[ADMN/MECH] TweakedCycle v1.1 - weather- and time-control! (multi-world!, permissions!) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TZer0, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Offline

TZer0

Support for this plugin has been discontinued. If you wish to take over, please contact me.

TweakedCycle

PROJECT IS MOVING:
    Bukkitdev

Downloads, v1.1, tested against 953

Download (Dropbox)
    Download (Github)
    Source (Github)

Supported plugins (not a requirement)

Features

This plugin sets one of five modes for a world (of your choice, obviously) - normal, day and night, dusk, dawn or you can create your own schedule! Normal doesn't affect the time, day resets the time to just before 14:00 every now and then, while night does the same with 02:00 and dusk and dawn.. well, you get the idea. You'll be also able to create your own cycle.
    Uses:
    • Weather-control! (see how to create a schedule)
    • Sync to real-time time!
    • Make your own cycle! (see how to create a schedule)
    • Creative-servers where you always want it to be day!
    • Survival-servers (or worlds on survival servers, for instance: questing) where you want it to be night all the time and have monsters pop up, or make the surface more of a "safe-zone" by having day all the time.
    • Keep the nether dark till we get the proper red fog (better than nothing ;))! Not needed anymore! Good job, Bukkit-team!
    Permission-nodes
    Command reference (requires op or permissions)
    Show Spoiler
    All commands start with /tc or /tweakedcycle - run without a parameter to get help ingame, () denote aliases
    • (l)ist - show available worlds (defaults to i=0 if called without the parameter)
    • (r)eload - reloads worlds
    • (s)et worldname mode - sets a mode, either normal/0, day/1, night/2, dusk/3, dawn/4, real/5 OR your own schedule name, you may use + as space in the worldname. Worldname can be multiple worlds separated by spaces, don't use quotes!
    • Cycle-creation:
      • (l)ist(s)chedules [#] - lists avilable schedules
      • (d)elete(s)chedule name - deletes a schedule
      • (n)ew(s)chedule name sched - creates a new schedule (read how to create a schedule)
      • (s)ched(r)es [#] - modifies time-resolution or shows the current one (default 15)
      • (b)road(c)ast - modifies whether the server broadcasts impending day-changes (approx. 15, 30 and 60 secs before the actual change happens)

How to create a schedule
    Show Spoiler
    The schedule-formating is as follows:
    timeofday:length(r),timeofday:length(r)....
    timeofday is either 1,2,3,4 - day - 1, night- 2, dusk - 3, dawn - 4, you may use either words or numbers to describe time of day.
    Length is the number of schedule-ticks you want the cycle to last. If you set it to 2, it'll last two cycles, if you don't provide any number, it'll last 1 cycle, if you provide 4r, then the time of day will be reset to timeofday per schedule-tick.

Examples:
    2:2r,1:2 - will give two night-ticks where the position of the moon is reset per tick and then two day-ticks where the sun isn't reset.
    1,2:2,3:3,4:4r - will give one day-tick, two night-ticks, 3 dusk-ticks and 4 resetting dawn-ticks.

Weather:
    add "-[modes]" to timeofday. Available modes are s/d, t/c. s = storm, d = drought, t = thunder, c = calm. Remember: you can't have thunder without storm ;)
    Weather is relative, meaning if you do -st and then nothing, you'll have st for the next timeofday as well.

Example usage:
    /tc ns myschedule 1-st:2,3:3,4-sc:5,2-t - this will give two ticks of day and thunderstorm, 3 ticks of dusk with the thunderstorm still going on and then 5 ticks of of rain and dawn and the at last, a tick of night with thunderstorm (inherited from the phase before).

Fun things you can try:
    Create a raveparty!
    First: /tc sr 1
    Then: /tc ns rave 1,2,3,4
    Finally: /tc s world rave

Changelog
    • v1.1
      • Individual schedule-resolutions
      • Real-mode (syncs to local time) + shifttime so that you can change time-zones.
      • Fixed having to reload this plugin after starting or reloading the server.
    • v1.0.2
      • Redstone and fluid-fix (thanks to @maveok who was kind enough to point out my mistake :) ) - please send me a message if this doesn't work.
    • v1.0.1
      • Fixed spaces and pluses in names
    Previous changes (open)

• v1.0
      • Improved reliability
      • Fixed weird message-spam
      • Fixed "Using an invalid schedule-string may cause an exception."
    • v0.4.1
      • Removed empty weather-change messages (" in 15 seconds")
    • v0.4
      • Weather-control!
    • v0.3.2
      • + as space in worldname
    • v0.3.1
      • Added some nice utility to newschedule.
    • v0.3
      • Create your own cycle!
    • v0.2
      • Permissions-support.
    • v0.1:
      • Plugin released.

May require testing
    • Doesn't work with skylands in multiverse.
    Planned features/todo
    • [High] Snow once it gets supported by the API.
    • Add your suggestion.

Flamers and Marijn100 like this.
  2. Offline

chernobyl360

awesome ill add this to my server!

3. Offline

TZer0

At least someone liked it! :)

Tell me if you do find any issues or if you want to suggest improvements.

4. Offline

AgentKid

Cool plugin, I think I'll use it to keep nether dark till the redfog-fix, and possibly keep our PVP world more dangerous ;) 10D for you, good sir:
    [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]

5. Offline

chernobyl360

Well When i type /tc set World mode 1 it doesnt do anything. i wont even show anything the console...

6. Offline

TZer0

Oooh. Good point, adding to description!

You're supposed to replace mode with 0/1/2/normal/day/night. Strange that it isn't telling you to do things correctly.
    I could try joining if you'd like, just to see what's wrong - but that would require you to add me to your whitelist. (same as forum name, remember, it is a zer0, not an o)

Oh well, question-time, are you running the latest bukkit recommended build?
    Did you see the plugin activate?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  7. Offline

chernobyl360

Server
    Bukkit 556

The plugin did activate. i tried the command once and it said you didnt type it correctly. so it gave me the correct string. i used it and the error didnt show up nor did the time change.

ok i added you to whitelist. but how do i give you control to your plugin commands??
    so i would have to make you ops right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  8. Offline

TZer0

Yeah, the plugin requires op. Hmm. minecraft.net acting up again.

9. Offline

chernobyl360

i wont be on the server for the rest of the night. work on it tomorrow. :D

10. Offline

TZer0

I just tested it on your server and it did work (oh, and I de-oped myself right afterwards).

Just try "/tc set world 2" or "/tc set world night" - remember, you need op; permissions won't help.

11. Offline

chernobyl360

cool thanks!

12. Offline

thefinaldegree

Just added this to my server, did a quick reload, set the mode and it all worked perfectly :p

Just waiting on Permissions support & custom day-night cycle lengths.
    Keep up the good work! ^_^

13. Offline

Wolfy9247

Does this plugin currently work w/ CB 602? It seems like a good plugin to have ^-^

14. Offline

TZer0

Heh. It works against 612 at least.

15. Offline

TheGurw

I would love to have this on my server, as it's a sort of a daughter server that my clan inside a public server uses to plan builds. I use (Fake) Permissions as a part of Group Manager, and I'd like to see some support for it! As soon as I see that, I'll definitely be using this.

16. Offline

TZer0

Right'o. Will add (Fake)Permissions-support - most likely within 24 hours. This project kind of stopped since I started messing around with a few other ones.

Edit: Clocking in at 10 hours and 12 mins, done (plugin authors need sleep as well, eh?)!

17. Offline

dark666105

Just as a heads up, this plugin did create problems for me when I had the time frozen to day (dunno if night does it as well) with causing fluid physics and redstone circuits to stop updating properly after a bit. This was on bukkit build 617 and 670.

18. Offline

TZer0

Ooh. Forgot to add that. Adding to known issues.

19. Offline

Bradders

Best time plugin simple to use and affective it's EPIC good work.

20. Offline

Gimmic

Watching this for the configurable day/night cycle. I'd love to have like 30 minute days, 10 minute nights.

21. Offline

psortland

Ditto, really looking forward to this feature!

22. Offline

TZer0

Well then, it seems to be working now :) (that is, the "make your own cycle"-part)
    v0.3.1 is live!

psortland likes this.
  23. Offline

ShockBuddy

Wow nice Plugin!
    Its very useful for me!

[diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][cookedmeat]

Keep work!

24. Offline

TheGurw

Hooray! +3 internetz and [diamond][cake] to you sir!

Downloading.....NAO.

25. Offline

flipperz117

Um has anyone had issues with a world name separated by a space like Creative Map001? It says it is an invalid world name.

26. Offline

TZer0

Do /tc reload and see if it appears in /tc list.

27. Offline

sumusiko

Bro can someone tell how to schedule like:

Night = 15 minutes day = 3? Always like this forever

28. Offline

TZer0

Code:
    /tc sr 60
    /tc ns schedulename 2:15r,1:3r
    /tc s world schedulename
    Have fun.

29. Offline

TheGurw

hmmm. is there a way to have a worldname that has a space in it? For example, one of the worlds on my server is named Elm Creek. But no matter what i seem to try, i get an error when i type in the worldname.

30. Offline

TZer0

Interesting. What plugin are you using to create worlds?