[ADMN] RemoteToolkit [R10 a15] - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console! [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Plugin Releases' started by drdanick, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)

For developers
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Changelog
    Release 10, Alpha 1

[IMG][IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:

This post has been edited 114 times. It was last edited by drdanick Jun 6, 2014.
  3. Offline

blokzeil1

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    its not working on 1185 :S i need it :p
  4. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    What issues are you having? I am aware of the shutdown delay bug and a few other things related to server console output.
  5. Offline

EnzoFX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Using 1185, though no issues found so far that I'm aware of...
  6. Offline

davvem

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I got an issue, using it, Read timed out, no restart :( have to .forcerestart manually :(
  7. Offline

davvem

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Oh, also, it do restart automaticly.... on crash too,even thought instead of the 2 min time i set, it restarts after 30 minutes or more :( are you working on tihs? just asking. =)
  8. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Yes, I am still working on it. As I have said many times before, the toolkit does not respond directly to "Read timed out" errors yet.
  9. Offline

ConWylie

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thank you very much, this has helped me keep my server up 24/7!
    To me this is the best plugin. I would thank you 100 times, Keep up the good work :)
  10. Offline

Matt Gill

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    @drdanick
    Do you have an ETA on the next verison?

Map backups and the android app sound really cool.
  11. Offline

Kas

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hello there,

I really love this mod, especially the scheduled restarts are awesome because they solve memory leaks completely automatically. However my players are not warned in any way about restarts, even though I put it in the options. I do see "[server] Automatic restart in t" in my terminal, but the players do not see this. I use Essentials, Pemissions and WE/WG, could that be an issue?
    Can anyone help me with this? This is my options file
    Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Sun Sep 18 18:44:44 CEST 2011
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    maximum-heap-size=2048M
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=10m,5m,1m,30s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    server-saveall-period=0
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    force-save-on-restart=true
    server-heartbeat-threshold=1m
    server-restart-alerts=15m,10m,5m,3m,1m,30s,15s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit.jar
    initial-heap-size=2048M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=5
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    server-arguments=nogui
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay=0
    server-restart-delay=6h
    import-properties=false

I would also like to know what the options
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay and forced-restart-delay are, because I don't understand what they're for... I mean, the restart period is defined by server-restart-delay, right? Then what is this other variable for? And what does autoshutdown-delay do? Because my wrapper keeps running for several minutes sometimes after using .stopwrapper and I think this might be the issue

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by Kas Sep 24, 2011.
  12. Offline

Sayshal

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    PLEASE add backup asap! I really need it (dont want to manually/other plugin!) Please!
  13. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Update!

Release 10 Alpha 11
    -Fixed shutdown delay issues related to CB #1185
    -By default, the toolkit console will no longer display ANSI color escape sequences under Windows.
    -Corrected a number of issues pertaining to remote console sessions on servers running under Windows.
    -Added a number of console optimizations.
    -A few minor bug fixes.

Please note that this is not Release 11. I am currently in the last quarter of my University semester, and I cannot dedicate a substantial amount of time to its development for the next few weeks. Rest assured that development of R11 is still in progress, and I will still commit to keeping the Release 10 codebase fully compatible with current and future builds of Craftbukkit.

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by drdanick Sep 26, 2011.
    Zero9195, NEO and Phaedrus like this.
  14. Offline

Mikael_d

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thanks for staying committed to this plugin drdanick, the worst thing is when a plugin as good as this, just dies :-(
  15. Offline

shikari

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    The windows server I rent doesn't allow .bat files, any way around this?
  16. Offline

oglop

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    hello. Does this error is related to RTkit?

Code:
    Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.loadMySQL(PlayerProfile.java:164)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.datatypes.PlayerProfile.<init>(PlayerProfile.java:94)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.Users.getProfile(Users.java:100)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.Users.removeUser(Users.java:85)
        at com.gmail.nossr50.listeners.mcPlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(mcPlayerListener.java:121)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:251)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:154)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:127)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.disconnect(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:507)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:157)
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKEventHandler.onCommand(RTKEventHandler.java:64)
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKPlugin.onCommand(RTKPlugin.java:65)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:349)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:499)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

17. Offline

moose517

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    that clearly says mcMMO in the very first line.
  18. Offline

Errored

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thank you for keeping up-to-date even in your busy scheduled but I have small request.

Could you possibly add in a line of code to prevent constant saves if no one is online? I have it set to 15min and it's constantly saving. I know I can set it to a higher time but it's still pretty useless to save at all if no one is online.

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by Errored Sep 28, 2011.
  19. Offline

Mr Olive

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I can't even start the thing. The only thing that happens when I try to start the rtoolkit.bat is that the window pops up for like 0.5 seconds then closing.
    It says that Java isn't a command/program or something like that.
    Guide for dummies please! ^^

Thankful for help!
  20. Offline

Errored

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
  21. Offline

Gibstick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hello!

This is probably the only good free server wrapper, so thank you! I know you are busy with your studies, but I have one (simple?) request: an option to disable remote echo, as I like to turn on local-echo and I don't enjoy seeing what I enter, twice. Could this be easily done?
  22. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    That depends on whether you can specify the amount of ram to allocate to minecraft. If you can, then you need to merely launch the toolkit jar in place of the minecraft server jar, but allocate only a minimal amount of memory. (20MB, for example)

For that to work, the wrapper would have to be aware of the internal state of the server (something that only the plugin component can currently access). I am working on this for R11.

I assume you mean echoing over telnet. Good suggestion, I may be able to implement it into R10 over the next few days. If not, it will definitely be in R11.
  23. Offline

yaitsbilly

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I set 6gb to

java -Xmx6114M -Xms6114M -XX:MaxPermSize=6114M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar USER:pASS

But when I do /gc ingame it says I only have 5gb allocated, weres the the 1gb goto?
  24. Offline

HereInPlainSight

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    My guess is it's rounding. And technically 1024 x 6 = 6144, not 6114. But it's still probably allocating a small amount for something else and, y'know what? I'm going to go get coffee. Good morning, god speed.

This post has been edited 1 time. It was last edited by HereInPlainSight Oct 2, 2011.
  25. Offline

EnzoFX

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Thanks for the update!
  26. Offline

yaitsbilly

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    lol i see now.
  27. Offline

Gibstick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Great!
  28. Offline

Imm0rt41

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    can the telnet be accessed if the server isnt responding but the console is still up? or can it go as far as to access the console even if its not up.
  29. Offline

crazyish

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Got the thingy working as far as auto restarts are concerned. Added a couple of my characters to the users via .useradd, Then controlled that they were added through .users and checked the file it self, and everything seemed fine. Even made sure to caps the names correctly. All commands i've used in the console seem to have worked fine, But any time i attempt to use commands in game, they turn up as "unknown command" etc. The possibly less important detail would be that a "unknown command" thingy shows up on the console quite a lot, without me touching the keyboard. I would go time it, or check the time in log, but i've been in the server room for so long today freezing my fingers off to fix stuff, that i'd rather do it in the morning if it would be of any interrest. (sorry for the "thingy" description, time for bed >.<) Just thought i'd add this quickly incase there is something basic i've overlooked during setup.
  30. Offline

drdanick

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    So long as the wrapper is running, the console can be accessed regardless of the state of the minecraft server.

Check that you have placed MinecraftRKitPlugin.jar in your bukkit plugin folder.
  31. Offline

crazyish

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Oh wow, while that was my first idea, and i had checked it then, i had completely overlooked the fact that i had moved the wrong jar to plugins "shame" ^^ Ty for making me look again.
  32. Offline

Vittek

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Well just had the Read timed out error again, but this time I got the hearbeat failed and RTK is trying to restart the server. However it tries a normal restart and then tries to force a save which then gets stuck.
    Anyway to make it force a restart instead?