Adding Alerts to BukkitDev

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by SnipsRevival, Jul 25, 2013.

?

Should an Alert feature be added to BukkitDev?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SnipsRevival

On the Bukkit forums, there is the alert tab on the top right of every page. This is extremely useful feature. However, this is not on BukkitDev. You can only be notified via email of updates on BukkitDev. I think it would be a great idea to include an improved alert system on BukkitDev that is similar to the alert system on the Bukkit forums.

The alerts on BukkitDev should be configurable and allow users to be notified of any of the following changes:
    • new comments on tickets
    • changes in ticket status
    • new comments on project pages
    • replies to comments in tickets or project pages
    • project file is approved/rejected
    Notifications should also continue to be sent to a user's email if that is what he/she desires.

I believe adding this functionality will vastly improve the friendliness when using BukkitDev. Users would no longer be required to check their email for updates to BukkitDev.

_DSH105_ likes this.
  2. Offline

hawkfalcon

I'm adding BukkitDev PMS to BukkitAlert soon :)
    Edit:
    Or not, doesn't seem possible. Anyone have a way to do this...?

_DSH105_ and javoris767 like this.
  3. Offline

midnightfang22

SnipsRevival Well, they could also click on their name at the top-right while logged in to see updates to any subscriptions you have. It depends on what you subscribe to and its limited in what it can show as far as how far back it will keep, but its a similar functionality.

4. Offline

SnipsRevival

Sure, but it would be better to actually receive notifications like you receive on the forums.

5. Offline

chaseoes

Better notifications have been a planned feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.