Inactive [ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.5 - Tomorrow is Today! [1.4.6-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by t3hk0d3, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

t3hk0d3

[​IMG]
    Version: 1.19.5

PLEASE USE BUKKIT-DEV FORUM FOR DISCUSSION/HELP
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

[​IMG]

Current features
    1. Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
    2. Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
    3. YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
    4. SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
    5. Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
    6. Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
    7. Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
    8. Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
    9. Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
    10. Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
    11. Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
    12. Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
    13. Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
    14. Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users :)
    15. Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
    16. World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
    17. Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
    18. Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

Documentation
    Wiki

Basic setup tutorial (Thanks to lycano)

Nice tutorial made by Bennetman

Download
    Stable version

Development version (mostly stable) - always lastest dev build.

Sources
    https://github.com/PEXPlugins

Builds
    http://webbukkit.org:8080/

Maven Repository
    http://repo.tehkode.ru/browse/ru.tehkode

IRC
    Join us on #permissionsex, irc.esper.net. Feel free to ask any related questions.

Tools !NEW!
    Pex Auto-Setup Tool - MySQL and FlatFile !

Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)
    v1.19.5
    Proper intervals for timed commands (both group/permissions management), without pesky seconds calculations (like /pex user t3hk0d3 timed add cool.permission 10days)
    Bugfixes.
    1.4.6 compatibility.

v1.19.4
    Built for Bukkit 1.4.2-R0.1
    Added inventory permissions (modifyworld.items.put/take.<item>.of.<chest>)
    Added item hold permission (modifyworld.items.hold.<item>)
    Sdded monster egg spawn permission (modifyworld.spawn.<creature>)
    Few other minor fixes
    v.1.19.3
    Modifyworld improvements (configurable messages, now independent from PEX)
    /pex help command
    Minor improvements and bugfixes
    v.1.19.2
    New modifyworld permissions
    Some bugfixes
    v.1.19.1
    Bugfix release
    v1.19
    Bukkit R6 compatible.
    Several bugfixes!
    Permissions now case-insensetive.
    v1.18
    Users logging and cleanup feature.
    Non-inheriting nodes feature.
    Several Bugfixes.
    PermissionsCompat is finally remove from default bundle.
    v1.17
    User/group specific management permissions (permissions.manage.group.Admin)
    Fixed some superperms compatibility issues
    Fixed several bugs
    v1.16
    SuperPerms compatbility bridge were rewritten - no lags anymore and now with debug output (now you can view superperms checks).
    Numerous of bugs were fixed (Thanks you guys for reporting them)
    Modifyworld were improved (modifyworld.item.use)
    v1.15
    Compatiblity for 1317+
    Fixed perfomance issues with SuperPerms (if you still experience they try to disable "raw-permissions" in config.yml)
    Fixed issue with prefix inheritance
    v1.14
    Improved Options mechanism.
    Auto saving new users feature, disabled by default.
    SuperPerms bridge improved - more permissions supported by wildcards.
    File backend dumping now fully functional. SQL dumping is still bogus (do not dump world-specific inheritance and prefixes), will be fixed soon.
    Many bugfixes and minor improvements.
    v1.13
    Superperms (BukkitPerms) support
    Multiworld inheritance and prefixes/suffixes
    Groups weighting
    ChatManager, chat plugin which bundled with PEX.
    Modifyworld now separate plugin, but still bundled with PEX.
    API changed slightly, CustomEvents (PermissionsEntityEvent, PermissionsSystemEvent) introduced.
    Many lesser improvements and tons of bugfixes.
    v1.12
    API get slightly improved
    Ranking ladders.
    User/group name case-insensetivity.
    World-inheritance.
    Timed permissions.
    Modifyworld rules are get improved.
    Tons of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.11
    Many bugfixes and improvements.
    MySQL connection stability improved - reconnection mechanism.
    v1.10
    Promotional/Demotional system.
    Perfomance improvement, with new low-level caching system (thx Joy)
    Modifyworld improved.
    Many lesser improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.06
    New p2compat backend, for easy migration from Permissions 2.x to PEX.
    v1.05
    Users/Groups dumping (pex dump <backend> <file>).
    New commands pex promote/demote. Actually this is just aliases for "pex user group set/remove"
    Few bugfixes.
    v1.04
    Players now can be informed about changes (has been added to group, changed permission/option). Disabled by default - set "permissions.informplayers.changes" to "true"
    Config node "permissions.verbose", which responsible for player informing about modifyworld restrictions has been renamed to "permissions.infromplayers.modifyworld".
    Autocomplete has been improved.
    New command "pex config <node> [value]". This command help to manipulate configuration file (config.yml) from console/chat interface.
    Many bugfixes.
    v1.03
    Autocomplete for users (taken from registred users and online users) and groups names.
    New command for user removing (pex user <user> delete)
    Fixed several nasty bugs. Thanks for bugreports!
    v1.02
    Compatibility layer loading order issue fixed. Now most of plugins should work.
    Tested with new CB 803 build.
    v1.01
    Regular expression permissions support.
    Newer permissions now added above (bugfix).
    Several bugfixes.
    v1.00
    Initial public release.

BRampersad, grid21, MrRazull and 71 others like this.
  2. Offline

swbuza

It doesn't really treat worlds in the same concept as the world/group.yml and world/users.yml Permissions method. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to accomplish with per-world groups?

You simply create groups, and you give them permissions. If you want the effect of a group that has permissions only in a specific world, then when you give permissions to that group, always append the node with worldname. If every single permissions for a group has a worldname associated with it, then there are no permissions for that group outside of that world and the user inherits whatever default permissions are available.

Of course users can be members of multiple groups, so you could configure a separate group for each world as discussed above. Or you could create a single group that has X permissions in World 1, Y permissions in World 2, and Z Permissions in World 3.

See pex group <group> add <permission> [world]

I realize I'm quoting myself here, but..

I have a server with a number of worlds. The three primary worlds are a skylands "air" world, a nether "fire" world, and a normal "water" world that is quite oceanic. I have three groups total: users, mods, admin. Anyone in the mods group has rocketboots only in the air world, water breathing only in the water world, and firelord only in the fire world. All with a single group that tracks any users in the group across multiple worlds.

I have seven worlds with unique permissions for the mods group in each and unique permissions for the users group in each. But I'm not managing 21 groups. I'm managing 3.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  3. Offline

Leviathanx

Its part of the permissions bridge so that plugins that use the old permissions system work with this plugin. add them both in.

4. Offline

Kaosvf

added, now I use the entire pack, however after the conversion (and deletion) of GroupManager maybe there is a new problem, a plugin is not more compatibile... http://pastebin.com/8wzg0hGY

5. PEX + Residences = Residences don't see group name.

When i switch to PermissionsBukkit residences reads my group.

6. Offline

Leviathanx

PrivateWarp uses an old and outdated permissions support(from what i can see on their post). you'd have to ask them to update their plugin to support newer permissions system.

7. Offline

Boon Pek

Bump! :(

andrewkm likes this.
  8. Offline

GarretSidzaka

:'( IM SO HAPPY IM ABOUT TO CRY THANK YOU OH GOD THANK YOU

all those other permission plugins were dogshit and you IMPORTED MY SHIT OVER INSTANLY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

im going to donate right now

9. Offline

Tazzernator

Very polished. Tops.

10. Offline

Akime

Using Herochat with PEX and I'm getting double prefixes before names. I removed from HeroChat the {prefix} tag and it fixed the issue, but I'd rather just have HeroChat pull the prefixes from the premissions.yml file and depend on it for prefix display. Is there a way of preventing PEX from displaying prefixes and allowing just HeroChat to handle it?

11. Offline

Boots01

X-posted from dev.bukkit, hope that doesn't ruffle too many feathers.

hi there, just installed and configured PEX and am very impressed.

However, I would love to be able to have one basic user group be part of all my rank ladders. On my server I have seven rank ladders, with each community recruiting from the same group. It would be better to have that group be the lowest rung on all seven ladders so the admins of those communities could just use "/pex promote <user>". This way I don't have to give everyone permissions.manage.membership to let them recruit.

Is there a way to do this already that I have missed?

12. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Everytime i try to convert from permissions 2.7 it gives me errors!

Code:
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing p2compat backend
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Parsing "FreeBuild.yml" file
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Parsing "MineWorld.yml" file
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Parsing "nether.yml" file
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Parsing "Survivor.yml" file
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Parsing "World1.yml" file
    2011-09-02 09:52:18 [INFO] Permission backend changed!
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [INFO] Error: null
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE] Error: null
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.P2Entity.getAllOptions(P2Entity.java:116)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.ProxyPermissionUser.getAllOptions(ProxyPermissionUser.java:94)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.dumpData(FileBackend.java:283)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.commands.UtilityCommands.dumpData(UtilityCommands.java:141)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager$CommandBinding.call(CommandsManager.java:298)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:120)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onCommand(PermissionsEx.java:123)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:344)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:489)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:468)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-09-02 09:52:23 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

13. Offline

RockIsLife

Don't work world guard permissions:
    worldguard.region.flag.regions.own.*
    worldguard.region.flag.flags.<flag>.*

and

Code:
    2011-09-02 10:47:51 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_PORTAL to PermissionsEx
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.BukkitPermissions$PlayerEvents.onPlayerPortal(BukkitPermissions.java:187)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.f(ServerConfigurationManager.java:295)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:244)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:299)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

14. Offline

CrimsonCore

I have an issue with ChatManager or PermissionsEx itself.

Now, my issue is that chat is not using prefixes and suffixes for me.

Here is my permissions.yml file:
    Code:
    groups:
        Players:
            default: true
            permissions:
        Members:
            default: false
            permissions:
        Mods:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            permissions:
            - '*'

Users:
        CrimsonCore:
        group: Admins
        prefix: '&4[Admins]'
        suffix: '&c'
    And when in game, and I test the chat, the result is: '<CrimsonCore>: Hello' And it was all white with the prefix and suffix not working.

Is my format incorrect, if so, may I have an example of a permissions.yml file with prefixes and suffixes? Or is there a specific plugin I need for prefixes and suffixes to take effect?

15. I know it has been asked before, but wanted to check again as there was no reply... is it possible to tie the permissions into worldguard regions? this would be an excellent method of controlling activities such as allowing banking permissions to only be given in the 'bank' region!

Thanks for the great plugin by the way!

16. Offline

Dagumboss

I was running Permissions 2.7.4 and downloaded VirtualShop. Apparently, VirtualShop runs on superperms and I was told by the dev to upgrade to PEX, among a couple other plugins. This was because players could sell items in worlds they didn't have permissions to. So I upgraded, configured the permissions.yml manually and all.

People can still sell things without the permissions. I posted a issue ticket in his github as well, but thought it might be a PEX issue and that you guys might be able to help.

permissions.yml:
    http://pastebin.com/2wb2y9Te

17. Offline

Th3Controller

Keep supporting this plugin please I don't want to convert to PermissionsBukkit this is a awesome plugin and btw can you add a PermissionsBukkit bridge?

18. Offline

Lunar Delta

PermissionsBukkit and PEX are both SuperPerms managers. There is no need for (or even such a thing as) a bridge between them.

19. Offline

DragonSupremacy

For some reason I cannot get PEX to connect to my DB (on localhost) again after I restored all the files from a backup.

This is what I did to make sure I prepared my java installation for java/mysql connectivity:
    - maintained 'lib' directory in craftbukkit directory with updated mysql connectors
    - copied connectors to both the jre6 and jre7 folders (32-bits and 64-bits version of Java respectively)
    - kept same user/pass combo I used before a win7 re-install.

Error snippet

20. Offline

Omen

can you add a way to ignore/unignore in the chat manager?

Jerk1 is spamming and being a noob.
    Player4 types /ignore Jerk1
    Player4 will never see Jerk1's chat untill he types /unignore Jerk1

21. hey...i have a question...If i use

PermissionGroup[] usersGroups = this.PM.getUser(player).getGroups(player.getWorld().getName());

then i typed

String uG = usersGroups.toString();

does uG contains all the users groups he currently in?and how does it look in strings?
    is uG will be like "firstgroup<comma or space?>secondgroup<comma or space?>thirdgroup"

can someone clarify this?

22. Offline

ProjectInfinity

I can't for the life of me find anything to do cleanup so I'm going to ask.
    If it doesn't already exist, can you please add a cleanup feature that would delete everyone with the specified group (or default group for graylisted servers) from the PEX system entirely?

23. i haz problem...when i use PermissionsEx.getPermissionManager().getUser(player).addGroup(group, player.getWorld().getName());
    it always add another group other than the one i specified...what is hapenning?

24. Offline

t3hk0d3

Thank you for spoting this! Fixed in lastest dev version.

hm. what mysqld logs talk about?

Do you have world-specific groups? If so than try lastest dev build.

Well, you can use debug options to figureout actual player superperms. Set config.yml's 'permissions.superperms.debug' to true and get ready for massive console spam :D

You have wrong identation for prefix and suffix.

Code:
    groups:
        Players:
            permissions:
        Members:
            permissions:
        Mods:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            permissions:
            - '*'

Users:
        CrimsonCore:
            group: Admins
            prefix: '&4[Admins]'
            suffix: '&c'
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  25. Offline

kalstrams

Exceptionally useful plugin. However, unlucky me, but I can not really manage to deal with permission stuff on Minecraft server. It seems to be the steepest set-up part of whole MC server experience. Anyway, here is the problem - I always get internal error, when I try to use /pex reload in-game.

Code:
    Groups:
        novice:
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.chat
        acolyte:
            inheritance:
            - novice
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.*
            - lwc.protect
            - MineQuest.Quester
            - residence.create
        moder:
            inheritance:
            - acolyte
            permissions:
            - banhammer.kick
            - banhammer.recent
            - banhammer.check
            - banhammer.history
            - banhammer.tempban
            - banhammer.weight.medium
        admin:
            inheritance:
            - moder
            permissions:
        god:
            permissions:
            - banhammer.weight.heavy
            - banhammer.*
            - modifyworld.*
            - permissions.*
            - MineQuest.Mayor
            - MineQuest.Command.Merc
            - MineQuest.Command.Debug

Users:
        mynickname:
            group: god
        friend:
            group: moder

Code:
    Name    Value
    protocol    7
    gamedir    minecraft
    gamename    Minecraft
    bots    0
    dedicated    1
    sv_os    windows
    version    git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    game_port    30465
    hostport    30465
    plugins    RemoteBukkit,PermissionsEx,Permissions,Modifyworld,Spout,BanHammer,Stackable,Fruitful,ChatManager

/bh history kalstrams
    /pex reload

both get me internal error, here is the log :

Code:
    2011-09-03 04:44:55 [INFO] Done (0.139s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-09-03 04:45:15 [INFO] mynickname [/46.109.176.115:20574] logged in with entity id 146 at ([Tardia] -189.69180620987316, 64.0, 452.4347148380955)
    2011-09-03 04:45:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to PermissionsEx
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No groups defined. Check your permissions file.
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.getDefaultGroup(FileBackend.java:141)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:283)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:272)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getGroups(PermissionUser.java:160)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getInheritedPermissions(PermissionUser.java:671)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getPermissions(PermissionUser.java:624)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.BukkitPermissions.updatePermissions(BukkitPermissions.java:129)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.BukkitPermissions.updatePermissions(BukkitPermissions.java:110)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.BukkitPermissions$PlayerEvents.onPlayerJoin(BukkitPermissions.java:182)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    2011-09-03 04:45:21 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'pex' in plugin PermissionsEx v1.13
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No groups defined. Check your permissions file.
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.getDefaultGroup(FileBackend.java:141)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:283)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:272)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getInheritedPermissions(PermissionUser.java:671)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getPermissions(PermissionUser.java:624)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.getMatchingExpression(PermissionEntity.java:494)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getMatchingExpression(PermissionUser.java:815)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.has(PermissionEntity.java:126)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:97)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:67)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager$CommandBinding.checkPermissions(CommandsManager.java:272)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:111)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onCommand(PermissionsEx.java:123)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 13 more
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [WARNING] [Modifyworld] Failed to execute Modifyworld event handler for Event.PLAYER_INTERACT
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.ModifyworldListener$1.execute(ModifyworldListener.java:141)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:573)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No groups defined. Check your permissions file.
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.getDefaultGroup(FileBackend.java:141)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:283)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:272)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getGroups(PermissionUser.java:160)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getInheritedPermissions(PermissionUser.java:671)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getPermissions(PermissionUser.java:624)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.getMatchingExpression(PermissionEntity.java:494)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getMatchingExpression(PermissionUser.java:815)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.has(PermissionEntity.java:126)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:97)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:67)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.ModifyworldListener.canInteractWithMaterial(ModifyworldListener.java:112)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.handlers.PlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(PlayerListener.java:172)
    2011-09-03 04:45:25 [SEVERE]     ... 18 more
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [WARNING] [Modifyworld] Failed to execute Modifyworld event handler for Event.PLAYER_INTERACT
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.ModifyworldListener$1.execute(ModifyworldListener.java:141)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:573)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No groups defined. Check your permissions file.
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.getDefaultGroup(FileBackend.java:141)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:283)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getDefaultGroup(PermissionManager.java:272)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getGroups(PermissionUser.java:160)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getInheritedPermissions(PermissionUser.java:671)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getPermissions(PermissionUser.java:624)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.getMatchingExpression(PermissionEntity.java:494)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getMatchingExpression(PermissionUser.java:815)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.has(PermissionEntity.java:126)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:97)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:67)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.ModifyworldListener.canInteractWithMaterial(ModifyworldListener.java:112)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.handlers.PlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(PlayerListener.java:172)
    2011-09-03 04:45:34 [SEVERE]     ... 18 more
    2011-09-03 04:50:38 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'bh' in plugin BanHammer v1.4.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No groups defined. Check your permissions file.
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.getMatchingExpression(PermissionEntity.java:494)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionUser.getMatchingExpression(PermissionUser.java:815)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.has(PermissionEntity.java:126)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:97)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.permission(PermissionHandler.java:79)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.permission(PermissionHandler.java:70)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.has(PermissionHandler.java:43)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.Command.authorisePlayer(Command.java:75)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.commands.Command.onCommand(Command.java:43)
        at name.richardson.james.banhammer.CommandManager.onCommand(CommandManager.java:18)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 13 more
    2011-09-03 04:50:40 [INFO] mynickname lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-09-03 04:50:40 [INFO] Connection reset

26. Hi there,

I am having a problem converting from the Permissions.yml to SQL Backend.
    When I type "pex dump sql "permissions.sql" it only dumps the first 107kb of my permissions and drops the rest. The problem is thats only about 1/10 of my permissions.yml...

Is there any other way to convert from flat file to sql and vice versa? Because I want to edit permissions in the flat file and then convert back to sql to make it multiserver compatible.

Edit: It only imports the first 90 entries into the permissions table.
    The rest (groups and inheritance) is imported correctly. It only cuts off a lot of the group permissions (in sql as well as in the dump)

27. Offline

DragonSupremacy

You mean check the MySQL server log to see what happens on that end?

28. Offline

Lolmewn

Hey, got a question!
    I want to give my plugin users a choise of which Permissions Plugin to use.
    What is the best way to do that?

29. Offline

suicidal_banana

CAN I PLEASE GET HELP WITH THIS?!?! ILL HAPPYLLY PROVIDE ANY NEEDED INFO OR TEST WHATEVER YOU WANT, BUT THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED, I CAN NOT GET TNT TO BE BLOCKED, MODIFYWORLD ENABLED, USING MYSQL BACKEND.

P
    L
    E
    A
    S
    E

R
    E
    P
    L
    Y

30. Offline

t3hk0d3

/pex group Group add "-modifyworld.blocks.place.(46|tnt)"

just type it!

Permissions check top down (down-top in sql table)

31. Offline

kalstrams

t3hk0d3, would you mind checking my problem few posts earlier too ?