[ADMIN] RankPunch v2 - Fast Way To Rank People [798]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by iidunno, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Offline

iidunno

RankPunch - addon to permissions to rank people
    Version: v1.0

This plugin lets you rank people using permissions 2.7. You type /rp member, then punch the member you want to rank up.

Features:
    • Don't need to use names and it's faster.
    Download

Installing:
    Download the latest .jar file and place in the plugins folder and reload the server.
    After reloading the server edit your permissions file and add the node
    under the group you want to rank people.

Changelog:
    Version 2
    Updated and cleaned up the code
    Version 1
    Released my plugin

cj89898 likes this.
  2. Offline

Soxra

3. Offline

iidunno

ok sorry.

4. Offline

captainawesome7

This sounds funny. Does it work for de-ranking as well? I would like to bring the mighty fist of justice into a few peoples faces that also de-ranks them lol.

5. Offline

iidunno

yes but its better for ranking i found when you go up to a high level to promote and doesnt work on full pvp that great

6. Offline

Plague

please update to latest RB

7. Offline

iidunno

Yea sorry

8. Offline

Plague

OH, and the download needs to be a link for non-members

9. Offline

iidunno

I don't know how to do that if you showed my how i would be happy.

10. Offline

Plague

well either you have a webhosting or you need to use some uploader (like rapidshare)

11. Offline

iidunno

Oh I didn't know that rapidshare would work that good.

12. Offline

NEO

@iidunno

How often can i rank someone up, and is it possible to view someones rank?

13. Offline

iidunno

not possible to view ranks but you can use ichat to have ranks in chat.

14. Offline

captainawesome7

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    follow the instructions to host a file

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  15. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

quick question, how do people upload files on dldropbox or something where you click the link and it jsut downloads?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  16. Offline

captainawesome7

well that is a direct link. I use weebly, but you can use http://dropbox.com and follow their steps to use it. Then put the plugins in the Public folder and copy their public link. That link will be a direct download.

17. Offline

gilgatex

Can you be more descriptive? I want some kind of ranking on my server but I have no idea what this plugin actually does or how it works from your original post.

18. Offline

iidunno

In chat you type /rp member then punch the person you want to be member.

19. Offline

Haekon

I'll admit I quickly skimmed this, but is there a way to cap the level of rank a certain rank can give?

For instance:
    • A new player joins the server. By default, he's placed in a group that has no permissions (tourist) Any member can rankpunch him into the Members group, but not into Admin.
    • Say permissions is set up subdividing members into clans. A member or leader of a clan rankpunch a member in/out, but not into another group.
    It'd be pretty useful in making the server a little more self-serve. I'm trying to cut down on the number of admins necessary to keep things running tight.

I'd guess permissions would look like rankpunch.punch.<group> Or rankpunch.punch.<group>.<in/out>

Looks straightforward, though. Good idea.

20. Offline

iidunno

thanks I don't know how to do the ranks can only rank to their rank but if you could show me lol.

21. Offline

joe123652

dude thanks for what u did!
    Edit:lol just noticed that we joined bukkit on the same day.

22. Offline

iidunno

lol what joe?

23. Offline

Haekon

how about a permission called rankpunch.give.<permissions group name>, and then another called
    rankpunch.take.<permissions group name>

give bumps you into a target group, take bumps you down.

Untrusted ranks get no permissions, and don't get to rank anybody up.

Member ranks could bump untrusteds into member with rankpunch.give.member, but no higher, and couldn't take the rank withou the rankpunch.take.___ permission.

Admins would get rankpunch.give.* and rankpunch.take.<one for every group but admins> so they could give rank to anybody at any level, and take rank from anybody but other admins.

Also, if you make a group for a clan, you can give them control over their own membership, and not have to hassle admins for permission edits.

So, two sets of permissions that refer to groups in the permissions file. Everything else is handled by the admins and the permissions plugin. It'd also work for either Permissions or Essential's GroupManager+FakePermissions.

I hope that makes sense, because I've been drinkin'.

24. Offline

iidunno

Well I wish I knew how to do that but I don't so if anyone would be willing to show me then I would learn but other then that can't do much.

25. Offline

Spit

lets see... how can i punch my self?

26. Offline

joe123652

Nvm then...

27. Offline

joe123652

Iidunno we have some business to settle?

28. Offline

Zone

Author,

Please support the auto-updating plugin CraftBukkitUpToDate. To do so please provide a permanent direct link to the author of CraftBukkitUpToDate.

The below is information they provide
    My Plugin didn't supported, how i get it to work with CButD?
    Give me a permanent link to your Plugin, i will add it. That's all no changes at your SourceCode or something else, all I need is a permanent link to the newest version of your Plugin. A good place for this is http://www.dropbox.com/ or for OpenSource https://github.com/.​

I really enjoy using your plugin and would like to see it work well with the above listed 'updater' plugin.

29. Offline

insanj

I'd love it if you could add one thing: a way to demote someone (/rp promote and /rp demote).

30. Offline

iidunno

you just have to do /rp lowerrank and replace lower rank with something else