[INACTIVE][ADMN] DefaultPermissions v0.3.4 - OBSOLETE AS OF CB1060 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

DefaultPermissions - Make default commands compatible with Permissions
    Version: v0.3.4

NOTE: As of recommended build 1060, this functionality is present within CraftBukkit (ie without this plugin) provided you are not using GroupManager or Permissions. See here for details.

Have you ever wanted to give a trusted user or group access to vanilla Minecraft commands, such as /kick or /whitelist? Have you ever wanted to restrict access to the CraftBukkit commands, such as /plugins? This plugin lets you do that with permissions.

Use: Just add the relevant permissions to whichever user or group you want to give them to in your permissions config, and voila! That user will be able to use them.

NOTE: Most Minecraft commands are restricted to ops for a very good reason, since they can allow a user to effectively seize control of the server until someone with console access shows up. Do not give these permissions lightly. If you give your Default group access to ban and kick, and some griefer shows up and destroys your server, don't come complaining here.

Permissions:
    • minecraft.<command> - Gives permissions for a single Minecraft command. Supported commands are: help, kick, ban, pardon, ban-ip, pardon-ip, op, deop, tp, give, tell, stop, save-all, save-off, save-on, list, say, time, whitelist, me. Note that some commands may be overridden by other plugins; if this is the case, the relevant permission will have no effect.
    • minecraft.time.set, minecraft.time.add - Finer-tuned control to the vanilla /time command; controls access to /time set and /time add respectively.
    • minecraft.whitelist.<command> - Finer-tuned control to the /whitelist command. Supported commands are: on, off, add, remove, list, reload
    • bukkit.version, bukkit.plugins, bukkit.reload - Controls access to the respective Bukkit commands.

Download (alt link; may not be up-to-date)

Changelog:

Version 0.3.4
    • Fixed a bug with superperms compatibility.

Version 0.3.3
    • Supports aliases for CraftBukkit commands.
    • Supports Bukkit superperms.

Version 0.3.2
    • Fixed the issue with DefPerms$PlayerOverride being shown in place of a player's name when using /tell.

Version 0.3.1
    • Commands are now intercepted regardless of case.

Version 0.3
    • A config file is now used to decide whether to even attempt intercepting the commands. Commands not listed in the config file will never be intercepted by the plugin. Note that it still only works for built-in commands.

Version 0.2
    • Command feedback now appears to the user instead of in the console.
    • Replaced craftbukkit.* with bukkit.*
    • Don't check for subcommands if permission for the main command was found.
    • If the player is an op, allow the command to complete normally.

Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Taranis01 and Niles like this.
  2. Offline

MeatBat

Hi! How can i make it work? I wanna give an op to player then remove minecraft.op permission so he can't op anyone else. But it doesn't work :(

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'lwc.protect'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'essentials.list'
                - 'essentials.spawn'
                - 'onlinelist.online'
                - 'bb.admin.info'
                - 'craftbook.mech.elevator.use'
                - 'craftbook.mech.bridge.use'
                - 'craftbook.mech.cauldron'

users:
        player:
        groups:
        permissions:
        - -minecraft.op
    bukkit 818, permissions 3.1.2

3. Offline

MartN

permissions:
    - 'minecraft.op'

thats correct

4. Offline

imjake9

I have programmed a fix for that functionality. I issued a pull request on GitHub a while ago, but CM doesn't seem to check GitHub too often, so I'm posting here now. You can find my version here.

5. Offline

Puremin0rez

Thank you :)

6. Offline

MeatBat

It gives permission to /op command. I want revoke it.

7. Offline

miceiken

Any chance you could make it work with ScrapBukkit?

8. Offline

Denney

Hey. I'm having an issue with the /tell and /me commands. /tell works, /me doesn't.

/tell comes up with this in chat: DefPerms$PlayerOverride whispers Hi!
    and /me comes up with: Unknown console command. Type "help" for help.

Tried on a vanilla CraftBukkit #818 server.

9. Offline

Chromana

Hi, it seems like /kill doesn't work with permissions 3, either with giving it to players or taking it away from Admins. Anyone else confirm?
    CB 818, DP 0.3

10. Offline

Weltall 7

small remark: you plugin is case sensitive, e.g. having the permission minecraft.reload allows you to use the command /reload, but not RELOAD. I recently noticed it because I had caps lock on and I wasn't able to use any minecraft command.

11. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@MeatBat – Use '-minecraft.op' instead of 'minecraft.op'; that should revoke the permission. I can't promise that it'll work, but I think it should.

@Weltall 7 – That was fixed by imjake; I'll upload his version soon.

12. Offline

GameFreakDude

Download doesn't seem to be working >:?
    Edit: and now it's working. Huh.

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

My website is temporarily down. It should be up again in a day or so.

14. Offline

TheMaa

Link is broken.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I know. See the post just above yours.

16. Offline

imjake9

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Sure, thanks.

18. Offline

Stroved

So I've installed this and I'm trying to give some of the commands to my mods. But the first set didn't work (- minecraft.tp etc) so I tried - minecraft.* and most commands don't work, but /op does.

Heres my permissions file:
    As you can see, the mod has complete control over the Minecraft permission, but yet /time, /give /tp don't work. (These are the only ones we've tried). Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

19. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I think you also have to put the commands in a config file or something. Ask @imjake9 how he did it, because I don't remember.

20. Offline

Stroved

@imjake9 How did you get permissions to work? :p It doesn't work for me :(

21. Offline

imjake9

I have no idea what @Celtic Minstrel is talking about. The config file is only there if you want to enable/disable permissions on certain commands. What you have should work. All I can say is make sure your Permissions file is reloaded. Sorry, I don't know the answer. :(

22. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Oh right, you made it default to enabling all commands if no config is present, didn't you. Sorry. Does it work if you give the individual permissions rather than .*? Also, if you have another plugin that defines one of these commands, the permission won't work; you'll need to check the other plugin for the correct permissions node(s) to use.

23. Offline

Stroved

I've already tried giving the individual permission, and that doesn't work either. There shouldn't be any plugins that conflict... as I have plugins that do very different things to this one. I did remove my old "give" command plugin, as I thought that would conflict. I will do more testing soon.

24. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

The give command plugin would conflict... however, chances are that the give command plugin does a better job, so removing it may not be the best idea. :p

25. Offline

MartN

any update here because of the /tell (DefPerms$PlayerOverride whispers TEXT) function/error? :(

26. Offline

sagethor

@Celtic Minstrel
    This seems like it should work with the new build - however, I'm not sure how it would interact with aliases.

27. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I don't think it would interact badly with aliases. It catches the commands at the preprocess stage, before Bukkit determines what plugin has registered the command.

28. Offline

Nick22

Hi. I am running CB 928, defaultpermissions 0.3.1 and permissions 3.1.5b. When a player joins it says this and permissions disables itself. Please help!
    Code:
    19:41:28 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.Permission
    Handler.inGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.NijiPermissionsResolver.in
    Group(NijiPermissionsResolver.java:77)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager
    .inGroup(PermissionsResolverManager.java:106)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlugin.inGroup(
    WorldGuardPlugin.java:219)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlayerListener.
    onPlayerJoin(WorldGuardPlayerListener.java:438)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(Jav
    aPluginLoader.java:244)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:58)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:310)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(Ser
    verConfigurationManager.java:126)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandle
    r.java:97)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandle
    r.java:33)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :91)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:451)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:361)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.Permission
    Handler.inGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.NijiPermissionsResolver.in
    Group(NijiPermissionsResolver.java:77)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager
    .inGroup(PermissionsResolverManager.java:106)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlugin.inGroup(
    WorldGuardPlugin.java:219)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlayerListener.
    onPlayerJoin(WorldGuardPlayerListener.java:442)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(Jav
    aPluginLoader.java:244)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:58)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:310)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(Ser
    verConfigurationManager.java:126)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandle
    r.java:97)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandle
    r.java:33)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :91)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:451)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:361)
    19:41:28 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    >

29. Offline

Rage

Code:
    •minecraft.<command> - Gives permissions for a single Minecraft command. Supported commands are: help, kick, ban, pardon, ban-ip, pardon-ip, op, deop, tp, give, tell, stop, save-all, save-off, save-on, list, say, time, whitelist, me. Note that some commands may be overridden by other plugins; if this is the case, the relevant permission will have no effect.
    I manually added all of those into my permission groups and none are loading when i try /kick /ban /dcban etc....
    here are my group config:
    Code:
    groups:
        Builder:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&b'
                suffix: '&f'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - ''
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '&b'
            permissions:
                - 'herospawn.set'
                - 'herospawn.tp'
                - 'simplegive.give.id'
                - 'simplegive.item.id'
                - 'multiverse.world.create'
                - 'multiverse.tp'
                - 'multiverse.world.spawn'
                - 'multiverse.world.respawn'
                - 'multiverse.list'
                - 'minecraft.help'
                - 'minecraft.kick'
                - 'minecraft.ban'
                - 'minecraft.pardon'
                - 'minecraft.ban-ip'
                - 'minecraft.tp'
                - 'minecraft.give'
                - 'minecraft.tell'
                - 'minecraft.save-all'
                - 'minecraft.save-off'
                - 'minecraft.save-on'
                - 'minecraft.list'
                - 'minecraft.say'
                - 'minecraft.time'
                - 'minecraft.whitelist'
                - 'minecraft.me'
                - 'minecraft.time.set'
                - 'minecraft.time.add'
                - '*'
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
            permissions:
                - 'herospawn.set'
                - 'herospawn.tp'
                - 'simplegive.give.id'
                - 'simplegive.item.id'
                - 'multiverse.world.create'
                - 'multiverse.tp'
                - 'multiverse.world.spawn'
                - 'multiverse.world.respawn'
                - 'multiverse.list'
                - 'multiverse.portal.create'
                - 'multiverse.portal.select'
                - 'multiverse.portal.destination'
                - 'multiverse.portal.remove'
                - 'multiverse.portal.list'
                - 'minecraft.help'
                - 'minecraft.kick'
                - 'minecraft.ban'
                - 'minecraft.pardon'
                - 'minecraft.ban-ip'
                - 'minecraft.pardon-ip'
                - 'minecraft.op'
                - 'minecraft.deop'
                - 'minecraft.tp'
                - 'minecraft.give'
                - 'minecraft.tell'
                - 'minecraft.stop'
                - 'minecraft.save-all'
                - 'minecraft.save-off'
                - 'minecraft.save-on'
                - 'minecraft.list'
                - 'minecraft.say'
                - 'minecraft.time'
                - 'minecraft.whitelist'
                - 'minecraft.me'
                - 'minecraft.time.set'
                - 'minecraft.time.add'
                - 'minecraft.whitelist.*'
                - 'bukkit.version'
                - 'bukkit.plugins'
                - 'bukkit.reload'
                - '*'

Any help would be much apprechated.

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

This error occurs in WorldGuard. I don't believe my plugin has anything to do with it.

31. Offline

wiLLSY

Hi, i am running bukkit 953 and i was wondering why the minecraft.time.set node is not allowing people, other than OP's, to change the time whereas the minecraft.list node is working perfectly fine.
    This is my group config

Code:
     Member:
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'minecraft.time.set'
                - 'minecraft.list'
                - 'ChestShop.shop.create'
                - 'ChestShop.shop.buy'
                - 'ChestShop.shop.sell'
                - 'iConomy.list'
                - 'iConomy.payment'

Any help to why this happening would be highly appreciated. I am running Permissions 3.1.6