Inactive [ADMN/SEC] Regios v5.0.01 - Advanced Region Management! + Multi-World, Protection + More![1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Adamki11s, May 3, 2011.

1. Regio's - Advanced Region Management! + Multiworld support, protection, entry control, health control, movement control, custom messages and more!
    Version : 5.0.01

Changelog :​
    Version 5.0.01 : Fixed NPE's regarding ChunkGrids & Regions​
    Version 5.0.0 : Updated for 1.0.0 and fixed glaring protection issues.​
    Version 4.0.80 : Mobs Fixed and Economy Support for iConomy6 (Thanks to Pianosaurus)​
    Version 4.0.71 : Complete Recode.​

2. Offline

RingOfStorms

YEYEYEYEY ITS DONE!

testing in a sec

Awesome, couple things I don't like --- Look down I address them on another post.

3. Offline

ashour

very nice set it to where u can block zombies? this is nice ill dl it soon

4. Offline

Hawox

This looks good. I need to see how to find out where a player is. I know \\ spent weeks trying different methods to compare players to areas of the map and ended with something incredibly fast.

craztheking likes this.
  5. Offline

matthew_goodman

any way of stoping an OP placing or deleting blocks? i have a few other OPs in my server and dont want them to be able to destory my buildings?

6. Offline

RingOfStorms

Exactly what I was about to ask. There is no point in having a custom white list, ontop of all OP's powerful. Maybe remove or just disable/allow the OP thing.

Btw when I log out I get an anoying console log..

The following may have been a one time thing, but i'll keep it up for future reference, only does it sometimes.

[​IMG]

EDIT:

Oh and maybe to solve the OP thing, have a config file like the yml files, and then just make it so you can type in a default moderator for this plugin. So in other words, in the plugin folder under the regions folder, have a config that allows you to make custom "OP" for the plugin. And still keep the regular in game whitelist to be able to add players to certain places.

This will make it so that not all OP's can have rights to everywhere, only the players specified in the config file, or whitelisted in game.

Dressingoak likes this.
  7. Offline

ClearTranquil

This is really great.

I was wondering about the difficulty to implement some even more advanced controls such as certain regions being always rainy/stormy, or always night/day. It would also be neat to control monster spawning in each region.

An example of why I'd want these features: Hypothetically, I want to create a region with only zombies always night time and always raining.

8. Offline

Tfs Halo

i should of been first one but i thought the ''get it here'' was only a download :( i am sorry

Doesn't happen to me look
    Code:
     [INFO] Halo [*Censored*] logged in with entity id 121
     [INFO] Connection reset
     [INFO] Halo lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  9. Offline

nubpro

Awesome Plugin you made ^^

10. Offline

cholo71796

This shouldn't be changed. Ops are supposed to be all powerful; their power should be unrestricted. Consider creating another Permissions group for "Admins" or something.

11. Offline

thepackett

do protected regions cancel out explosions?

12. I support cholo71796. OPS are meant to be all powerful, if you don't want them to be able to destroy your buildings then create a seperate permissions group.

13. Offline

m5k

Finally I can protect my warp pods. Thanks for this!

14. Offline

esiao

Great plugin really.
    Can you make flags like worldguard for healzones pvp on off and others ?

15. Offline

Hagon94

I saw a similar plugin earlier called Izone by someone i can't quite remember. He gave up on it and i think it was sad because it is such a brilliant concept. I am amazed and so happy to see someone finally doing this properly and right! This is soooo useful and thanks alot! Keep up the good work! Amazing plugin and real helpful tutorials.

EDIT: You should add even more interesting and more advanced features! There are some good examples above and ( Even though I don't know about the coding and it's limits ) It seems to have a lot of potential :D

16. I keep getting this request a lot but I never understand, what do you mean by flags? Please clarify so I can start work on updating it :p

17. Offline

esiao

With worldguard you can make flags.
    A flag is a region proprities for exemple :
    I make the selection set the enter and enter, i'm in an arena and the world pvp is set to false, i want in this zone to set it true.
    So i set the flag > pvp to true.
    Same for heal i want a zone to heal players i have a flag heal and set true
    In the otherway i want that tnt can destroy blocks i set tntprevent flag to false
    This is the idea and I think it's pretty cool to add it to regions

18. So like a I already have for protection and entry? Also I think it's only possible to have the world pvp set true and zones set to false, am I right?

19. Offline

TainMarr

I really like this plugin it's simple in operation and it works. I would LOVE to see fire and explosion protection added as I'm sure a lot of people would :D

20. Offline

Lantius

can you set the command again to zones because worldguards region

21. Offline

ZachBora

Right now the way it works with Worldguard is that you have you server pvp property set to True and a global region called __global__ which has pvp set to false. Then you set regions pvp to true and make them an higher priority than the global zone to allow pvp in them.

22. Offline

RingOfStorms

M
    Maybe he means somthing like making a zone that has a PVP anabled, and inside of that zone make a smaller zone taht has a flag in the midle to signify a healing zone - this zone would +1 hearts per seconds or something.

BTW regarding explosions, you can place one directly one block outo f teh zone, and it will destroy into the side of teh zone, so it doesnt prevent it compeltely, but if you dont have rights you cant place TNT or anything.

23. I am working on adding fire and explosion protection now :D

Sorry, I am keeping the commands as they are, as far as I'm aware this doesn't clash with wor
    ldguard.

I am looking into the possibility of pvp regions. That will be probably come in v1.3, after fire, explosion protection etc

v1.2 - Slightly altered the code for regions checks which should result in further improved performance :D Also added the feature to protect your entire world from griefers, simply go to the regions folder in /plugins and open RegionsItemConfig.yml and set any blocks that you don't want to be placed to true and any blocks you want to be allowed to place to false. Ops and players with regions.override will bypass these checks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. Offline

Jotschie

I was wondering if I could use this plugin for my roleplay server as an exchange for WorldGuard regions.
    Is it possible to configure the regions in a parent - child relationship? Like protecting plots inside a protected city? This would be crucial to my server...
    And how does the zone selection work? Is it similar to selecting a cuboid like in worldguard? And is there a way to expand the protection from bedrock to sky top?

25. I am currently working on the option to expand selections (Coming soon for v1.3 :D) but yes it works in the same way as other cuboid plugins, you select the lower most corner and the uppermost corner of a cuboid then create it. I have not been able to test it but the way I coded it I don't see any reason for confilcts if users have evelated permissions to a certain region within a larger one. And of course you can use it, I'd be happy if you did :D

26. Offline

Jotschie

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I will test it later, and if it appeals to me I will wait until v1.3 is out, to make a full switch.
    The only reason why I still use WorldGuard is because of the regions, everything else that WG can do is being taken care of by other plugins, so it would be awesome to get rid of it...

27. Offline

RingOfStorms

Right now btw, I use a thing called blast controll for my explosions, I think it is great becuase you can change every little settign for TNT, as well as creepers.

Blast Control Here

28. Offline

TBK

Great job with the new version :)
    btw could you tell me the name of the song used for the tutorial?

29. Offline

FXStrato

I would like to see flags as well, for disabling mob spawning within the regions, and maybe even pvp, if possible. thank you for this though, very simple, I like. If possible, also have an expand ability, so I can select everything in a region from bedrock to the top. That way, I can make sure a certain place remains completely untouchable.

30. I should be able to get the bedrock to sky thing done easily. Maybe in the next half-hour or tomorrow morning :p

Thats alright, I just wanted to provide an alternative within the plugin :)

I love the song :p It's called Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine
    I am working on adding 'flags' on modifying zones with commands, might get it finished tomorrow :D

For the flags and all that I will have to write a patch within the plugin for the database so your original regions aren't wiped/lost/corrupted whatever so the flags thing might take a little longer.

Added a planned updates spoiler :)