A good server host?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheComputerDewd, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheComputerDewd

I am looking for a good minecraft server host.
    I need 3GB Of Ram

Prefer :
    -SSDs
    -DDOS Protection (maybe as an addon?)

Has anyone used :
    http://www.minecraftserverhost.net/
    http://exodushosting.net/minecraft.php

Or know if they are any good?

I have been using MaxsMcServers.com and they are TERRIBLE. Crash literally every hour. (even without plugins, and i have 3GB of SSD + DDOS Protection).
    I really need something new.

2. Offline

Onionbro

One of the more affordable hosting companies with SSD and DDoS protection is http://sudohosting.net/. I only used them via proxy while I was helping with a server but they seemed to be alright.

Here are a few hosts which I have used for more than 3 months.
    CubedHost: Had a great experience. Never had a single issue.
    BeastNode: Currently have a creative server for staff here. I've never had issues. They have SSD too.

I just started with AllGamer and I was surprised by the performance difference between them and my previous provider, *Cough* MPServ *Cough*. So far so good, but I just started with them so I can't give them the same endorsement I give hosts I have used for extended periods of time.

You can get a VPS for little more than your average shared hosting.

3. Offline

ghost0001

I have used Allgamer for over a year and a half. I have to say they have yet to disappoint me. I pay $70 for 3GB of ram a month on a VPS. They helped me migrate from Apache 2 to NginX to help save ram. They re-wrote my garbage collection for my server to help save ram. and anytime I have a question, they answer it in a timely manner. They may be a bit pricey, but definitely worth it in my opinion.

4. Offline

Onionbro

5. Offline

TheComputerDewd

I just got MPServ :p

6. Offline

Onionbro

That's unfortunate. I don't usually even mention poor hosting companies but I felt that their problems went beyond the normal acceptable limit of hiccups.

7. Offline

TheComputerDewd

Why? MPServ has AMAZING reviews, a friend of mine has them and has tons of users on with no lag at all. Dont make me regret the decision xD

8. Offline

ghost0001

With allgamer, you get COMPLETE root access to your VPS. I ended up installing mysql, nginx, and phpbb. they just installed the basic minecraft server with McMyAdmin. I have to say, even though the VPS didnt come with what I installed, they still helped me get it up and running. They went so far as to give me a new VPS when Apache 2 would not uninstall from my VPS when we were migrating to NginX. Their support is A++.

9. Offline

djl0st12

I hate to hear that anyone was ever disapointed with our services. If you could, could you elaborate on the problems you faced when you were with us?

10. Offline

msaunders

Whatever you do, just don't use PytoHost. Servers go down with no explanation, support will close your ticket if they don't have an answer, and you can only back up ONE WORLD! GG, I'm going to switch to a better host as soon as I can get some cash!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.