[ADMIN/FUN] Burner v0.2 - A more creative way to suicide than /kill![818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ineentho, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Ineentho

[Burner]
    A more creative way to suicide than /kill!
    Version: v0.2
    Players will get access to one, simple command: /burn. This will set them on fire until they die or somehow manage to extinguish the fire. OPs may use a more powerful version of burner: They may also set other players and creatures on fire with /burn WhatToBurn.
    "WhatToBurn" may be..
    • a part of a players name. Example: /burn I in order to burn Ineentho,
    • a full player name if you want to be sure you are burning the correct one. Example: /burn Ineentho to burn Ineentho,
    • or a EntityId of a monster or other creature (You can find it by pressing F3). Example: /burn 46 to burn that pig which seems to be named 46.
    Features:
    • Set yourself on fire (/burn)
    • Burn others (/burn target_player) (OPs only)
    • Burn creatures (/burn EntityId (found using F3)) (OPs only)
    • You don't have to write full playernames)
    Download the plugin

Notice:
    I'm not working actively on this plugin, however that may change in the future.

Changelog:
    Version 0.2 (Download)
    • You may now also burn monsters and animals /burn entityId (You find it with F3)
    • Changed some messages
    • Extending fire if you already is burning instead of disallowing you to use /burn.
    Version 0.1 (Download)
    • Release

Unset likes this.
  2. Offline

ashour

this seems nice :) ill dl it soon :)

3. Offline

Ineentho

Hope you find it fun/useful! Please let me know if you have any suggestions :)

4. Offline

KGameLover1

Cool! Does this work with 709?

5. Offline

Ineentho

Yeah, did just test it on 709.

6. Offline

KGameLover1

Yay, thanks!

7. Offline

ashour

can u do it like someoen spawns like herobine and hits u and dies, or atleast anyone spawns and K.O's you? this would be sick.

8. Offline

Ineentho

Cool idea, I think it should be possible. I am new to bukkit development, but I'll give it a try later.

9. Offline

xblackknife

Nice Plugins, looks much fun ;D

You could add a timer, how long they burn until they die.

10. Offline

Ineentho

Thanks,

timer sounds like a good idea, but it would kind of spam the chat, but I could try it anyways. Thanks for your feedback!

Released a new update (v0.2), adding:
    • You may now also burn monsters and animals /burn entityId (You find it with F3)
    • Changed some messages
    • Extending fire if you already is burning instead of disallowing you to use /burn.
    Permalink to 0.2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  11. Offline

Mephestrial

I'd love to see a command to make players burn on contact with sunlight like zombies. Lots of uses for that, such as vampirism, zombification, etc..

Ineentho likes this.
  12. Offline

Ineentho

Sounds like a lot fun, I'll give it a try!

13. Offline

goldgamer328

why dont you add many diffrent ways to kill your self. Like maybe one you type /spawn creeper (name of player) and it spawns a creeper at that player...well then i am sure you know what happens after that. Yes i know there are alot of these but you seem to be taking more input from people then the other creators of other /kill mods do. ir maybe one could be a 1x1 tower apears and puts the player at the build limit then disapears. or maybe /zap (player) to call down lighting

14. Offline

Ineentho

Yeah I will try creating some more /kill plugins later :p I think there already is one that bombs you with creepers, but yeah, I will add some more ways to die :)

15. I love it :) but I'd also like to see it work with Permissions

16. Offline

Ineentho

Thanks :) Will probably work on permissions soon, but I would like to add some more features first.

17. Offline

iidunno

hey can you read the pm i sent you please?

18. Offline

I_am_not_funny

op only?
    714 support?

19. Offline

Ineentho

OP only? yes, at the moment, however I will fix permissions support soon.
    I tested with both 709 and 733, both worked without any changes, so probably 714 works too.

20. I'd love the source code :)

21. Offline

Ineentho

22. Offline

L24D

I would love it if someone could make a fork of this... Instead of having the person burn, make them explode! :D
    That's been my dream plugin for a long time...
    anyways, great plugin nonetheless, no problems! +1

23. haha, i made this also. selfCombustion ftw!