Inactive [ADMN/SEC] LockIP v0.4 - Limit players to one IP [1058]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SwearWord, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Offline

SwearWord

Plugin: LockIP
    Version: v0.4

Description:
    This is mostly for servers in offline mode. This plugin kicks users if they try to login from IPs not associated with their account so compromised passwords from won't be an issue as they are with an Auth plugin. Also no one likes having to enter passwords on server reloads.

I do plan to create commands to allow users to specify more IPs themselves, I should have that done in the next few days.

Features:
    • Limit users to certain IPs.
    • Specify what IPs for what user.
    • Doesn't include annoying host name info, easier to specify IPs.
    • Prevents account sharing.
    • Allows matching of partial IP.
    • Doesn't prevent housemates from playing together.
    • Can add last attempted IP to list of accepted IPs for any player from in game.
    Download
    Here

Important:
    Editing users.txt while the server is running will not doing anything. As of now you can only edit the IPs when the server is stopped. Just go into the plugins/LockIP folder and open users.txt and add or remove IPs there.

Configuration:
    Setting subnet=true will put LockIP into the following mode. It will only look to match the first 3 octets of an IP. So if my IP was 192.168.1.122, anything from 192.168.1.* would be allowed to connect. This could help with dynamic IPs, I'm not exactly 100% certain if they stay in the same subnet. However it does allow people from the same subnet to login as each other.

Permissions:
    Code:
    LockIP.exempt - Allows a user through without checking IP.
    LockIP.admin - Allows user to add last attempted IP to list of accepted IPs for any other user.
    Commands:
    Code:
    /lockip <user> - Adds last attempted IP to specified user's IP list.
    Change Log:
    v0.4
    • Added /lockip <user>
    • Alphabetized flatfiles
    • Added permission node (LockIP.admin)
    v0.3
    • Added permission node (LockIP.exempt)
    • Removed Case Sensitivity
    v0.2
    • Added subnet matching
    v0.1
    • Initial release
    Credits:
    Thanks to Mixxit for originally coming up with this idea. Unfortunately, his plugin has been taken over by someone who is just pretending to support and update it. I didn't use any of his source but all my features are pulled from his plugin.

HarcX and AS1LV3RN1NJA like this.
  2. Offline

ChrizC

3. Offline

SwearWord

4. Offline

Bluebomb

For some reason this doesn't work with one dude on our server. His IP is 8#.2##.4#.6#. Can I add a second subnet for him or something? The last two numbers of his IP change.

5. Could i make someone exempt from this? Using permissions or something?

6. Offline

SwearWord

@Bluebomb
    Set subnet=true. I'm working on allowing you to turn this on/off per player.

@AS1LV3RN1NJA
    Working on it.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  7. Offline

JKnutsen

Cool. Really usefull! Thanks for the plugin. Im using this on my server right now, have been having some trouble with people loggin in as others and stealing their items, and IPlock was not that good, but I really like LockIP hehe =P

8. Offline

Bluebomb

Subnet is already set to true and it does this.

9. Offline

gamer1129

Hey dude, this is an awesome plugin. It really helped me out with my friend who is playing as "Player" at the moment and now I know if he logs in then it IS him. Thank you. But I noticed, it enforces the IP thing on everyone, will you ever make it so I can tell it not to restrict certain accounts?

10. Google "MinecraftSP", lets players log in with whatever name they want.

11. Offline

gamer1129

That was not what I wondering.... I was asking if he could make it so I can exempt some players from the IP restriction....

12. He said he was working on it.
    The MinecraftSP thing was just so your friend didn't have to be called Player.

13. Offline

gamer1129

Ah, sorry I did not see that post. Thank you. Oh, and to the MinecraftSP thing, I already use Dispnamechanger so thats taken care of :D Thanks for your quick reply.

14. Offline

SwearWord

Oh sorry. Stop the server and edit the users.txt file. You can add other IPs for him. If you want to add just a subnet just make up a number for the last octet.

15. Offline

generalmek

bivka.mpe.lv=biv
    194.213.101.150=Sanjaa22
    balticom-227-198.balticom.lv=acme

i want see only ips or players with ip without dns

16. Offline

SwearWord

My plugin looks nothing like this. You're thinking of IPlock.

Sidenote my plugin strips away the hostname so you get just IP.

17. Offline

JKnutsen

Hey =)
    I found a little bug / backway to get into the server with someones name.
    When the player name is written like this "Player" then the IP is locked to him. But someone can just login as "pLAYER", or any capital letter in the name, and they would be able to have the rights the user has. Could you fix this? :)

18. Offline

SwearWord

Yeah I fixed this I guess I forgot to load it in here. Will do later today.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  19. Any news on the update?

20. Offline

SwearWord

Version 0.3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/525461/LockIP.jar

Changelog
    • Added permission node (LockIP.exempt)
    • Removed Case Sensitivity

@AS1LV3RN1NJA
    Re-download it I found some bugs.

@JKnutsen
    Uploaded the fix.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  21. Thanks for the quick fix, ran the server and there were no errors on startup and the users file is now all in lowercase :).
    I'd suggest showing the names in alphabetical order, but it's nothing i couldn't do manually (I'm in the middle of transferring IP's from EasyBan).

22. Offline

SwearWord

@AS1LV3RN1NJA
    I can add the alphabetizing feature really quick.

I'm adding a feature that lets you add the last attempted IP to the list of accepted IPs for a player.

Version 0.4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/525461/LockIP.jar

Changelog
    • Added /lockip <user>
    • Alphabetized flatfiles

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

23. Offline

gamer1129

24. Thanks :D. Quickly becoming my favourite plugin/developer; finally i can get rid of these damn italians...

Edit: There were about 500 names in there, you've saved me quite a while. ;)

25. Offline

manyak

Does it automatically add new players' IPs in users list (as iplock did)?

26. Offline

JKnutsen

It does =)

OMG Awesome plugin just got better with the LockIP.Exempt and the /lockip <user> command! Thanks for this plugin =)

27. Offline

SwearWord

Italians raid my server too! They refuse to listen to any of the rules or even listen to me when I speak in Italian.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  28. Offline

xsolar66

I have a major problem with this plugin - As I am the admin, I automatically get given all permission nodes... and this means anyone with a name spoof hack can join on my name because it skips the IP check.

29. Offline

SwearWord

Just subtract the permissions node: -"-LockIP.exempt" for now, I will have it check against LockIP.admin to cancel it out later.

30. Offline

generalmek

i have full * permisoins. i not see registraion my ip into console or... something. i try use lickip generalmek but me always ask who is generalmek..... which answer i need wright or plugin not see admin?