Inactive [ADMIN] MC Server GUI .9.7 (cross-platform) - A GUI wrapper for your server (now w/in-game cmds)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by dumptruckman, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dumptruckman

MC Server GUI (cross-platform edition) .9.7 - A GUI wrapper for your server

[​IMG]
    Version: v.9.7

This is a wrapper for your minecraft server that, at it's base, provides a Graphical User Interface. This is the beta version nearing release! The next few releases will contain some minor features and polishing.
    So far it runs on both Linux and Windows. I don't have an OSX machine so I can't verify it is working on that yet. Please let me know if it does or does not.
    While this IS the Bukkit forums, this software works with almost any version of the Minecraft Server. However, some of the features only work on 1.6.6 servers!

NEWS
    10/11/11 Finally, an update! I've gotten pretty tired of working on this project. It was my first project in Java and when I look at the code now I just want to vomit. I had already made a lot of progress on ".9.7" and i've been using the dev version for a while. I had to remove the spawn protection thing cause it was a major annoyance. I tried to update the proxy but it doesn't seem to work (YMMV). I don't know if I'll be releasing any more updates after this unless there some's blaring bug that I have to fix in order for ME to use this GUI. It's been fun guys, but I've moved on to making plugins! In the future I may make a MUCH better GUI but don't expect it anytime soon.

Features
    • Provides a GUI for your minecraft server
    • Great compatibility with any version of the minecraft server
    • Resizeable!
    • Shuts down server gracefully upon exiting the GUI.
    • Input History (scroll through with up/down arrows)
    • "Say " toggle check box (hotkey: ctrl+s)
    • Shift+enter sends the opposite of "Say " checkbox
    • Experimental custom run line
    • Easy server backups
    • Easy world saving
    • Very robust task scheduling (for restarts, backups, commands, etc)
    • CPU/Memory Usage monitoring of GUI and Server
    • Network Usage monitoring of server computer
    • Configurable text size/color and [TAG] colors
    • Player List w/ right-click menu (kick, ban, banip)
    • "Minimize to tray" (If your system supports that)
    • TCP JSON interface for controlling the GUI remotely! Documentation
    • Custom Task Buttons
    • In game op-only commands
    • GUI update notifications
    Download (open)

PLEASE SHARE ANY INTERFACES YOU DESIGN! THANKS! :D
    Installation (open)

• 1. Unzip mcservergui.jar into your Minecraft Server directory
    • 2.Window users may launch the GUI using guilauncher.bat. Other users must run from a command line with "java -Djava.library.path=./nativelibs -jar mcservergui.jar".
    • (Please note, if you do not launch with the VM option of -Djava.library.path=./nativelibs then the cpu/memory/network features will not function)
    • 3. Go to the Server Config tab and make sure the settings are how you would like them. Take special note of the Use Proxy option. Selecting this allows the player list to work. However, if it is selected, you must have your players connect to the External Port instead of the Server Port.
    That's it!

Full README (has scheduler guide)
    Screen Shots (open)

(Version .9.0)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Todo List (open)

• Add restoration of backups
    • Add plugin manager
    • Plugin compatability
    • And tons of more crap
    Full TODO list

Change Log
    Version .9.7
    • HUGE code overhaul:
      • Optimized some code.
      • 100% remade the GUI by hand. Now uses MiGLayout. This should fix issues with some tabs not displaying correctly on some systems.
    • GUI now has potential for alternate themes.
    • Merged Server Config tab and GUI Config tab into new Configuration tab.
    • Added a Theme tab which for now only houses the color changing and text size options.
    • Added an Internal port field for increased compatibility and maybe easier to understand?
    • Added a minimum resize size so that no components would never NOT show (With the default Nimbus theme).
    • Fixed NullPointerException when trying to edit a task when no task was selected.
    • Completely re-made the backup tab.
    • The backup process is more efficient when zipping. It no longer backs up to a folder first and then zips. It just zips.
    • Redid the progress bar to make more sense. It is only used for backups now and it actually shows the progress.
    • Added BukkitContrib/Spout compatibility.
    • Added quite a number of additional checks to make sure new users understand better issues they are having with the Proxy.
    • Any files missing at the time of backup will be removed from the file list.
    • Removed spawn protection from server properties box
    • Updated proxy for 1.8.1 but doesn't seem to work (not sure how to fix) :(
    • Probably stuff I forgot about.
    Version .9.6.1
    • Fixed issue where GUI restart tasks would cause the server to stop immediately.
    • Potentially fixed other cases where GUI would cause premature server stops.
    Version .9.6
    • Dealt with selecting large directories to backup freezing the GUI... Switched to a simpler checking mode. It's not as pretty/intuitive but it solves the problem.
    • Fixed issue where the console would not cease scrolling in the correct situations.
    • The config should now always save on GUI close, once again.
    • Minor fix to the Proxy code.
    • You may now start/stop the server during a backup. Doing so will attempt to immediately cancel the backup operation.
    Version .9.5
    • Fixed GUI freeze issue when issued a server restart in a number of cases.
    Full change log

Known Issues
    • GUI freezes when selecting ./plugins in the backup tab?
    • GUI component positioning issues in linux.
    Full issues list

Thanks To
    @BigRenegade for the excellent work on the Sample Web Interface!
    @nickrev for the icon image!

Love my GUI? Feel free to donate! :)

2. Offline

Killie01

The spoilers are broken all of them are triple

3. Offline

dumptruckman

Haha, you're right! I'm really not sure why either..

4. Offline

BigRenegade

@dumptruckman

You might want to clean up the source code. :) You included the bukkit.jar, minecraft_server.jar and all files you used to test it with. :)

Also I found that it isn't saving the config file when changes are made. It always sets to the default values for the Xmx memory. Selecting the server changes, but that is it.

I don't have a Linux machine but I do have Virtual Machine software, so once I install it I'll install a copy of Linux and run tests on it with Linux. Might be a couple of days before I can get Linux running, but once installed I'll be able to test it out regularly after that.

5. Offline

dumptruckman

@BigRenegade
    Yeah, the source code is rather messy... I'm not that proficient with git and with my whole setup it's just a hassle to try to manage the folder correctly. I'll get it cleaned up eventually though :)

As far as it not saving... It only saves now when you exit the program... Are you sure it's not saving at that point? It might not be, but just want to make you aware of the difference. Also, you must press enter after typing in a new value. I'm going to add additional actions that cause the values to save but for now enter is the thing that causes the settings to actually change.

6. Offline

BigRenegade

A suggestion so people don't complain about this. Just place a save config button on the page so it will write out the new values. This way people will be certain to get it right. (seeing as how i didn't the first time around lol)

7. Offline

dumptruckman

Yeah, like I said, I'll be adding more ways to make it save... I was just wanting to get it released! :)

@BigRenegade .1.1 now with scrolling text AND a save button on the config screens! :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  8. Offline

BigRenegade

Cool :) I'll test it with windows for the moment. Having fun getting Linux installed on a virtual machine hehe

9. Offline

dumptruckman

Sweet, I just found out that ubuntu has an option to install it within Windows! I'm currently downloading it myself. :D

10. Offline

BigRenegade

It's working good with Windows, no problem whatsoever. I've almost got Linux up and running so I'll be able to see if it works cross-platform. I'll also be installing a VM copy of Mac's Snow Leopard OS to test it against so we can see if there are any problems. Testing against 3 OS's and running the server for the kids might take me a day or so to get a solid test of each one, but with the kids playing I can run the server at night and test it.

11. Offline

dumptruckman

Cool! I really appreciate your efforts!

12. Offline

BigRenegade

Just had it up and running on Linux with NO problem! :) :D:cool:

13. Offline

ARasputin

There is one problem, my server is located at ~/.mcserver/craftbukkit.jar
    I can't access this when I hit browse, as it is a hidden file (ubuntu auto hides it I guess) and there is no option to show hidden files with the program.

14. Offline

BigRenegade

Were you able to enter the file location manually?

I know that dumptruckman is working diligently to get this ported over from the Windows version and this java-based GUI is still in it's infancy. Give him some time and I know he will have things working as good as, if not better, than his Windows version.

15. Offline

dumptruckman

@ledhead900 re: not able to tick checkbox. Really? What OS? The idea is that you check Custom Launch and then the box below becomes editable... But you're saying the Custom Launch checkbox is not clickable?

@ARasputin Hmm, I'll have to figure out how to allow showing of hidden files but I am initially thinking this isn't something I'll be able to change. Usually hiding/showing hidden files is something you change in the OS. The reason why that folder is hidden however is because it begins with a period. That causes folders to be hidden in linux. Entering the full path manually will probably work or you could rename that folder without the period.

16. Offline

ledhead900

Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
    and that is correct the check box will not allow me to click it and I cannot edit the custom launch section.
    Oddly enough it still loaded the mod via the Extra Arguements section.

17. Offline

BigRenegade

@dumptruckman

Regretfully I can't get a Mac OS going with my current mobo. To install under VMWare requires changing a BIOS setting which I don't have. :(

Also you can update the bukkit RB to 798, GUI works just fine with it in Windows. Will have to load it under Linux in a little bit and see how it acts.

EDIT: Loaded it up under Linux and it worked fine with RB 798.

18. Offline

BigRenegade

@dumptruckman

FYI. Works fine with bukkit RB 803 under both Windows and Linux. Benn running it since the release of 803 and no trouble.

19. Offline

dumptruckman

20. Offline

Specops343

Sweet! Was wondering if this would come for Linux! I haven't had a chance yet, but have you added mcsod comparability yet?

21. Offline

BigRenegade

Working good under Windows, will let you know about Linux in a few moments. Have to reboot into Linux first.

EDIT: Success! It's working under Linux, but there is one bug. For some reason it will give the Folder list in the Backup tab but the names of the folders aren't showing up. That might just be because of the default font settings under Linux. Other than that it works just fine. (and I'm writing this part from Linux haha :) )

RB 803

22. Offline

dumptruckman

Well, not specifically but you might try it with the custom command line... I doubt it still. I'll definitely be adding this feature though..

Edit: mostly working on trying to get certain features working, specifically backup scheduling.

23. Offline

Specops343

Good, just checking if it was still coming :p

24. Offline

BigRenegade

Ran the new version you sent under Windows found a couple of issues that will need fixed. Will explain further once I fully document it. Deals with the Backup Tab and the config file.

It's still coming, that's for sure. We're working through some kinks and little twists right now to get the initial version at least workable for running a server. Adding the little extras that are in the Windows version gradually :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  25. Offline

ledhead900

I'm moving to this version now over the windows gui was just waiting for full backups and backup's to work so here we goo. willing to test new versions just ask.

Edit:

The bug still exists for Windows 2008 RC2 x64 where the experimental custom program box's check box is not checkable.

Custom programs list grayed out and can't check the box to enable it!

2.0 build:(

Edit
    More issues

Xmx Memory value resets to 1024M even after save upon closing and re opening

Edit:

Same thing happens when manualling setting in the config itself.

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>java -version
    java version "1.7.0-ea"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-ea-b141)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0-b11, mixed mode)

26. Offline

BigRenegade

OK. The issue with the back up tab was something my silly butt did without realizing it.

The config file issue though deals with the xmx setting on the Server Config tab. If you change it from the default value (I changed mine to 3G) and save it saves it to the config file just fine at that point. BUt after you shut the GUI down and restart it later it resets the config file and the tab value to 1024M. I haven't been able to track just where this issue occurs but I believe it has to do with the default value of 1024M being preset. Will check a little further and see if I can find where it occurs.

Will be loading it up under Linux to test that display issue I had last night. Will log in here thru Linux browser

27. Offline

dumptruckman

@ledhead900 Just released .2.1... Fixed the issue with the Xmx memory not loading from the config properly. As for that check box not working, my best guess is that it's being caused by Java 7. My GUI was built in Java 6 as that is the release version of Java still. (v1.6_025) You might try editing the config file and setting Use Custom Launch to true manually. If that doesn't work there's not much I can do as it works just fine in Java 6.

28. Offline

BigRenegade

@dumptruckman

That display issue was just my display settings under Linux. the folder names in the backup tab show just fine now.
    Will download your newest release and check it now as I am running under Linux at the moment.

29. Offline

ledhead900

Alright thx will try fix and the manual method asap.
    tbh you prob should compile in both I know alot of server dont even use java 6 I dont see why you would when 7 is pretty stable and the peformance benefits out weigh its testing cons.

Edit:
    Backup path text field saves the value when you press the Backup button, just in case.

^ that was working but thx good to force check things anyway u never know lol.

oh and glad picked up the backup folder issue I did not know it was a issue I did notice it tho.

30. Offline

BigRenegade

The custom launch can be turned on but it has to be done through the config. The check box has a line through it and will not allow you to check the box. The xmx memory problem is still there. You can set it and save it, it saves to the config file. When you close the app the config file is fine. But the next time you launch the app the xmx memory has been reset to 1024M and the config file has been changed. This happens under both Linux and Windows.

EDIT: Logging out of Linux and back to Windows for the moment.

EDIT 2: Found another issue which might just very well be java related. I cannot change any of the check boxes under the server config tab (under Linux). Will check when I'm back in Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.