Inactive [ADMN/CHAT/MISC] Broadcaster v2.1.4 - Broadcast all of your messages! [2060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WNxRev, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Offline

WNxRev

Broadcaster - Broadcasting all of your messages!​
    Version: 2.1.4​
    Broadcaster allows you to broadcast an infinite amount of messages to specific users on your server. Broadcaster is lightweight, easy to configure, and powerful, all in one quick and easy to use package. Simply download it, drag and drop to your plugins folder, and restart. A configuration file will be generated and you can edit it as your server runs. When you're done editing your configuration file, simply type "broadcaster reload" on the console and your configuration file will be loaded without disturbing your users. Feel free to make any suggestions you would like in the plugin in one of the replies below. :)
    Features:
    • Allows you to broadcast as many messages as you want to select users on your server
    • You're allowed an infinite number of messages to send to your users. The only thing you have to do is configure more messages in the configuration file and update the number of messages to reflect the new number
    • Manually broadcast a message by typing "/broadcaster broadcast [message number]" when you're in-game or through the console
    • Very lightweight, easy-to-use, and comprehensive setup allowing you to tweak the plugin to your server's needs
    • Permission support either using OP or SuperPerms (configurable in the plugin setup)
    • Coloring is available using hex codes in the configuration file (example: &4Message here)
    • Allows you to give select users a permission node so they no longer see the message. This is useful for creating a message in which only newly-registered users can see so that they can register on your forums or do some required action like reading the rules
    • All commands that work in-game for managing the plugin also work through the console for your convenience
    Planned Features:
    • None at the moment, feel free to make a suggestion
    Commands:
    • /broadcaster reload - Reloads the plugin. Executable either through the console or in-game and allows you to reload the configuration file without having to restart the server and annoy your users
    • /broadcaster preview [message number] - Allows you to preview a message before sending it to all of your users. Usage would work as follows: "/broadcaster preview 1" and this would allow you to preview Message1 in the configuration file
    • /broadcaster broadcast [message number] -Allows you to send a broadcast to everyone that doesn't have the specific broadcaster.exemptfrommessage permission node associated with that message. For example, "/broadcaster broadcast 2" would broadcast a message to all users without the permission node "broadcaster.exemptfrommessage2"
    Permission nodes:
    • "broadcaster.use" - Allows a player access to the broadcast and preview commands ("/broadcaster broadcast" and "/broadcaster preview")
    • "broadcaster.reload" - Allows a player access to the reload command ("/broadcaster reload")
    • "broadcaster.exemptfrommessage[message number] - Prevents a player from seeing a specific message. For example, "broadcaster.exemptfrommessage4" prevents all players with that permission node from seeing Message4.
    Configuration file

Configuration file setup on Github

Changelog:

Version: 2.1.4
    • Should be the last of the configuration file issues...
    • Prepping for in-game commands to customize messages
    Version: 2.1.3
    • Added further stability in the configuration file, ensuring that options aren't overwritten
    • Added plugin metrics for me to keep track of usage; you're able to opt-out if you don't want to help me out
    • Updating to support CB #2060 (beta build)
    Older Versions (open)
    Version: 2.1.2
    • Fixed a permission bug involving "broadcaster.use" where permissions were improperly assigned
    Version: 2.1.1
    • Fixing a minor bug with the configuration file always overwriting what the user puts in
    Version: 2.1
    • Added increased customizability for Op permission type users
    • Reorganized some of the code
    • Added a offset so that messages aren't all broadcasting at the same time
    Version: 2.0
    • Initial release of Broadcaster
    Version: 1.4.1
    • Updated to support CraftBukkit Beta Build 1.2.3-R0.1 (#2034)
    • Removed support for Nijikokun's Permissions plugin (it's broken and he's not updating)
    Version: 1.4
    • Allows execution of commands through the console as well as in-game
    Version: 1.3.3
    • Fixed bug with commands not registering, thanks to @HunterTTP for pointing out another bug
    Version: 1.3.2
    • Fixed bug while loading the config file, thanks to @HunterTTP for pointing it out
    Version: 1.3.1
    • Readded Permissions and OP integration
    • New option available in the configuration file, please regenerate it if you're updating
    Version: 1.3
    • Added support for the built-in Bukkit permissions
    • Removed support for the third-party Permissions plugin
    Version: 1.2.2
    • Prevented message from broadcasting when no one is online; thanks @Zathras
    Version: 1.2.1
    • Renamed 'broadcastdonator.seemessage' to 'broadcastdonator.exemptfrommessage'
    • Fixed minor OP support bug
    Version: 1.2.0
    • Restructured Permission management
    • Restructured command management
    • Added OP support
    Version: 1.1.0
    • Added ability to hide the broadcast for certain users
    Version: 1.0.1
    • Added /bd preview
    Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release

cheracc, Joshuame13 and Zathras like this.
  2. Offline

nubpro

I would love to see a preview of it after typing /bd

3. Offline

WNxRev

@nubpro
    Great idea, I added it, except I used /bd preview instead of just /bd (even though /bd was free to use).

Updated to 1.1.0
    Added ability to hide the broadcast from certain users using permissions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

yuckfoooo

Thanks! I can now free up some of the MOTD space with more useful information :D

5. Offline

vasdog

Hey guys,

could someone please tell me how to change the colour?

6. Offline

WNxRev

You're very welcome. If you have any requests, I'm more than willing to implement them.

Minecraft Color Codes

If you wanted to type a message in red, you'd type the following:
    Code:
    &4This is my message in red.
    The result would be "This is my message in red."

7. Offline

raragodzilla

um everything works exept the broadcast with permissions do admins see it by default? i made the message say:
    MessageToBroadcast= [Raragodzilla] Hay Please Respect Raragodzilla,janosano,squishy_king,and daddysgirl14 they are our op's and admins so please respect 'em!

is that too long or something? or can admins just not see it because my server is not public yet becasue i am still building the city and adding reqired plugins for big servers

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

WNxRev

It doesn't matter if you're an admin or not. If you have the permission node 'broadcastdonator.seemessage', you won't see the message at all. If you don't have that node, you'll see the message. Unfortunately, I don't have OP support for that (if you don't have permissions), and I'll add it as soon as I can.

9. Offline

raragodzilla

well i have permissions installed but for some reason i cannot see it and neither can my freind

10. Offline

WNxRev

If you have the permission node '*', you won't be able to see it either.

11. Offline

Redyugi

Great selling feature for wanting a Donator group. ;)

12. Offline

WNxRev

I thought so. :)
    If you have any suggestions, shoot them my way.

Updated to version 1.2.0

Version: 1.2.0
    • Restructured Permission management
    • Restructured command management
    • Added OP support

13. Offline

Tim619

Rating:
    Plugins 5/5
    Useful 5/5
    Earning Profits? 5/5
    Yay this is a good,useful and useful at earning profits plugins =D

14. Offline

WNxRev

Version 1.2.0 is compatible with CraftBukkit build: #1000
    No need to update.

15. Offline

Zathras

Suggestion: If no users are currently logged in, don't send a message. This keeps the log from growing unnecessarily.

16. Offline

hiivin

Nice Plugin ;)
    Suggestion: More than one Message and Permission nodes for every message :). Then the Pligin would be perfect ;)

17. Offline

Zathras

Suggestion: Support a permission that can be added to users/groups that allow them to not receive "donate" messages. This way, when someone has donated, the admin can give them this permission and they don't have to see the donate reminders. In other words, they have already donated and now are exempt from the messages.

e.g. broadcastdonator.msg.exempt

Also, this permission can be given to admins and other users who donate so much time to the server that they can be exempted.

Maybe seemessage is the permission i need to use...? The problem with this is that '*' gets this and never sees the message. This permission seems to be named backwards. If you have it, then you don't see it. You should implement both. seemessage should show it. exempt or hidemessage should not. If neither, then show it.

18. Offline

WNxRev

The node is 'broadcastdonator.seemessage'
    The naming is off, I'll fix that in the next release. Thank you for your suggestion. I figured if you have the '*' permission node, you won't want to see the message that's being broadcasted. You can preview the message with '/bd preview' to make sure it's broadcasting what you want.

@Zathras
    EDIT:
    Version: 1.2.1
    • Renamed 'broadcastdonator.seemessage' to 'broadcastdonator.exemptfrommessage'
    • Fixed minor OP support bug

19. Offline

WNxRev

Version: 1.2.2
    • Prevented message from broadcasting when no one is online

20. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Maybe add support to have it auto display the broadcast whenever a pay-pal account is donated to, Dont know if it possible, just throwin out ideas

21. Offline

WNxRev

Unfortunately, I'm not a very good developer when it comes to working with the web and stuff like that. If a fellow developer would like to help out and make this possible, that'd be great. But there's no easy way to do this. You have no true way on how to identify your MC username with the donation that went into PayPal.

22. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Ya, I saw that problem coming too, I was just throwing out an idea to get people to start thinking.

23. Offline

WNxRev

I wish something like this was possible. This would make for a great plugin. Something like this would be better handled by a separate plugin; one that is set up for syncing PayPal and Permissions. Perhaps you could have separate groups and when someone syncs, you move them into a separate group that has the permission node that removes them from the message. I'm not entirely sure how you'd sync it though. Not even sure it's possible.

24. Offline

Fallen_Advent

I know there is a plugin that allows for verification through forums, I was thinking that by taking a similar approach to this plugin, you may be able to achieve a similar result, except with donating

25. Offline

WNxRev

Correct, I'm quite familiar with it; Bulletin Board Bridge. But I'm not sure if that's even possible because you don't have access to the PayPal database.

26. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Hmmm, Good point, maybe there could be a way to look for a event where the player accepts something on the forums, that would redirect that person to Pay Pal, Maybe have a small application for the donation that would allow you to not only get the players Minecraft username for the announcement, but once the application is submitted they are sent to the Pay Pal site to donate. Yes giving they could spam the app page to get the announcement to work, but im pretty sure someone could code in a permission node or something to silence the spamming user

27. Offline

WNxRev

Version: 1.3
    • Added support for the built-in Bukkit permissions
    • Removed support for the third-party Permissions plugin

28. Offline

Zathras

So my permissions nodes can stay as they are and it should just work?

29. Offline

WNxRev

Unless you're using the integrated Bukkit permissions that were implemented in build 1000, I recommend staying on version 1.2.2. In the near future, I'll make an option available in the config file for the third-party Permissions plugin.

Version: 1.3.1
    • Readded Permissions and OP integration
    • New option available in the configuration file, please regenerate it if you're updating
    @Zathras
    If you're using the third-party Permissions plugin and not the built-in one, update the plugin (regenerate the config file) and simply change the message you're broadcasting and the delay. The default is the third-party permissions. If, however, you want to switch to the built-in Bukkit permissions, change Permission-Manager to SuperPerms. Hope this explained everything.

30. Offline

Zathras

Yeah, going forward it's a good idea to make your changes more friendly... so someone who upgrades doesn't start getting failures or whatever. You should implement the config option first, and set it to be compatible with existing behavior... maybe check for Permissions plugin(s)... and let the server admin "flip the switch" to the new style when he's ready.

I'm glad I asked before I installed. I'm not ready to switch everything over to Bukkit permissions yet, so I'd like to have the option to switch when I'm ready, and not be forced to sit on an old version.