Acid Rain

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by doodlord, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

doodlord

Hi,
    I'm playing on a Fallout style server, we've just started a new world, and i thought a plugin like this would be really cool.

Basically, i was hoping for a plugin which would turn rain into acid rain, causing .5 hearts damage per sec. The acid rain would have a 25% chance to occur whenever it rained. That's the basic plugin.
    I have a few more requests, but i'm sure they're a little more complicated, so if it's not possible, don't worry about it.
    The optional requests are as such:

Acid rain would have a different colour to it than normal rain​
    Certain types of blocks are affected by Acid rain, E.G Stone would turn into cobble, grass into dirt. Maybe have 2% chance for the block to change?​

Anyway, thanks for reading, and by the way, this is a pay to play server, so a donation towards the developer would be likely.

- Doodlord -

2. Offline

escape

I can do this, aside for the rain color which would require a client mod.
    Just give me a day or 2 and I'll have something working for you.

EDIT: I have the basic plugin completed, just looking for an efficient way of doing the block decomposition.

doodlord likes this.
  3. Offline

doodlord

A client mod would be ok, we're running a pre-packaged version of minecraft so most SSP mods work with our multiplayer,
    And thanks for the help

4. Offline

escape

Unfortunately client mods are out of my scope, but here's the plugin as you requested. In the settings you can change the damage interval, amount of damage, chance of acid rain, and whether or not to broadcast a message when it starts. It is also fully multiworld enabled and respects biomes.

Link

5. Offline

Everdras

I'm curious as to how you did the block decomposition. Could you either summarize what you did here, or point me to where you did it in your source code?

Thanks =)

6. Offline

escape

Well at first I tried getting all the non-air blocks in all the loaded chucks periodically and going through them to find outdoor grass, but that caused far too much lag so decomposition didn't make it into this release. I do have a few ideas though so hopefully I'll work something out.

EDIT: I've come up with a pretty good solution now so I'll be updating the updated version soon.

7. Offline

doodlord

Thank you so much, :D

8. Offline

escape

Here's a link to the plugin thread