[INFO/FUN] MonsterTriggers v0.5 - Make monsters talk! And stuff. [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Reil, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Reil

MonsterTriggers
    Make monsters talk!
    A fun addon to rTriggers
    [​IMG]
    1.0 Features:
    • Add-on to rTriggers
    • You can trigger a message whenever a hostile mob targets a player.
    2.0 Instructions:

Here's what you really came here for:
    Code:
    ######
    # This will get you what you see in the above screnshot!
    #    Everyone see this
    <<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:mobkilledbyplayer:<<triggerer>> has killed a <<mob>>!
    #    Only the killer sees this.
    <<everyone>>=<<triggerer>>:mobkilledbyplayer|Cow:<&5Cow&f>: Oh no!  <<weapon>>s!  My only weakness!

######
    # This makes a zombie gloat when it kills you:
    <<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:playerkilledbymob|Zombie:<Zombie>: I think you need your brains more than I do.

# Announces whenever a mob kills someone:
    <<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:playerkilledbymob:<<triggerer>> has died at the hands of a <<killer>>!

######
    # Makes a creeper say something random whenever it sees a player it wants to kill.
    <<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:targetsplayer|Creeper:<<list|Creeper|rand>>
    <<list|Creeper>>=<Creeper>: Ssssswell day, isn't it?
    <<list|Creeper>>=<Creeper>: That'sssss a nice everything you have, there.

<<customtrigger>>=<<everyone>>:mobdamage|Creeper|fire:<Creeper>: You think fire will sssstop me?

You'll need to add those lines (and lines like it) to your rTriggers.properties file (because you've installed rTriggers already, right?)

Usable mobs: Chicken, Cow, Creeper, Ghast, Pig, PigZombie, Sheep, Skeleton, Slime, Spider, Squid, Zombie, Wolf, Giant.

These have to be upper case.

3.0 Changelog:
    0.5 (2011/05/11)
    • Requires rTriggers 1.8 or later.
    • New option: playerkilledbymob!
    • Try using this plugin with rTrigger's new feature: the <<near-triggerer|distance>> recipient!

0.4 (2011/05/10)
    • New changelog format!
    • New option: mobkilledbyplayer. Has replacement tags that accompany it: <<mob>> and <<weapon>>.
    Older versions:
    • v0.3 - Targetsplayer will now only trigger when the monster targets something new (no more spamming targetsplayer when you hit a mob!)
    • v0.2 - Added triggerer support for being targetted. Added mobdamage hook.
    • v0.1 - First version! Yay!

2. Offline

Phantom Index

This is actually interesting. Can the message be colored?

3. Offline

Reil

Indeed, it should be colorable in the same manner as other rTriggers messages. :3

4. Offline

KrisEike

Haha, cool! =D

5. Offline

lokiman72

looks cool, will get

6. Offline

Kegan187

I wonder what a Skeleton would say....

7. Offline

EvilSeph

Please test your plugin with the latest Recommended Build (493) and update your release post accordingly as it is now a requirement of the submissions process, since the newest RB contains breakages.

8. Offline

Reil

Tested, no breakages I can tell. :3

9. Offline

Daedalus`

Can the messages be randomized?

10. Offline

CloseKnight

Could you add a list of the monster trigger e.g <inserttriggerhere>|(nameofmonstertrigger)

Creeper
    Skeleton
    Slime
    etc.

also could you add triggers for damaging an entity such as a 'monster' or 'animal' like cows etc.

11. Offline

Reil

@Daedalus: Messages aren't able to be randomized yet, but I may add that in a later update. :3

@CloseKnight Damaging entities is next on the list. :3 Alist will be up shortly.

12. Offline

fajny167

13. Offline

Liger_XT5

I really like this plugin. I don't suppose anyone is willing to share their list of lines?

14. Offline

Reil

Update!

- Added use of trigger so you can tell specific people/call them out by name (NOTICE: LINE FORMAT CHANGE)
    - mobdamage hook added (untested, my server's down at the moment).

15. Offline

deathdude202

to make it colored text, do you need to put a § then the color code? or is it like # then the color code?

16. Offline

Reil

You could either use the § or <<color>> and then the color code. rTriggers supports either. :3

17. Offline

Bronski

Nice mod! Finally some extra warning for creepers.

Just one problem, I'm getting an extra line:

Looks like a Creeper saw <<triggerer>>!
    Looks like a Creeper saw Bronski!
    <Creeper>: Ssssswell day, isn't it?

I installed the dependent mod, and the only lines I put in the config are the 4 lines as you have them above in the instructions. I didn't modify them in any way.

Build 556.

18. Offline

Reil

Ah, I think this may have to be with how I trigger things to have multiple options. I'll get on that, thanks!

19. Offline

Lord Chaos

Yeah, I am having the same problem with the extra line.

Can we get a list of configurable mob names?

20. Offline

Reil

Found the problem: it was an issue with how rTriggers handled <<customtrigger>> stuff, not how MonsterTriggers did anything. The next update for rTriggers should fix that, sorry!

21. Offline

Thrain

One thing that might be nice is to be able to set maby a randomizer or something so the message isnt displayed everytime, only sometimes.. i can think of specially when fighting a mob and you would constantly get the hitt msg. with something like a randomizer this wouldnt show everytime.

maby add so each msg has its own numbers etc.. for eks:

Code:
    <1:2><<everyone>>=<<triggerer>>:targetsplayer|Creeper:<Creeper>: Ssssswell day, isn't it?
    <1:1><<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:targetsplayer: Looks like a <<targeter>> saw <<triggerer>>!
    <1:6><<customtrigger>>=<<everyone>>:mobdamage|Creeper|fire:<Creeper>: You think fire will sssstop me?
    <1:10><<customtrigger>>=<<everyone>>:mobdamage|Zombie:<Zombie>: Buurrr!
    in the example above the first message would have a 1 in 2 (1:2)chance of showing etc.
    I dont know if this is possible or not, but its just an idea to get rid of the possible spamfest you mentioned :)

well its an idea at anyrate.

22. Offline

darkcammo

Also when killed by a mob, it will spam "A zombie spotted darkcammo" until you hit respawn. Is there a way to stop that? I doubt it, but worth asking.

23. Offline

Reil

I can probably put a check to make sure the targeted player is actually alive.

24. Offline

ioScream

Can you make it not spam the console? I get '[INFO] Entity changing targets.' all over my console.

I'd change it myself if I had a compiler.. it's line 27 on https://github.com/Reil/MonsterTrig...m/reil/bukkit/MonsterTriggers/MTListener.java

Seems like it's really only useful for debugging, not at all useful for logging or in this case filling up my console with mess.

BTW: This seems to work fine on 556 or current recommended build.. though I guess it would as it's an extension of rTriggers.

25. Offline

Lord Chaos

When will we get to see this update?

26. Offline

Reil

I think that rTriggers' last update should have covered it. :3

Oh, sorry about that. It's some debugging code I've left in by mistake. I'll kill that in the next update.

Updated! Sorry about that. :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  27. Offline

ioScream

Thanks! Love this and the rTriggers plugin.. now if you can add the "Player1 killed Player2.." and maybe ".. with a Iron Pick Axe"..

I don't know if that's beyond the scope for your goals in rTrigger, but maybe an rCombat.jar?? :)

EDIT: Just tested the update. All is well and I have my console back. =D

28. Offline

Hagon94

This plugin needs to be able to add lines in a user friendly manner from in-game also must be able to be randomized so creepers can have more lines like " Thatsss a nice everything you have there, ssssshame is ssssomething happen to it" or " I sssssseee you" Or something. I'm sure this plugin would be much more of a hit if you did, especially in my book. Personally i won't download it until this feature is implemented :p ( IF it can. )

29. Offline

Kainzo

I'd use this if the message would direct it only to the player that killed or did the ability.

with 4500 monsters on my server at any given time, this is a lag fest haha.

30. Offline

ioScream

it can, and i immediately changed the example to do so. It is done like this

Code:
    <<everyone>>=<<triggerer>>:targetsplayer|Creeper:This is the creepers clever message to the player targeted only.