[INACTIVE][ECON] DMWrapper v0.14 - a DynamicMarket wrapper adding locations [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Magik, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Magik

DMWrapper v0.14

Links
    DMWrapper.jar (GitHub Source)
    DynamicMarket.jar ( 0.4.8.magik.28 ) (GitHub Source)
    DynamicMarket Thread ( slightly outdated, I forked it and have been maintaining my own version )

Plugin Requirements
    • DMWrapper 0.14 was tested against Craftbukkit build #677
    • DynamicMarket ( 0.4.8.magik.28 - Shaniqua )
    • Permissions 2.7
    • iConomy 4.6.3 ( this is what DynamicMarket was compiled against )
    Intro
    I wanted DynamicMarket to be able to be locked down so that it wasn't a "global" shop command. This plugin enables that functionality by adding some /shop location commands. Basically you get to set up some locations in the world as shops, and you can restrict usage of the /shop to only those places. The plugin utilizes DynamicMarket's wrapper mode allowing me to pass commands as necessary to DynamicMarket. This plugin is just restricting location manager addon for DynamicMarket.

HaloInverse's plugin thread can be found here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-dynamicmarket-v-0-4-3-dynamic-price-shop-plugin-343.3266/

Note: this has been barely tested, use at your own risk. And please for god's sake back things up before you try this! Any suggestions/comments are welcome, please post in this thread ( or an issue on github's issue tracker ).

And thanks a ton HaloInverse for the great plugin that is DynamicMarket!

Commands and Usage (open)
    Commands and Usage
    • /shop location - prints out the Usage for the location commands
    • /shop location enable - enables location-restricted shops
    • /shop location disable - disables location-restricted shops - DynamicMarket will work like normal here with a global /shop command
    • /shop location set - begins the shop location selection process - this will ask you to right click 2 corners to set the boundary box
    • /shop location cancel - cancels the shop setting process
    • /shop location remove <ID> - removes the shop location with id ID
    • /shop location check - tells you the shop location ID that you are currently in ( for deleting )
    • /shop location list - lists all the IDs of the shop locations
    • /shop location tp <ID> - teleports to the shop ID location
    Permissions (open)
    Permission Nodes:

dmwrapper.location - allows usage of the /shop location command
    dmwrapper.admin - locations will not apply to a group with this node
    Installation Instructions (open)
    Installation Instructions:
    • Ensure you have DynamicMarket already installed and working ( with my latest compiled version here )
    • Add the permissions node to whomever you would like to be able to access the "/shop location" commands
    • Download the .jar - put it in the plugins directory
    • Once in-game ( with the location permission node ):
      • /shop location enable
      • /shop location set
    Changelog (open)
    Changelog:
      • recompiled against CB#617 for Minecraft 1.4
      • CB #602 update, as well as permissions/iConomy for that RB
      • added better integration into /shop help
      • fixed command collisions with DynamicMarket ( also fixed in DynamicMarket 0.4.8.magik.18 )
      • added debug-mode to config
      • better player tracking for entering/leaving messages
      • better world tracking
      • fixed embarrassing stupid command error
      • fixed /shop location being ignored when locations disabled in shop.yml
      • Updated to support newer DynamicMarket ( 0.4.8.magik.15 )
      • Craftbukkit Build #522
      • minor command related bug fixes
      • tweaked intercept command code
      • Initial Release
      • Added basic location based functionality to DynamicMarket
    To-do (open)
    To-do
    • Add custom/configurable messages for everything
    • Color up the current messages
    • Find a way to show the location command when passing /shop help to DynamicMarket
    • Add ability to pass administrative commands ( list/add/remove/etc... ) and ignore locations for those
    • Add ability to pass all commands if admin permissions?
    • Better handling of worlds ( currently I am assuming one world, and thus, this will probably break if you someone tries some sneaky things like setting one corner of a shop in one world, and another corner in another world ).
    • Fix getCenterOfShop() function to return calculated center instead of returning one of the set corners
    • Remove hard-coded plugin name/version/paths

2. Offline

Archelaus

3. Offline

HaloInverse

DynamicMarket 0.4.4 has added a "wrapper interface" and some extra configuration fields which should make some of the items in your To-Do list easier to implement. :)

SoapFlakes likes this.
  4. Offline

imaxorz

Right now its working as it should, but server throws a error any time you try to buy or sell from the shop. The operation doesn't happen either.

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'shop' in plugin DMWrapper v0.01
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:21)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:77)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:173)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:633)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:596)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:590)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: db
    at com.gmail.haloinverse.DynamicMarket.iListen.get_balance(iListen.java:267)
    at com.gmail.haloinverse.DynamicMarket.iListen.shopSellItem(iListen.java:389)
    at com.gmail.haloinverse.DynamicMarket.iListen.onCommand(iListen.java:700)
    at com.gmail.haloinverse.DynamicMarket.DynamicMarket.onCommand(DynamicMarket.java:93)
    at me.slaps.DMWrapper.DMWrapper.onCommand(DMWrapper.java:192)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:19)
    ... 12 more

5. Offline

HaloInverse

DMWrapper is based on an out-of-date version of DynamicMarket. It really ought to be updated to use DynamicMarket's new wrapper interface, so that DynamicMarket can be updated without breaking plugins that wrap around it. :)

6. Offline

imaxorz

Can't wait for that!

So far this seems to compliment your plug in greatly! I love them both.

I love your plug in too, a bit more complicated then others, but dynamic prices is the way to go IMO.

Right now I'm just hoping to see some kid of sign shop that can support it. That would be amazing.

7. Offline

SoapFlakes

A new version of this plugin would be fantastic. My server needs something juust like this!

8. Offline

that331

I love this plugin. Please update soon so I can use it again on my server! Thank you.

9. Offline

qrux

@Magik , please update this plugin, cause' it really rocks!

Beaverbeliever likes this.
  10. Offline

imaxorz

I miss having this plug in too!

11. Offline

Magik

wow sorry guys, didn't know people actually used this, since nobody had posted when i first posted this thread. I'm not subscribed either, so I havn't seen your responses as of late.

I just did some patchwork on DynamicMarket, and will probably get around to updating this soon.

Currently DynamicMarket was not working for me with the other sets of plugins I will be using, so I've updated DynamicMarket to reflect the latest versions of iConomy and Permissions and Craftbukkit. My current source/fork of that code is at: https://github.com/magik/DynamicMarket

check over in the DynamicMarket thread for updates about that

I'll post here soon when I've fixed this plugin to work with the updated DynamicMarket

12. Offline

imaxorz

This wrapper plug in is awesome! This and the dynamic market is the best shop system IMO.

13. Offline

slimpyman

Im really looking forward to the next release! haha this is the ultimate pvp plugin!

14. Offline

Magik

pvp!? wtf r u smoking

15. Offline

imaxorz

16. Offline

Juze

I lol'd at that PvP...

So umm, @Magik : ETA on fix?

17. Offline

Magik

i'd say about a weeks or two

I want DynamicMarket somewhat more stable - it seems like other people are having issues

what version of DynamicMarket are you currently running with? And have you had any problems getting it working with the latest CB recommended build? Latest iConomy? Latest Permissions?

I'd like DM to be a bit more stable before I start working on this again.

The good news is it shouldn't be too hard to massage the code I have into a working plugin once DM is stable and working nicely.

18. Offline

Juze

Well, I haven't used DM for a while now, been a while without for the lack of time to add it back. I'm on iConomy 4.4.5 and Permissions 2.5.3.

19. Offline

sauevaem

This plugin is great addon to DynamicMarket, please consider updating it soon!

20. Offline

slimpyman

pvp! haha i did fail my drug test, but thats irrelevant! its a pvp plugin because, it literally only allows you to use "bank" commands at a specified location... if you set a "bank" somewhere, people will be forced to sell their goods at the "bank". if pvp is enabled globally, people can hang out by banks, and gank others... yes, it is a good pvp economy based plugin. being able to use Bank commands globally to sell goods is a completely non-pvp oriented feature

lookin forward to the next release

21. Offline

Beaverbeliever

...Which is why PVP is off on my RP server. :p

22. Offline

Bilkokuya

I find we get lower crime rates with this plugin enabled.
    Because of our system of pvp regions; with safety in towns - bandits find it extremely difficult to make a living when they can only sell in towns (where our police normally are). Right now (plugin not running) they can unfortunately sell from their hideout and so finding them, and recovering the goods becomes extremely difficult.
    Looking forward to an update; it was a great addition.

23. Offline

SplenectomY

DynamicMarket is getting quite near to stable. Would love to see this updated. Thanks in advance!

24. Offline

Magik

just did my first pass update to support my latest DynamicMarket version ( download that here - I've only tested it with my own versions of DynamicMarket - current version 0.4.8.magik.16 [Shaniqua] )

but here is my latest 0.04 version of DMWrapper: here ( JAR only here )

please test and let me know of any issues

This may work with Andreas' version of DynamicMarket as well, but that is completely untested.

Let the bug reports flow!
    [MERGETIME="1300074974"][/MERGETIME]
    wow, never thought of that usage scenario, but glad to know it works out nicely for you ;)

that totally reminds me of the good ol' non-carebear UO days - cept the Reds had Bucaneer's Den to use the bank, but I guess that's just a slight tweak, because UO had auto-guard whacking of Reds in normal cities ( except Buc's Den )
    [MERGETIME="1300143308"][/MERGETIME]
    another quick bugfix for /shop location not working when enabled: false in shop.yml

same download links

JAR only here
    DynamicMarket here

25. Offline

Tenebrion

0.4.8.magik.16 [Shaniqua] does not work at all with CB 522 and iConomy 4.1 it just tells me my command is wrong no difference which command I use. But if I use the original DynamicShop plugin no problems at all. Any thoughts?

26. Offline

Magik

Can u try using/ dshop instead?

also, what permission nodes are set?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  27. Offline

Hakaslak

I get this with the latest DynamicMarket linked in your post:

[​IMG]

28. Offline

Magik

?

29. Offline

Hakaslak

When I run /shop or /dshop, that is all I get in the screen.

30. Offline

imaxorz

I think I am having the same exact issue.

I have a really weird problem that I can't seem to figure out.

When I use any /shop commands nothing happens. I see it in the console, but I get no confirmation or errors, its like I never entered the command.

However if I take every single file from my server and copy it onto my computer to test, it works!

Every single file, plug in is a mirror copy of what I run on my server. The only thing I change is the database address from localhost to the actual IP.

I get no errors at all when loading.

This is the log from my computer when I test plug ins.
    http://pastebin.com/Dc9uY2WQ
    This is the log from my actual server.
    http://pastebin.com/dB4B6kKz
    The times are different because m server is in a different timezone than I am.

Again every single file is the same.

I have no idea why it works while on my computer, but won't on the server.