Inactive [INACTIVE][Misc] Questioner v0.2 - Question Manager (for use with Towny) [122]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Shade, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Shade

[​IMG]Questioner[​IMG]
    Questioner is a plugin that gives as much flexibility as possibly to those extending this plugin. You have the ability to queue questions to a player online, or offline. The plugin does not remember questions when the server is offline (no persistence yet). You can attach Runnables onto the options of a question. You can ask several players the same question, and when one player answers, it is removed from the others (Linked Questions). Included is also a rough polling class. The options are answered though the command preprossor, allowing each option to mimic it's own command dynamically. Eg: /yes, /no, /accept, /deny, /blag, /maybeish . . . etc.​
    What uses this plugin?
    • Towny: link - Towny will use this plugin in a number of ways. First it will give confirmation to things like adding a player to a town, or asking the town's mayor/assistants to join a town. Towny will also use the polling feature to create elections, opt in wars, and other such things that require confirmation from both parties to not cause crazy imbalance.
    ~ Download
    ~ Commands
    question (Alias: q)
    • /question list
      /question list [page]
      List your current queue of questions, 5 at a time.
    • /[option]
      In order to answer a question, simply add a / at the beginning. So if the option was "yes", you type "/yes".

JerriCop likes this.
  2. Offline

SplenectomY

This looks pretty good. I love towny. Can you possibly list the questions that are currently implemented? Maybe keep that list updated in the OP as the plugin develops? Thanks.
    [MERGETIME="1300112461"][/MERGETIME]
    Actually, these will probably be on the individual plugins' pages, no? Hmm. My bad.

3. Offline

fullwall

I will probably use this in my Citizens plugin for npc shops confirmation.

4. Offline

silentdojo

Just a side note anyone using the Quest plugin. The /q alias is used in both so there may be some conflicts.

5. Offline

Phantom Index

be nice if it all worked on CB 550 wink wink.

6. Offline

Shade

Cool! If you need any assistance or have any questions, just ask.
    I'll change the alias to /que then.
    Update to v556.

7. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

CB #531
    Questioner 0.1
    and an assortment of plugins: AntiGrief, BigBrother, Essentials, GroupManager, iConomy, Jail, LocalShops, LWC, MyWarp, NoCheat, TimeShift, Towny, WorldEdit, WorldGuard and possibly a few others I can't think of atm

Questioner is causing lots of commands to get printed to the console when they used to be hidden. Here's a tiny example of what it looks like in my server.log:
    Code:
    2011-03-16 02:11:16 [INFO] cremove
    2011-03-16 02:11:31 [INFO] cpassword herewelive
    2011-03-16 02:11:37 [INFO] warp bigasstower
    2011-03-16 02:11:46 [INFO] cremove
    If they had a name attached and passwords were blanked out, I wouldn't mind, but in this form they are just causing excess text in the log and potentially a very trivial security risk. Is it possible to remove this behavior or is it necessary to the function of the plugin? Is it possible that Questioner is conflicting with another plugin (I want to ask before I go and check each plugin one by one)?

8. Offline

Spiritax

i had the same problem.
    you need to remove the line "System.out.println(command);" in QuestionerPlayerListener

9. Offline

Plague

10. Offline

MJRamon

Does it work with 617?

11. Offline

TheNander

Im assuming this is no way compatible with 670 :(

12. Offline

Umbra

It is.

13. Offline

TheNander

:D Really?

14. Offline

Umbra

Really.

15. Offline

Plague

@Shade please state the compatibility by adding 670 into the title or this will be considered unsupported anyway.

16. Offline

Ahfaichucky

i know this is inactive, but could anyone fix the naq author error & apply the workaround from post #9 for me please.

17. Offline

Ahfaichucky

if anyone could update it for me, i'll send you $3 bucks from paypal, just need the System.out.println(command); fix from post #9, and release it to public too as this is a essential part of towny for my server.

18. Offline

DiddiZ

Removed the System.out.println(command);
    Don't know whether there are other problems, didn't test.

EDIT: Fixed the nag author message.

Attached Files:

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  19. Offline

kahlilnc

WTF this is so outdated!!!

20. Offline

Ahfaichucky

it is but it still works

21. Offline

zoolder101

work with newest build?

22. Offline

DiddiZ

Should

23. Offline

Valtos

This plugin is inactive i see. But i need a plugin that is exactly doing this.
    is there any alternative or is there an documentation for this plugin here?

What i need is an API for my development to send Questions to Player and recieve the answer.

I've googeling for days without a acceptable result.

#EDIT: Have found LogBlockQuestioner but this doesn't work in 953.

Thanks a lot.

24. Offline

LlmDl

Hey! You can get Questioner 0.4 in the Towny Advanced thread! 0.2 doesn't have working nation-join support so updating is VERY important!

25. Offline

fred64

Hello. I'm having a strange problem using this with towny. When someone attempts to accept a town invite request with /accept, It says unknown command. It does send the question. Simply doesn't let them accept. Help? Thanks!
    - FSix4

26. Offline

BlackDeth55

Having same issue plz help!

27. Offline

Lolmewn

fred64 Horrible, horrible necro post.
    BlackDeth55 I think you are better off visiting the Towny Advanced BukkitDev page.

28. Offline

Demente

29. Offline

LlmDl