Inactive [ADMN/GEN/INFO/TP/RPG] MyWorlds v1.48 - Multi-world plugin with a touch [2320]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

[​IMG]

You may wonder, why so many tags? Well, that is because this plugin simply contains a lot of features that fall under those tags! I originally made (parts of) this plugin for our server, but it proofed to be a 'publishable' plugin as well. :)

Description

This plugin features everything related to worlds. Features:
    • Load, unload, copy, delete, save and create worlds
    • Show information of worlds and list available chunk generators and worlds
    • Set world game mode, difficulty, time, weather, autosaving, PvP
    • Set world mob spawn restrictions
    • Evacuate worlds to clear them from players
    • Repair broken worlds to some extend
    • Make portals cross-world, one-way, simple, no commands needed
    • World-specific chat rooms using permissions
    • Automatically load worlds when the server starts and persistent settings
    • Extensive permission system, you can even set who can enter what world
    • Can act as a tool for other plugins to teleport players from one world to the other
    • Simple teleportation commands
    • Set OP lists for specific worlds to make players operator on certain worlds
    • Easy-to-remember commands: with aliases and chat-message help
    A nice tutorial by FrozdY

BukkitDev page

For configuration, commands, etc, look on the BukkitDev page under Links.
    All documentation pages are now on Bukkit Dev.

Known bugs:
    - None
    Disclaimer (because things CAN go wrong)

I am not responsible for world damages done by this plugin or by certain commands this plugin performs. If you, for example, loaded 20 worlds and hosted it on a buggy computer with 30 players, odds are the server (and your computer) will crash and worlds become corrupted. Repair can fix worlds, but this does not recover damaged chunks, so don't think you are always covered. Also, never forget to make backups of your worlds, but I guess this is common sense...

FAQ:
    - Different inventories per world? No, you can use World Inventories for that.
    - Or try MultiInv while it is still maintained.
    - Repair ruined your world? Backup of region files can be found in the region folder, simply restore.

Important links:

Download the MyWorlds.jar from GitHub
    Look at the source at GitHub
    BukkitDev page

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Specops343

Great plugin, berger. Super Perms support would be awesome tho ;)

3. Offline

emericask8ur

....Bk.... This is amazing

4. Offline

Rabus

Is it better/lighter than MultiVerse?

5. Offline

spunkiie

What happens if I unload a world with ppl on it ?

6. Offline

bergerkiller

It will notify you this is not possible. You can evacuate the world if you desperately need it unloaded.
    Note: you can not unload your main world (the world you set in the properties file), so choose this world wisely. :)

And yes it is pretty light-weight, although I am not sure what the standard is for 'light weight'.
    Note: Multiverse failed on our server, thus I made a plugin to have a replacement. The portal feature is simply for the fun of the players on the server. (punching a sign is not that realistic)

Commands like copy and delete are async tasks. Create world not, since for some reason it will run on the main thread anyway.

EDIT

And I'll see if I can combine Permissions 3.0 with SuperPerm.
    Adding SuperPerms will be a problem, since I can't use the defaults then. Ugh we need a standard...lol

7. Offline

Plague

edited tags

8. Offline

bergerkiller

Thanks Plague. :)
    Also, set up GitHub with the source.

9. Offline

FrozdY

Bergerkiller, could you please rename all the .class and .java files and make it so that they work with eachother? need to check if just that little change can make it stack with essentials, otherwhise, do you think you could try and stack it with essentials? thanks in before hand

10. Offline

n!ck

How can I remove portals? Removed the whole frame and the shield under the ground. But the waving part of the portal is still there. :-/

Water... -.-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  11. Offline

bergerkiller

@n!ck
    Um, yeah, didn't think of that. We used worldedit to remove the portal parts... :p
    I'll try to make these portals destructable, don't forget to protect it. :)

@FrozdY
    I especially made sure the /world and /tpp commands were not in use by other plugins before releasing it, and it seems Essentials does not use these commands. Class file names don't matter, since they are in a separate package. If you get an error, please post it so I can resolve it. :)

EDIT

Updated to v1.01. You can now remove portals by removing blocks underneath. Also removed some old debugging coding left over. (it created a data.txt in the root directory containing the level.dat TAG component)

Got no errors when running Essentials 2.5 next to the plugin, so not sure what FrozdY is mentioning. If he meant 'merging it with Essentials', that is not going to happen:
    1. We don't use essentials on our server, would only add weight
    2. Essentials already is a bomb full of commands, don't want to contribute to something that can harm other plugins from making nice commands for their plugin. :p

12. Offline

FrozdY

the thing is that i don't get any errors to link, it sais that it's loading properly in the console, the portals isn't working neither is any of the commands when i have any of the essentials activated:S and the only thing that i get if i'm lucky is like: "uknown command: list" if i try:"/world list" but when i inactivate essentials it goes back working as intended:S

13. Offline

bergerkiller

Then essentials succeeded in making a plugin that annoys other plugins, rep for them. :rolleyes:
    Still weird, since /world is not used in Essentials. I get the feeling they added an alias somewhere...

EDIT

Yup, I spotted it. They use /world to teleport to other worlds..come on! :mad:
    Let's add an alias so you can still access it...

14. Offline

FrozdY

or you can make a new command like /mw or /mworlds as commands, i'm more than certain that it's only gonna be you that uses it in that case

15. Offline

bergerkiller

Re-uploaded it, don't mind changing the version for this. :)

16. Offline

FrozdY

awsome thanks :D <3

still the same and now i noticed that the [portal] command on the signs doesn't work either :S it just turns the sign all blank

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

bergerkiller

Theeen I have honestly no idea how to fix it. Nowhere in my code do I alter the text on the sign. If essentials is being like that I'll just mark it 'not compatible with essentials', no way around it. Or I'll have to load my plugin before Essentials, but can't think of a plugin name starting with a,b,c,d or er< (...)

18. Offline

FrozdY

BKMyWorld or Bergerkiller-MyWorld? to give your self a little more cred which you chould have for atleast trying and it's an awsome plugin aswell

19. Offline

bergerkiller

Mmmh what if you rename the jar file? Does it work then?
    Like AMyworlds?

20. Offline

FrozdY

that could work since i'm guessing that essentials overrides myworld becouse essentials gets loaded first and also, that way we might get some real errors and see what makes it not stack and might be able to work from there

21. Offline

bergerkiller

Tell me it worked. :)

22. Offline

FrozdY

nope, essentials is overriding some how and no error messages unless i try and use any /commands as usual, sorry :(

What if you try and do a ver. that's basicly made for essentials? that your commands use the essential commands?
    if you have the time strengh and what not

23. Offline

bergerkiller

MMmmmh I'll register the commands twice. One for /world and one for /worlds.

OK done. It now registers /worlds as well, hopefully it'll work.

24. Offline

FrozdY

it's wierd thou since the ItemCraft sign elevators works with essentials, maby you could get the sign portals to work if the code is on the 3rd or 4th row? the best thing with your plugin is that you hace a really easy way to be able to take portals that everyone can use, easily hidden signs, that's what i need for my server, something to make my players able to effortless teleport to places i want them to see

25. Offline

bergerkiller

Ah it's worth giving a try I guess. I'll make signs in the following format:
    if any of the lines contain [portal], the lines are read from top the bottom, excluding the [portal] line. The first non-empty spot is the portal name, the second non-empty spot is the destination portal.
    This way this works as well:
    Location1
    Location2
    Teleport to location 2 :D
    [portal]

26. Offline

FrozdY

i'll try it

27. Offline

bergerkiller

Could you give a list of plugins you use? I installed essentials and this problem doesn't seem to occur. Even /world works...

And um...if you are using Permissions 3.0, don't forget to add permission groups to yourself.

28. Offline

FrozdY

CraftBook.jar
    CraftBookCircuits.jar
    CraftBookMechanisms.jar
    CraftBookVehicles.jar
    Essentials.jar
    EssentialsChat.jar
    EssentialsGeoIP,jar
    EssentialsGroupBridge.jar
    EssentialsGroupManager.jar
    EssentialsSpawn.jar
    EssentialsXMPP.jar
    MyWorlds.jar
    Parties.jar
    PlugMan.jar
    VanishNoPickup.jar
    WorldEdit.jar 4.6
    java 6 newest build
    win7 ulti 64
    newest CraftBukkit

29. Offline

bergerkiller

Didn't have those, let's install 'n check.

EDIT

Good news and bad news:
    Good news - Commands ARE registered and used
    Bad news - Permissions are messed up, commands all hidden

EDIT 2:

I didn't have Permissions installed at ALL. One of your essentials plugins act as a permissions plugin. Now adding an option in the config to disable or enable the use of permission plugins.

30. Offline

FrozdY

messed up permissions and hidden commands? permissions shouldn't be a prob, but anyway, i'll try with your setup and we'll see how it works,
    EssentialsGroupBridge.jar
    EssentialsGroupManager.jar
    EssentialsXMPP.jar
    removing those 3 and see if it works

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

it works <3<3<3<3 thanks for all the help Berger :D