[ADMIN] LogBlock World Pruner v1.0

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by WhiffleX, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

WhiffleX

LogBlockWorldPruner

This script substantially reduces the size of large Minecraft worlds with the help of LogBlock. Mine dropped from 11gb to 2.7gb and everything is 100% the same as it was before.

The way it works is it prunes Minecraft regions that have no LogBlock history. It doesn't delete any files and only copies them to a new directory. You can then test the new region folder and eventually replace your existing folder. I do suggest keeping the original as a backup just in case something goes wrong.

You need to set the parameters to connect to your LogBlock database and you need to set the source and destination directories.

Source:
    https://github.com/Hawkers/LogBlockWorldPruner

2. Offline

hawkfalcon

:confused: um. Wouldn't the entire untouched world disappear if you did that?

3. Offline

WhiffleX

Yes. All the regions that were generated as player traveled through them but were not built upon. This mostly removes ocean which takes up a considerable amount of disk space.

4. Offline

SwiftSwamp

Ahh, so it's removing chunks that have been untouched? This would look ugly on a world map. I do suggest this for people not using Dynmap though.

5. Offline

WhiffleX

We use Dynmap and it looks just fine. Each continent is basically squared off around the edges. There aren't really any holes within the continents because this only removes regions, not chunks. One region is 32x32 chunks, so it's pretty hard not to touch an entire land based region. This mainly removes ocean data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.