[INACTIVE] [ADMIN] MantraSave v0.3 - Automatically save world file on certain events. [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Denney, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Denney

Update (21.11.11): Sorry for the absence. I've been busy with other things lately and Minecraft has taken a back seat. Now that 1.0 is out and Bukkit soon to follow, I intend to get back to these plugins. For now though, I've removed the downloads but the source is still available at GitHub for the time being for anyone who wants it. I probably won't update this thread any more because of the move to BukkitDev.

Version: v0.3 (31.08.11)
    Compatible Bukkit: RB #1060

Description:
    Automatically save world file on certain events.

Events to save on include:
    • On player login & quit.
    • On chunk load & unload.
    • On blocks placed & broken.
    How often saves are performed when blocks are placed and broken and chunks are loaded and unloaded is configurable. I wouldn't recommended enabling all the save options, unless you like your console to be spammed with messages!

A "/save" command is included for forcing a world save. The save function essentially executes 3 commands:
    • save-off
    • save-all
    • save-on
    Please note that this is NOT a backup plugin!

Requirements:
    • Bukkit SuperPerms permissions manager (I recommend the official PermissionsBukkit plugin [forum link])
    • OR Permissions v3 plugin. Support for Permissions v3 will be removed once it breaks. This provides server administrators time to merge over to Bukkit permissions.
    Links:
    Commands:
    Show Spoiler

/save - Force a save of current worlds.

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

mantrasave.save - Permission to use the /save command.

Changelog:
    Version 0.3 (31.08.11):
    • Fixed Permissions v3 support (fixes internal server error).
    Version 0.2:
    • Added SuperPerms support.
    • Added license.
    Version 0.1:
    • Initial public release.

2. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Nice, I may use this in place of simple save, We are having problems where the worlds are rolling back if I type 'stop' even if it says its saving the chunks

3. Offline

Denney

I was having issues with SimpleSave as well. That's why I wrote this plugin. Glad you like it!

4. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Ya, I am having issues with it breaking on a server reload. And with my desire to keep as close to a 100% up-time. So this will be nice for the quick saves that I need to do as I stop the server, so people dont have to redo thier stuff, get pissed, and rage quit

5. Offline

Kattalassien

Can you also add a timer? So like every ten minutes it saves?

-Kat

6. Offline

Foxtrot200

Would it be possible to hide the console messages? I have op on my server and it's annoying when people start building huge things because I have the save rate at 100 blocks. I'd rather not increase it.

7. Offline

Denney

I've found the timing code in Bukkit to be quite unreliable and that's why I haven't added that to the code.

Unfortunately those console messages are from the Minecraft server itself so there's no way to actually hide them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

Enraged

nice idea but i tried it and there is one problem.
    i configured the plugin to save all 100 placed blocks but then the plugin spams the server?! why? i think one message is enough but the plugin spams like 10000000 a second :D is there a solution?

9. Offline

Denney

The messages displayed on the console are from the Minecraft server itself. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to bypass them yet.

Also, I've now added Built-in Bukkit permissions support. No more reliance on the Permissions plugin.

10. Offline

Lotos

I'm waitting for timer backup ex. Save the whole world every 1h.
    Auto removing older backups from the server would be great.

11. Offline

Denney

This plugin wasn't really intended as a backup plugin. Just something to force saving the world via Minecraft's official methods incase of a server crash.

Personally, I use MineBackup to actually backup the worlds.

12. Offline

EmanuxJade

can u add an options for disable logging message in chat for OP users?

13. Offline

Grandof

Sweet. This is going to have to replace my Simple Save but the only thing for me that this plugin is missing that Simple Save had is support for Automatically backup world file on certain events. I'm sure most people do it manually now or don't do it at all. Are you planning on adding this kinda of feature at all?

14. Offline

EmanuxJade

on build 1240

Code:
    2011-10-04 09:51:49 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to MantraSave
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.bukkit.command.ConsoleCommandSender.<init>(Lorg/bukkit/Serve$
            at net.mantrasoftware.mantrasave.MantraSave.saveWorld(MantraSave.java:147)
            at net.mantrasoftware.mantrasave.MantraPlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(MantraPlayerListener.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:251)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:159)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:650)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:231)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

i think the plugin is broken...:(

15. Offline

EmanuxJade

16. Offline

elrox

update?