[ABANDONED PLUGINS] I will bring them up to date for you! {help required updating, loads to do!}

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by codename_B, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sabbertran

2. Offline

codename_B

Maybe you didn't provide a link? There are lots of plugins here to update so I tend to just work through them as best I can, I'm still doing page 4's (I'm only one man).

As I said, bPermissions users get priority ;)

I'll have a look again, decompiled source is not the best to work with however!

3. Offline

andrewpo

You're awesome! :D

4. Offline

Adrenaline

;/ then can you fix only this:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orerespawn/
    https://github.com/SvenBrnn/oreRespawn <- source

5. Offline

codename_B

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

RougeAgent

7. Offline

Adrenaline

Can you give me source? because i want to see how you repair it :)

learning java =d

8. Offline

strontkever

9. Offline

tritonx

strontkever
    About MobBounty, I found a good replacement, MoneyDrop works great and I prefer their method of giving out the money, the mobs drops gold nugget that are converted to coins when you pick them. And there is much more configuration possible.

WormHole X-treme again...

Yes the 1.16 version works, but any new gate created is not saved when shutting down the server.

10. Offline

codename_B

It's in the .jar

11. Offline

SavageCore

12. Offline

sorklin

I've checked and its not a trivial change. The SQL db would need to be updated (or the code rewritten to avoid the UID).

13. Offline

Adrenaline

eh i dont know why but its dont work *_*

Type /ores spawnnow and dont recover gold ores.. :S ;(

14. Offline

darkmage0252

15. Offline

HadrienM

Hello,

This plugin had been updated till MC1.1, now it no longer works. The Problem is that i've a Server with more than 20 train stations based on it, including all the switches, certain of them have 12 possible ways ! They are connecting all the villages.

I present the (not so) old :

Minecart Mania ! :cool:
    Link : http://ci.oc.tc/view/MinecartMania/

If some can update this i will give anything he wants... :/

Please... :'(

16. Offline

tritonx

Not saving the gates on shutdown not trivial....

I agree it's better than nothing for now because we have more than enough gates, but it's not sustainable. Players are exploring the new area and want to create their gates there.

17. Offline

codename_B

Maybe start transitioning to a new plugin?

18. Offline

tritonx

I though the goal of this thread was to help avoid that...

I don't think there is any replacement that would replace it as is, like when I replaced MobBounty for MoneyDrop, it didnt ruined anything already done, it improved the game imho. I have hundreds of gates the players use and know.

That said, I'm trying to contact the current dev to see if he is responding, I should have done that first, sorry.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  19. Offline

Sawcar

AuthMe

[​IMG]

20. Offline

sorklin

I agree. I'm working on a patch, because we use it too.

21. Offline

codename_B

Right, let me clear this up, there's far too many abandoned plugins for me to support any (or all) of them. The whole point of what I'm doing here is giving you time to find new ones, as well as keeping your server running and up-to-date in the meantime.

If you can find a dev (that's not me) that wants to take over an existing plugin that you use, then that's great and feel free to send them the source from the updated ones I've done.

Try and see it from a devs perspective, there are literally thousands of plugins. Bringing them up-to-date so they work is relatively easy (if the source is available) whereas actually supporting them, I spend 5+ hours a week supporting a single plugin, there's just not enough hours in the day for that.

Don't think of me as a bad person for not wanting to support your plugin, I understand it's important to you and that's why I'm even doing this in the first place.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  22. Offline

sorklin

Perfectly reasonable.

I've patched the code here https://github.com/No-Heroes/Wormhole-X-Treme. I'm basically not saving the worldID into the DB since it was deprecated and removed from bukkit. However, he doesn't use the worldID anywhere else, so it doesn't seem to affect anything. I've created new gates and it saves fine.

This code is a royal mess (that lycano didn't write), so I won't support either. Hopefully he rewrites from scratch as he's been saying that he will.

You can download the jar file from the git linked above.

tritonx likes this.
  23. Offline

TheVisas

24. Offline

MetalMadness

codename_B alright thanks :D

Regios isnt abandonned, it's just not working with the newest update. be patient

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

tritonx

Thank you very much Sorklin,

codename_B

I didn't expect anyone to get working right away on what I was asking. It was a suggestion as many others do here. I'm surprised you are even offering to do that, you'd know there would be thousands of request.

Cheers and great work, it's appreciated.

And if anyone want to help the guy doing mmSupernaturals... I'm sure he could use some help.

26. Offline

Royalgamer06

These please:
    Broken plugins (couldn't load):

AllAboard
    NoIce
    Armageddon
    EndReload
    kHerobrine
    Herobrine
    reviveondeath
    NoSnow
    HandyTorch
    NarrowtuxLib
    MobRain
    LastCommand
    ToughMelt
    Alerter
    TimeAnnounce
    MoveCraft
    PlgDisableCmd
    Shotgun
    FastMining
    Lockette
    EndReward
    GlowHat
    MobArenaGod
    NoSpeedKick

Broken plugins (Error occurred):
    CommandSigns
    BlockHat
    FenceGates
    mrFixitContinued
    DragonNoPortal
    AuthMe
    Chatlogging
    Planetoids
    worldMode
    CartJump
    Zombes4Bukkit

NOTE: I'll post a second post with the links and the most important plugins to be updated...

27. Hey, wow, this thread is being bombarded with requests:) I will make one

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/choptree/

Are you kidding me? You think he is going to update all that, or even check any of it out? Come on

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

28. Offline

Royalgamer06

29. Offline

jwnordquist

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.