Inactive [ADMN/SEC] bPermissions v2.9.2 - no support on this post, ask for support on bukkitdev [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

kahlilnc, Lappy, Gobiel and 4 others like this.
  2. Offline

Sh00ck

Nice Update.. :D

(PermissionsBukkit Importing :p?)

3. Offline

codename_B

You need that? I can add it easily.

4. Offline

Sh00ck

YES :O?
    I really need that...
    :eek:
    yes please add this.

5. Offline

codename_B

/me will work on it just now.

6. Offline

Sh00ck

Thanks!
    <3

7. Offline

codename_B

8. Offline

Sh00ck

9. Offline

codename_B

It does import all groups.
    It writes world permissions as they are, and global permissions as they are.

Show me your config file and I'll be able to help more, you can't reasonably expect it to work 100% as you want it without telling me what it is you want XD

You could always set it up manually.

10. Offline

Sh00ck

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10445387/gg.rar

11. Offline

codename_B

12. Offline

Sh00ck

13. Offline

codename_B

No inheritance, there's multigroup.

14. Offline

Sh00ck

Edit//
    Some Commands does not work!

Example :

/mchat reload info

It shows :
    You are not allowed to use to reload mchat

i think OP's have all NOTES ? :(

//
    You forgot that...

15. Offline

obscurehero

question.

I'm trying to play around with the permissions.yml as well as your bPermissions. It seems like the '*' node works for plugins that are working with your built-in bridge, but not superperms enabled plugins. Also, commandbook seems to be hit or miss with superperms implementation. For example, I can give a player the '*' node and they can teleport just fine. If I give them only the 'commandbook.teleport' node they can't... However, I can also give them the commandbook.broadcast node and they can broadcast...but not w/o it (obviously). Am I doing something wrong or is this something that sk89q needs to fix?

16. Offline

codename_B

OPs don't have all nodes but any plugin worth its salt should have op overrides.
    Something sk89q needs to fix.
    The '*' node was only added to maintain backwards compatability, it is not present in superperms and as such you should not be using it.

17. Offline

obscurehero

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking that was the case. As for the catch-all vestigial '*', I am just now taking on the laborious task of moving over to SuperPerms. Its just a troubleshooting help as I'm trying to transition! I assure you I'll use proper permissions... :)

Its proving to be a semi-painful transition. I was hoping that I could save myself some headache by waiting a month...I was a little bit wrong.

18. Offline

codename_B

You can import existing nodes/groups/players from P3 to ease the transition a little.

http://star.aquitros.info:8080/view...ons/37/artifact/target/bPermissions-1.2.5.jar

Here have a dev copy with world mirroring and extra goodies like a custom markup language called .bml

19. Hi, i'm really new to this and after a couple of days of not understanding anything i finnally got bPermissions.build to work.... but somehow the admin thing wont work.
    I tried the "/time set 0" command and some other basic Server stuff but it happen nothing...

My world.yml is this
    Code:
    default: Gast
    players:
        LufiaTM:
        - Admin
    groups:
        Admin:
        - bPermissions.admin

i use CraftBukkit and no other plugin
    any idea why the time command dont work for me?

20. Offline

aflyingturtle

What's the difference between Bpermissions and the PermissionsBukkit plugin? Just different commands and a not official plugin? Or is there added functionality? It seems like a great plugin you have going but I am confused at the added functionality compared to PermissionsBukkit.

That gives you the admin commands for the Bpermissions plugin, such as changing a user's permissions ingame. The node you are looking for is either *(I am not sure if this is supported with Bpermissions) or to give yourself op, by means of the server console.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  21. ahh okay, that explains everything :D
    the bPermissions.admin is just for "add-node" and such things, right? ... man its too late here

22. Offline

ultimak

Yeah, the bPermission.admin node just gives you access to add/delete nodes and give groups to people, basically all the admin duties related to bPermissions.

Theyessentially do the same thing, its just up to you which one you think will be easier/work best for your server set up. I for one had a very easy group structure and no need to the added features of permissionsbukkit so I went with the one that had easier to use commands and easier to set up.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

23. Offline

codename_B

Simpler to use, more efficient, better commands, customisable commands, promotion tracks, cleaner code, useful API, but still manages the in-built bukkit permissions, importing from P3, GM, PB etc, custom markup language (bml) in dev versions to make managing permissions a breeze, and world mirroring in dev versions.

It's really a matter of preference.

24. Offline

aflyingturtle

Thanks! Does it have built in wildcard nodes like GM? Or do we have to list out all the permissions?

25. Offline

lolzrofl

If I am currently running Permissions 3.1.6, what do I need to do to use this?
    Will all my current plugins still be compatible?

26. Offline

ultimak

the wildcard node isnt supported, but OPing yourself does the same thing, or should if your plugins are decent.

Yes, your current plugins should all be compatible, and now with the new P3 import feature it should automatically import and configure your old P3 files.

27. Offline

lolzrofl

*Breathes HUGE sigh of relief*

28. Offline

stkeroro

mmm easy importation from permissions 3.1.6, i give a try.

what plugin u use for make a group name color?

29. Offline

codename_B

Any superperms chat plugin.

You still have to use a command to do it :p

30. Offline

thibaultmol

codename_B? it would be nice if you could make permissions specifically for like /tp and stuff(every standard bukkit command), or is there a way to do it already?

31. Offline

codename_B

Use a commands plugin like CommandBook and setup the permissions.

You are asking for a commands plugin, yes?