[INACTIVE][ADMN] DefaultPermissions v0.3.4 - OBSOLETE AS OF CB1060 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

DefaultPermissions - Make default commands compatible with Permissions
    Version: v0.3.4

NOTE: As of recommended build 1060, this functionality is present within CraftBukkit (ie without this plugin) provided you are not using GroupManager or Permissions. See here for details.

Have you ever wanted to give a trusted user or group access to vanilla Minecraft commands, such as /kick or /whitelist? Have you ever wanted to restrict access to the CraftBukkit commands, such as /plugins? This plugin lets you do that with permissions.

Use: Just add the relevant permissions to whichever user or group you want to give them to in your permissions config, and voila! That user will be able to use them.

NOTE: Most Minecraft commands are restricted to ops for a very good reason, since they can allow a user to effectively seize control of the server until someone with console access shows up. Do not give these permissions lightly. If you give your Default group access to ban and kick, and some griefer shows up and destroys your server, don't come complaining here.

Permissions:
    • minecraft.<command> - Gives permissions for a single Minecraft command. Supported commands are: help, kick, ban, pardon, ban-ip, pardon-ip, op, deop, tp, give, tell, stop, save-all, save-off, save-on, list, say, time, whitelist, me. Note that some commands may be overridden by other plugins; if this is the case, the relevant permission will have no effect.
    • minecraft.time.set, minecraft.time.add - Finer-tuned control to the vanilla /time command; controls access to /time set and /time add respectively.
    • minecraft.whitelist.<command> - Finer-tuned control to the /whitelist command. Supported commands are: on, off, add, remove, list, reload
    • bukkit.version, bukkit.plugins, bukkit.reload - Controls access to the respective Bukkit commands.

Download (alt link; may not be up-to-date)

Changelog:

Version 0.3.4
    • Fixed a bug with superperms compatibility.

Version 0.3.3
    • Supports aliases for CraftBukkit commands.
    • Supports Bukkit superperms.

Version 0.3.2
    • Fixed the issue with DefPerms$PlayerOverride being shown in place of a player's name when using /tell.

Version 0.3.1
    • Commands are now intercepted regardless of case.

Version 0.3
    • A config file is now used to decide whether to even attempt intercepting the commands. Commands not listed in the config file will never be intercepted by the plugin. Note that it still only works for built-in commands.

Version 0.2
    • Command feedback now appears to the user instead of in the console.
    • Replaced craftbukkit.* with bukkit.*
    • Don't check for subcommands if permission for the main command was found.
    • If the player is an op, allow the command to complete normally.

Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Taranis01 and Niles like this.
  2. Offline

shadrxninga

3. Offline

CruzBishop

Thanks a bunch

4. Offline

Plague

Please test with newest RB to be moved to releases, do not use 602+ or anything like that.

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I'll do that when I get around to looking at the glitches (such as double output).

6. Offline

shadrxninga

One problem - any command you use that is not used for another plugin will say You Don't Have Permission to do That. For example using /uigiurgu will bring up that message or using /warpp.

Using 612 - could be the problem.

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I don't think it'd be a problem (it'll happen only for undefined commands as any defined commands automatically bypass the system), but it's still a bug, so I'll fix it.

8. Offline

Plague

Oh and yes, I did remove the plus sign

9. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Well, that was the main goal! ;)

Since it works by re-dispatching the command as if it came from the console, I'm not sure that there's anything I can do about that. I'll see if I can think of any ideas though.

(The problem here is that Minecraft will ignore the default commands if they come from a non-op, so in order to have it take effect I need to dispatch it from somewhere that does have permission.)

Hm... I actually thought of an idea, but I'm not sure it's possible... maybe I can grant the user op status just for the duration of the command. Might be dangerous though...

Huh, I didn't think of this, but it makes sense when I consider how I did it. Again, I shall think of something.

:confused: I have no idea why this could be... those messages are issued by the server itself, so they shouldn't have any bugs in them... :/

Oh, it hasn't, no worries! :) Also, now you don't have to since it has its own thread!

10. Offline

Skirmisher

11. Offline

Skirmisher

This is really weird. I was experimenting with removing the permissions added with this plugin by using '-minecraft.*' in the permissions for the Admins group (I figured it was unnecessary 'cause they're already OPs), but upon connecting to the server, the client said "Failed to login: Bad login". Removing '-minecraft.*' from the permissions and restarting the server fixed the problem. No idea why that would be, though. Just my two cents from experimenting. :)

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I have no idea either. You probably shouldn't be giving anyone minecraft.* anyway, though.

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Alright, v0.2 is available, and v0.1 is no longer available. Instead of re-dispatching from the console, it now re-dispatches as an operator, which means the player gets to see the command feedback. Additionally, for those commands that print notices to the console, you can tell whether the person who issued it was an op; if they are, you'll see "CraftPlayer", but if they aren't you'll instead see "DefPerms$PlayerOverride".

I'm not experiencing this on CraftBukkit 670.

This has been fixed in 0.2.

Apparently Permissions does not support removing wildcards; try removing each minecraft permission individually.

14. Offline

Mitch C

Can you take permisions away from people?

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

You should be able to take permissions away by using Permission's exclusion syntax: put a - character in front of the permission you're revoking.

16. Offline

shadrxninga

Are you an admin on your the server you tested this on? It only happens if you don't have the * permission.
    I haven't tested it on 670 though.

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Just checked, and it did not occur when I lacked the * permission. I guess it got fixed somehow.

18. Offline

NeoZeroo

Awesome! Just what this plugin needed!

19. Offline

yepwatermelon

I checked the console after I loaded up my server and noticed the plugin wasn't even listed. From what I can tell the plugin doesn't even load, or isn't recognized as a plugin upon starting up the server. I am running 720 ,I believe, at the moment so that's probably why it doesn't work but I just wanted to double check and make sure it wasn't something entirely different.

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

If you have the jar in the plugins folder, you would either see "Enabled DefaultPermissions v0.2" or an error message about not being to load it. I don't think there's any reason for it not to work on build 720. Are you quite sure it's not showing up in the log?

21. Offline

yepwatermelon

Oddly enough now that I've updated to the recommended built the "Enable DefaultPermissions v0.2" message pops up. I think it may have just been a glitch in the older builds.

P.S. I always found it odd that this wasn't inherently included in permissions but I love the plugin. One of my favorites I've found to date and now that Ive got it working it works perfectly. ^.^ thnx

22. Offline

DDRKhat

There is a small issue with /tell.
    DefPerms$PlayerOverride whispers hi

23. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Not sure if I can fix that... I'll look into it and try, though.

24. Offline

LePad

Does the plugin work for the build 733 ?

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It should, but I haven't tested. Try it and see?

26. Offline

jmcneely

Works for me on build 734, so it should work on 733.

27. Offline

fishyfish

Just a little something I came across, if you do add yourself to the ops.txt as well as Permissions support, misspelling default commands will give you a "unknown command" error -- twice.

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Not a serious problem, but I'll try to remember to look into it at some point.

29. Offline

kmccmk9

Thanks, great plugin although for some reason anytime my friend places a block he gets an error "You do not have permission to do this" So I'm thinking it has something to do with the plugin. Any ideas?

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It's unlikely to have anything to do with this plugin, since it doesn't do anything on block place. Look for plugins on your list that do stuff on right-clicking.