfectly.

also can you add multi-world support ?

24. Offline

Qiasfah

Doesn't seem to work with ghasts.

25. Offline

MJRamon

Thank you. We need multiworld support (I use MultiVerse)!

26. Offline

VicWhiten

did you add "ghast" or "ghasts"? The mob must be singular, this is the list of types you can add:

CHICKEN
    COW
    CREEPER
    GHAST
    GIANT
    MONSTER
    PIG
    PIG_ZOMBIE
    SHEEP
    SKELETON
    SLIME
    SPIDER
    SQUID
    ZOMBIE
    WOLF

VERSION 1.11 RELEASED!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  27. Offline

daddycreeper

Can you please make it so purge has an option on if pet wolves should be deleted, and default it to 'NO'.

Thank you, I will now go deal with my 12 angry players *loads wolf pound and tons of bones*

28. Offline

NEO

Looks nice. Request, The option to limit and modify mob spawner's spawn rates globally.

29. Offline

Nqoba

can you update this for 670... it's such a wonderful plugin!

imaxorz likes this.
  30. Offline

imaxorz

It works for 670, just tested it.

Nqoba likes this.