[ABANDONED PLUGINS] I will bring them up to date for you! {help required updating, loads to do!}

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by codename_B, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Don Redhorse

what I liked...

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Ja...9208/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1331152196&sr=8-4

and later

http://www.amazon.com/First-Design-...7124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331152196&sr=8-1

After that you will need some more sophisticated stuff like this:

http://www.amazon.de/Weg-zum-Java-Profi-professionelle-Java-Entwicklung/dp/3898646688/ref=pd_sim_b_2

one problem is though to get your head around that stuff.. I have still a lot of issues with generics and other things.. but I can get buy.. I did never understand OOP 25 years ago, now I getting the grasp of it.

2. Offline

codename_B

Learning java has actually made me consider a career in programming. I'm going to aim to learn some C# and C++ over the summer, and then see about getting internships with some kind of computing companies perhaps!

We'll see what's doing then, there's a fair few software companies out there!

3. Offline

Royalgamer06

My ''New'' top 3:
    Planetoids
    Worldmode
    Cartjump
    (AND IF POSSIBLE ALERTER!)

4. Offline

codename_B

Oh look no source links.

tyzoid likes this.
  5. Offline

Sawcar

I need OwnBlocksX!!

[​IMG]

6. Offline

SamyBG1

FastFood , obsidian destroyer , anti pvp log

7. Offline

Royalgamer06

I already gave the source codes...

8. Offline

codename_B

Then why did you repost at all?

9. Offline

Royalgamer06

cuz I replaced Alerter with another system, but I need to protect all my aeras again!

10. Offline

ashlii21

Hey thanks so much I have just put an order in for the Head First Java, 2nd Edition. Mabye one day I can do what codename_B is doing :p

11. Offline

DT_Rush

12. Offline

chaseoes

13. Offline

gs0543

I need ReasidenceSigns but it says they already updated but i cant download

14. Offline

Spathizilla

Heh I love how people claimed MyHome was out of date when all codename did was pull down the latest version of MyHome from bukkitdev :D

Damn lazy people not even checking themselves.

15. Offline

Brycey92

16. Offline

Darkhand81

For a lot of these plugins, other more modern plugins have come out that have the functionality of the old ones. Make sure you do some research first, there may be a newer plugin out there that does what you're looking for!

That's my issue too... After looking at procedural languages for so long, OOP is taking some getting used to. Accessing configuration file values outside the main class, for example, threw me for a loop and still does a little bit. Getters and setters, constructors, etc... Just let me access my damn variable! :)

tyzoid likes this.
  17. Offline

MrPendulum

18. Offline

mrcheesete0

Java for Dummies
    Java All-In-One for Dummies
    How to Get Started Programming Java for Dummies

are three my librarian is ordering for me.

19. Offline

codename_B

My butler ordered those for me just now too o.o

billofbong likes this.
  20. Offline

mrcheesete0

Lol. I'm like the Super-Teachers-Pet at my school's Library, mainly because I spend 4 hours a day as a Library Aid helping them do tons upon tons of shit, so when I ask for a book, it usually magically appears on the shelves within 2 weeks.

tyzoid likes this.
  21. Offline

codename_B

Ah nice!

22. Offline

mrcheesete0

Easiest Slacker Senior Year Ever.

I spent about half of the 4 hours earlier today adding more pages to the lsit of plugins to add to the google doc.

So far I have all the plugins through page nine in alphabetical order with links to its dev.bukkit/forums topic and how many people have requested it saved in a txt document. As soon as I finish through page 20, I'll edit them all into the google doc

23. Offline

Grimmy777

Finally I am making progress at updating my server. Can you get narrowtuxlib going again? I need it for showcase.

24. Offline

marcus

any news on virtualshop? :)

25. Offline

Feriscool

marcus likes this.
  26. Offline

mrcheesete0

NOTICE:

Starting at Post #287, I am no longer adding plugins without source links/dev.bukkit links/fprum links (one of these) to the lsit of requested updates that I will be pushing into the google doc.

If you want your shit updated, don't force those offering help to do all your work for you. You decided to host a server, and that comes with the expectation that you do the work needed to service it.

27. Offline

Zedarion

28. Offline

jfmherokiller

please do midibanks
    if you need someone else to decompile the jar i did.
    just pm me for it

29. Offline

Darkhand81

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.