Inactive [ADMIN/SEC/TP] GoinRound v1.1 - Do the rounds and scan players on your server [1.1-R7]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by md_5, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Offline

md_5

GoinRound
    DevBukkit
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/goinround/

A simple plugin I created after reliasing how hard it is to keep track of suspicous players, especially those with usernames that look like they just punched the keyboard.

This plugin will allow you to do the rounds by typing /gr <scan interval in seconds> you will then be teleported in succession to each player, wait for the time specified and then tp to the next player.
    If a player leaves mid scan you will still be teleported to their location, but you will be notified of their absence (maybe they caught wind of you)
    Full permissions support means you can give your trusted players and ops the goinground.ignore permission to exclude them from the scan and give your ops the goinground.scan permission to allow them to perform fully automated tp's. Both permissions deafult to all ops.
    I recommend use in conjunction with a vanish pluign, and once VanishNoPacket is updated auto vanish will be supported. If you find a griefer simply take their name down to ban them or use /gr stop to end the scan further monitor them.

Features:
    • Monitor your server for griefers by automatically tp'ing to them.
    • Full support for players that leave during a scan
    • PermissionsBukkit support means that you can ignore your trusted players
    • Scan at any interval you like
    • Uses a lightweight thread to control the teleportation routine
    Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    • Fix all bugs and refactor tp
    Version 1.0
    • Initial Release
    TODO:
    • Auto Vanish
    • Forward, backward and resume scan.
    • Spout gui (if asked for)
    Source Code

https://github.com/md-5/GoinRound/

2. Offline

phaed

Love the plugin, couple things missing:

- Permissions on the op
    - Looking though code, noticed that you don't have any restriction on who can use the command.
    - What format is is the time in? Server ticks, seconds, minutes?

3. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I must say, excellent idea.

4. Offline

md_5

That is where your wrong my friend! Checkout plugin.yml:
    gr:
    description: Start a series of tp's through all players for x seconds each
    aliases: scan
    permission: goinround.scan

Take away that permission and bukkit gives a pretty epic message.
    All permissions deafult to op and stop time is in the logical format, seconds.

Thanks for the positive feedback.
    Looks like you have overlooked the fantastic SuperPerms!
    md_5

5. Offline

phaed

O nice, I hadn't noticed that, or tested it lol. Good plugin.

6. Offline

md_5

You're that guy on github arent you?

Deleted user likes this.
  7. Offline

phaed

No.

afistofirony and garrett2smart87 like this.
  8. Offline

effortless

Fantastic Plugin, highly recommended on a large scale server when you can't keep up with everybody. Using VanishNoPickup, and sometimes we can be seen on teleport, but players are aware we watch them anyway. Will be transitioning to NoPacket when its updated, looking forward to the autovanish!

9. Offline

md_5

TeamAvo dicovered that bug. Thats why I recommend nopacket. Spout should be updated any day. Dev builds are out.

Deleted user likes this.
  10. Offline

wassilij

Wow .. this is .. brilliant!

11. Offline

md_5

Thank you, many more downloads than I expected to get based on the difficulty. Keep downloading and more updates will be coming!

wassilij likes this.
  12. Offline

AcidicTaco

excellent plugin, it should make moderating new players much easier

13. Offline

RobZ_SD

Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...Spout GUI...
    Is that enough requests?

14. Offline

md_5

Yes it i, and it will now be done. As you might see in my signiture I am working on soemthing else, but when that is done, this is next.

15. Offline

RobZ_SD

YAY, btw im getting this error where its says I finished my rounds even though I didnt teleport...

16. Offline

md_5

Im going away now, but I will certainly take a look. Please try and descripe when you get the error. Are you the only one online:p

17. Offline

md_5

Going to probably do a cleanup this weekend, as well as add /gr return in order to quit a scan.
    Then going to look into Spout gui and vanishnopacket intergration.

18. Offline

Themuddfamily

Yeah I got the same error I would love it if you could fix it basically you say /gr 10 and then it says teleporting to every user for 10 secounds and then doesnt tp you also sending a message saying you have finished your round

19. Offline

Albuca

Does this work on 1337?

20. Offline

md_5

Yes.

21. Offline

md_5

Actually gonna work on it this weekend to support Spout, clean it up, add Vanish integration and submit it on the Spout forums.

22. Offline

md_5

Update!
    Fixed in 1.1
    Much better code as well :)

23. Offline

Sayshal

Because of the way notch did blah blah blah and what not, when you teleport to a player vanished or not, they see you for a split second, I suggest an offest of teleporting? so
    someGriefers' coordinates are 111,44,111
    you, as an admin when you do your rounds tp to 115,44,115
    So there is a better chance he doesn't even notice you.

24. Offline

md_5

Look at VanishNoPacket @mbaxter will tell you that nopickup is flawed, which it is. You will have to wait for spout, but I endorse vanishnp and so should you.
    You won't be seen if you use it.

25. Offline

Sayshal

I use it. I am seen for a split second regardless, and also when you tp to someone they move a bit which can make you noticeable. I remember a plugin called Tele++ or something that did a similar 'offset' teleport method.

26. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

If you're seen for a split second with VanishNoPacket then there is something seriously wrong with spout's packet listener.

I_am_not_funny likes this.
  27. Offline

md_5

Hmmm:
    TODO: Test VanishNoPacket AGAIN to make sure there is no bug before pointing at @Afforess

28. Offline

Sayshal

I'll test it when spout + vanishnp is updated :)

29. Offline

BooGaLoo90

Feature Request:

/pause = pauses interval
    /goback = goes back to previous person
    /next = goes to next person.

this way, you can pause and watch longer if someone is more suspicious, or go back if you happen to see something right before it changes you or go to the next person if you have your pause toggled to on.

30. Offline

md_5

With the new scan algorithm I can do that. Feature request taken note of.