[INACTIVE][ADMN]BlockCantKeepUpSpam v0.1 - Blocks "Cant keep up!" from spamming your console. [760]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by hmpf, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Offline

hmpf

Important:
    Moved to ConsoleFilter: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/consolefilter/

BlockCantKeepUpSpam - Blocks "Cant keep up!" from spamming your console.:

Version: v0.1

All it does is preventing the CantKeepUp-message from appearing in your console and your log!
    Since running my minecraft server (Vanilla -> hMod -> CraftBukkit) my server console got spammed with "Cant keep up! [...]) messages, despite the fact that its a dedicated machine with lots of CPU power and RAM and the server never getting a negative impact by this warning.

Recently I had enough of this (and the blown up log files) and build this very small plugin.

Please note:
    If your looking for a plugin to block even more from the console have a look at BlockConsoleMessages.

I tested it with CraftBukkit 677 but as it is only scanning the console output it should run with any version I guess.

Maybe its useful to someone else.

P.S.
    I searched for plugins providing this functionality but haven't found any.
    So, if another plugin that does this already exists, please let me know and Ill delete this thread.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1615073/Minecraft/Bukkit/BlockCantKeepUpSpam.jar

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • First release

2. Offline

Nijikokun

worldguard does this I think, but keep this for those who don't use that :p

3. Offline

hmpf

Thanks for the info.
    I dont use that, cause its a private server and we trust each other. :)

4. Offline

ExplosiveBacoN

Wow, this is great, its nice not to see that anymore.

5. Offline

OrtwinS

Nope, I got WorldGuard and still get 'Cant keep up' messages.

Genius plugin hmpf!

6. Offline

captainbinary

Indeed with world guard i would still get these messages, maybe there a config option to stop it somewhere?

7. Offline

Kainzo

I was excited at first but then I realized it just blocked it not fixed :( curse you magical fix!

8. Offline

hmpf

Well, thats what i wrote in my first sentence. :)
    I dont know of a way to fix it, as its a message from the minecraft server, not from craftbukkit.

9. Offline

CorneliousJD

This is nice, how did you achieve this?

I run a server thats 24/7 and has an uptime counter at http://www.techjawa.com/minecraft/

However, everytime somebody loads that page, I get the IP address of my web server in the console saying it lost connection, anyway I can block that too?! I'd love it!

10. Offline

hmpf

Its just an added filter to the logger, which handles console output.
    If the string thats sent to the logger equals "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" then the filter will prevent it from showing in the console.

So I guess its possible to block your lost connection messages to.
    Do you have an example of the console message?

If I find the time Ill try to work on a config file where one can insert strings (with wildcards if that´s possible) to filter out of the console output.
    But I cant provide any kind of release date as my time this week is limited. :(

11. Offline

CorneliousJD

Yeah it's...

The ##### is a randomly assigned port number. I run the script thru cron on my web server, so I'd LOVE it if there was a way we could do something like "If statement is LIKE /74.53.87.242: then drop the line.

I'd be ecstatic if you could whip something like that up for me, or your other idea have a config file to block some things from console output would be even better.[/QUOTE]

12. Offline

vlado2portos

Ah nice... damn annoying message is finally gone ! thanks 100x

13. Offline

Mhalkyer

OMG, I asked for this plugin for soooooooooo long, thanks!!!

14. Offline

mxms

I never got this message till I updated 617 now it's annoying the piss out of me. Thanks.

15. Offline

hmpf

Hey CorneliusJD,

I had a bit of time and created a new plugin, that should suit your needs:
    BlockConsoleMessages

First, read that thread (especially the part about the installation and how-to-use).

Then try to add this line to the config file (without the quotes of course):
    "- REGEX::[1-9]{1,3}\.[1-9]{1,3}\.[1-9]{1,3}\.[1-9]{1,3}:[1-9]{4,5} lost connection"

Does this block the messages?

16. Offline

CorneliousJD

It blocks it, but I'm getting a massive amount of console output when it loads the plugin, java exceptions and the like.

17. Offline

hmpf

Please continue this in the other thread as its a different plugin. Ill answer there.

18. Offline

Plague

Don't use a plus sign in the version tag. If you really need to use more versions, use [X-Y] or [X,Y].
    Not to mention +-

19. Offline

Mhalkyer

Works great with CB#733, thanks!

20. Offline

andrewkm

Tested on 740! Thank you.
    Is this still supported btw?

21. Offline

darkwarriors

in my cb 740 didnt work.. continues spam cant keep up...

22. Offline

Yahiko911

Ohh my god!! u are awesome, you saved my log file's size :D thanks mate :)

23. Offline

GGreenBass

The second I'm able to access my server I'd downloading this. Thank you SO MUCH.

24. Offline

andrewkm

Love this plugin :) Epic

25. Offline

Plague

considered inactive (cb version)

26. Offline

THEK

Yeah this isn't working with CB RB 766

27. Offline

andrewkm

798 working fine for me.

28. Offline

Puremin0rez

Was working with 798 but 803 seems to have broken it?

29. Offline

Vittek

Seems like it. Now the console is getting spammed with [Info]False

30. Offline

heroanth2345

working great with 815...