[INACTIVE][GEN] HelpPages 1.4 [612] Custom index and sub /help pages

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jonbas, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Jonbas

Download

Overview:
    This plugin overrides the /help command to allow a two tiered /help file that is fully customizable from a help.txt file.

If a user types "/help" they will see something like the following:

[​IMG]

and then if they used "/help server" they would see this:

[​IMG]

Usage:

The help.txt file is laid out like follows:
    Code:
    [Server, <Page> - Server Commands]
    /help, <Page> - Shows a list of commands. 7 per page.
    /playerlist
    /kit, [Kit] - Gives a kit. To get a list of kits type /kit
    /motd, - Displays the MOTD

#add an extra text line and blank line to help page
    [;Some extra help text]
    [;]

[Position, <Page> - Commands for movement:mods]
    ;Commands for movement:
    /spawn, - Teleports you to spawn
    /home, - Teleports you home
    /sethome, - Sets your home
    /listwarps, - Gives a list of available warps
    /warp, [Warp] - Warps to the specified warp.
    /getpos, - Displays your current position.
    /compass, - Gives you a compass reading.
    Define your own help message by using the format:
    /command, your help message

Lines that start with the ; character will just be added as plain text without checking for a command. This can also be used to add blank lines.

In the config above the page server will be visible to the default user group and the page position will be visible to the group mods. More than one group can be added by separating the group names with a comma like so: vip,mods,admins

Installation

Copy the HelpPages.jar to the plugins directory reload your plugins. It will create all the needed files the first time it runs. You can then edit your plugins/HelpPages/help.txt file to suit your server.

Version History
    v1.4
    • Works on RB612 and with Permissions and GroupManager
    v1.2
    • Fixed GroupManager connections. Now supports Permissions 2.5 as well.
    v1.1
    • GroupManager integration added (optional)
    v1.0
    • Updated for craftbukkit 450 (Minecraft 1.3)
    • Using newest onCommand and plugin constructors
    • No feature changes, but required for craftbukkit compatibility.
    v0.9
    • Initial port from hMod
    • Removed implementation of groups and permissions
    v0.9.1
    • Fixed major bug. If you have downloaded the original version this is a required update or all of your other plugins will stop responding to player commands.

Pallanas, Graloth and davispuh like this.
  2. Offline

haganbmj

Excellent - was hoping this would be ported over. Thanks!

3. Offline

ddoolin

Awesome work, thanks. My normal help has 23+ pages with too much stuff my users can't even use.

EDIT: Actually this is causing quite a few problems (or one big one?). It seems to be disabling a lot of my commands on latest CB build. I have some plugins like Towny, SearchIDs, etc, and I can't use any of them after installing this. There's no error returned, just a blank. Moreover, it disables Op commands like /save-all (and all the rest).

4. Offline

Jonbas

Hmm... sounds like I have a } in the wrong place. let me take a quick look.
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 8:03 AM ---
    Yup, that was it. Please re-download the file from above, it will work now.

Thanks for finding the bug.

5. Offline

ddoolin

No problem! Thanks for fixing it so quickly. :3

Indeed it fixed. But now I can't get it to override my /help from Essentials. If I remove the permission node for the Essentials help, it just no access.

6. @ddoolin have you tried disabeling the command inside the essentials config? i'm running essentials like that with helppages, and its running perfectly fine :)

7. Offline

Jear

@Graloth. I'm with ddoolin here- I'm running essentials and get the first help page just fine- but /help2 or /help3 only yields a TON of information. how exactly do you have yours set up? and what settings did you alter within essentials?
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 7:49 PM ---
    nvm- faulty inputs on my part- excellent plugin :)

8. Offline

avoidedlife

Graloth. could you post a screen shot or the syntax of how you disabled help in your essentials config?
    Code:
    # Disabled commands will be completelly unavailable on the server.
    disabled-commands:
     - help
    did not seem to work. and when /help is typed it yields NO output for users and admin

9. Offline

Jonbas

@avoidedlife are you getting any HelpPages errors in your console screen? It sounds like it's not running. Do you see the plugins/HelpPages/ folder with the help.txt file in it?

I just ran a test on my server where I installed Essentials clean (I hadn't used it before) and I'm not getting any conflict. Though, I haven't added any of its nodes to Permissions either, so that might be part of it.

10. Offline

ryanm2975

It really doesn't override the essentials help page, any ideas?

11. Offline

Jonbas

What version of craftbukkit, Permissions, and Essentials are you using? What nodes do you have set in your Permissions file?

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet with all the newest versions of all of these.

12. Offline

ddoolin

If you remove EssentialsHelp.jar in the latest Essentials build, it may work.

13. Offline

ryanm2975

thank you ddoolin, you're amazing, and jonbas, i'm really new to this so i don't even know what version and what people mean by what build they have, so yeah... i'm a noob figuring things out

14. Offline

avoidedlife

@ Jonbas - I updated to latest essentials plugin's and it worked.

15. Offline

Codisimus

Color support in the future?

16. Offline

Jonbas

There are a few things which I'll be adding in the near future:
    • color support for text
    • Permissions support for access to help pages
    Later on, as things settle down and stop changing so much, I'll add support for getting help text directly from other plugins again.

17. Offline

ledhead900

So is there any reason why this plugin can't just simply read from Niji permissions get your group and displaye commands only availble in the group and also have it work so it shows commands FROM ALL groups below the group your are in.

Then we only need to sort commands based into a Catagory and this plugin takes No.1 spot for help pages.

18. You only set permission nodes in the permissions plugin, not commands

19. Offline

ledhead900

I know but I think you knew what I ment, I'm asking if it is possible to have help read that file and only show commands associated to nodes that are in the groups you have rights for.

Porbably is but it probably won't be easy, It should be possible to autodetect the nodes tho and display the command associated with the node.
    "basicly just dropping the plugin name and showing the commandnode" even then I think it will not work correctly hmm... I'll get back you after more thinking!

20. Oh now I understand. Having a text file with all plugins nodes is possible, but it would be hard to make shure all the plugins nodes are in there and keep up with eventual changes/additions.
    And just dropping the first node propably wont be a good idea as the second node dont necessary equals a command, and then there are some plugins that have several subnodes.

21. Offline

ledhead900

It wont be easy ... I miss standardized help system like in Hmod now a days you have two choices plugins like this that let u write ur own or plugins that detect them all and show all no matter what group your in.

22. The bad things about hmods help was to much clutter. I had in the end 18 help pages, wich is hard to go through.

23. Offline

The24man

Ok, I'm not very good at this....
    I've been sitting here for an hour trying to get it to work.
    Can someone please explain it to me?[​IMG]

24. Offline

Jonbas

What are you doing and what is going wrong?

25. Offline

ledhead900

It was a bugger but it worked, I like the idea of sub sections with pages in those dedicated to certain things or plugins. But time consumeing to set up I guess tho I could do bits of it in spare time.

26. Offline

RustyDagger

I for see 1 problem i am going to have Atm if i type /help it brings up notches help cause the prefix like /#command for the console seems to of been removed and i keep clashing with them cause i am an op :/ i hope that this plugin don't clash

I remember spending hours making every thing for cuboid when using hmod now useing world edit so uh same thing all over again will be fun not

but really even with this installed my players insist on not using it they seem to not understand that its /help category

And i get a bazillion how to i protect a chest questions.

27. Maybe do someting like tis in the plugin.yml?
    Code:
    commands:
      tp:
        description: Teleports you to another player
        category: Teleporting
        usage:  /<command> [player] - Teleports you player

28. Offline

ledhead900

maybe but the goal is to only show groups commands that they can actually use, I just wish there was an easier to way grab nodes and associate them with commands and then display this list to the player.

Im thinking It could be done to simply Grab the nodes and setup a base list to work from then I could edit it like this plugin makes me to do from there. But the node idea would simply be to gather intel on groups and layout a basic sub section based on the name of the node.

Then indvidual commands can be added to the subsections created from this procsess.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 12:14 PM ---
    That alone would cut 20min worth of looking and typing. If you understand what I ment by creating subsection based on nodes in permissions config.

most plugins using nodes have liner node design such as pluginname.nodecommand.other

you would take the first and second nodes, then with those create a set of sub sectionns or folder if u will, Then the user can open the config after a inital server load to get this list.

To it already has gathered some basic intel on what should be in each section and all they would have to do is go thru it and filter any little errors out and add the commands and descriptions associated with the node section.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 12:17 PM ---
    This method I think could be used to gather and display Available Plugin names to the USER based on groups and then within the plugin names the commands available to them.

29. @ledhead900
    mayby this then?
    Code:
    commands:
      tp:
        description: Teleports you to another player
        category: Teleporting
        node: someplugin.teleport.tp
        usage:  /<command> [player] - Teleports you to player

30. Offline

The24man

I just don`t understand how to make separate /help pages.