A different Clan plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by x2dot, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Offline

x2dot

Suggested name: Clan..something

What I want: A clan plugin that lets you create clans and challenge other clans. When the clan accepts the challenge they get sent to an arena( with some way to even the teams). winner of that clan vs clan battle would then be awarded a win on the leaderboard. No classes are necessary.
    Perhaps both small and large arena battles? from like 2v2 to 10v10?

I tried to educate myself enough to make this plugin myself, but I just couldn't figure it out..

2. Offline

FailBulder

Yes this Would be a awesome plugin,
    Can anyone code it?

3. Offline

x2dot

I guess a clan plugin wouldn't be too fun to code. No one wants to make it lol

4. Offline

exload

This could be an interesting idea and I would love to code it for you but I don't think I will have time. Maybe someone else will :p

5. Offline

x2dot

Bump

6. Offline

devilquak

Most likely because plugins like this require vast amounts of code to work correctly and to have even half of the features you requested here. It's pretty hard to make something like this, are you sure the 4000 clan/faction plugins out there already somehow don't have what you want?

7. Offline

x2dot

I don't think there are any, but I would LOVE to be proved wrong.

8. Offline

devilquak

9. Offline

FailBulder

lol, you obviously did not read his req he wanted a clans/factions plugin where you didn't have to set home, the only plugin out of all those that actually have any relavince to this req is xclans

10. Offline

devilquak

Most of these things have what he wants, and he never said anything at all about setting a home. He didn't even do a search first, he never even knew any clan plugins existed at all.

11. Offline

Spinachie

You mean , for instance, you could create a clan, and allow others to join it. Using a program like WorldEdit, you could create an arena in which these clans could battle. Each kill a clan makes would become a point and be added to the clan's total points, while a death takes one away. A simple command could bring up the leaderboard of the top 5 clans on the server.

I may take this on... It depends.

12. Offline

x2dot

Again, you fail to grasp my concept. He was right. =( None of those actually have a way to challenge any clan. I have tried each of those, and the only one EVEN CLOSE is http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mcclans/ because they have that part on ''gamebattles'' but that still isn't what I was looking for.

I am looking for a way to challenge other clans, be teleported to an ARENA and fight them.... with a leaderboard.
    None of these do this. Trust me, I have been looking for this plugin for a VERY long time. If you want to add more to your potential list of clan/faction plugins. Type team, there is another slue of them...sadly, none doing that I want.

13. Offline

devilquak

That's specifically a PVP-centered plugin, the way you've been speaking it has sounded more like you just want clan features. Again, there is a search feature for a reason...

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/crazyarena/

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/battlearena/

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/pvp-arena/

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ultimatearena/

And the list goes on...

The general idea is to find a plugin most like what you're looking for and ask the dev for what you want first, and then if they won't add that, you ask someone here for it. At the very least, at least search for something so you're knowledgeable about what's out there and not just asking for something that's probably been made before.

14. Offline

x2dot

They both lack major factors in the request, again, none of these have a way to create a team, is random teams or red/blue. I have tried all of these as well. I have done my research and messaged a few people from clan/team plugins. The one who made xClans was the only one that even responded just to tell me it was a 'good idea.' I have done all I can, I even tried to research how to make the plugin when someone ELSE requested it. I couldn't figure it out, so I asked on here. I have done everything I could. Linking me these lists of major popular plugins and acting like I've never heard of them is not helping me... I'm not trying to be rude but dang bro.

devilquak Reading my post made me realize I was not 100% clear on the request. I apologize if you misunderstood the request. I edited the post to better explain what I'm after.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  15. Offline

devilquak

Yeah, from what you wrote, it mostly looked like you just wanted clan features.

Also, this sounds more doable than what it sounded like you were asking for originally. I would make it myself if I were better at saving data to files, I know exactly how I would make this and it wouldn't be too hard, I just wouldn't be able to save the data that well.

Anyway, good luck.

16. Offline

x2dot

17. As I mentioned in my message, which if you didnt fully read it, I will post it here..
    I will most likely be putting a challening/dueling system in xClans at some point soon.

Edit: This was not in the message, I know but I just want to give you a more thought out plan for this feature.

This feature will allow owners/mods of a clan to challenge others clan owners/mods to a challenge then will select the most amount of people to make equal teams on both sides (possibly comparing K/D Ratios.. Not sure how I'd get that to work perfectly though.. especially with really big teams) However, In essence.. Something near enough to your request, no?

18. Offline

x2dot

perfect! Can't wait. I'll keep an eye out.