[INACTIVE][ADMN/WEB] BukkitHTTPD 0.0.4 - now with more themable signatures [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, May 13, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

BukkitHTTPD 0.0.4
    For simple HTML based sites, on the same ip as your server. With stats. And signatures.

[​IMG]
    Now with automatic banner creation! This is an actual banner from my actual server!

History:
    • So for quite a while now, I've been annoyed at the lack of a "default html" page in bukkit - I want something that I can just set my DNS to and not have to install NGINX or apache, I just want to install my minecraft server and let it run. Well this is just that! No extra programs to install, no extra config files to edit. Just place your html in the right place and it does the rest. Now you can finally have a landing page on the same ip as your server, run by your server! Example: my server
    Usage:
    • Download BukkitHTTP.jar and install in /plugins
    • Run the server once, then stop it.
    • Change the default index.html in /plugins/BukkitHTTPD/index.html to whatever you wish your small html based site to be.
    • Start the server again, once it's started navigate to localhost:8107 (or whatever port you have configured) on the machine the server is hosted on. This should display your index.html
    • There is several configurable options which you must add to server.properties.
    Code:
    http-daemon-port: 8107
    server-name=Localhost Test Server
    server-dns=localhost
    text-color=000000
    • If you want your server to listen on port 80 (ie the standard web port you will need to set it to something like this)
    Code:
    http-daemon-port: 80
    server-name=MyAwesomeMinecraftServer
    server-dns=my.ip.com
    text-color=FFFFFF
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Current Themes:
    • These are all the themes that I have created/have been created for you by players.
    [​IMG]
    Simple dirt theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Simple sand theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Elegance theme by @eastonch with no branding. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Simple minecraft theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Flow theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.

Download:
    • Version 0.0.4 zip bundled with player stats and signature generator Megaupload Mirror
    • Version 0.0.4 zip bundled with player stats and signature generator Main Mirror
    Source
    • Thanks to spacemaniac and pluckerpluck on #bukkitdev for their help with debugging the exception code.
    • Thanks to the original authors of NanoHTTPD, from which this plugin is based.
    A bit more about:
    • The default port number had to be above 1024 incase users were not running bukkit as root on their system, similar to my hosting setup. If you get a socket error of some kind after trying a port below 1024, this is probably because you're not running as root on a *nix system - windows users should be fine. In which case, you should just direct your users to :8107, talk to your host about running as root, or get a minecraft server from someone who offers extensive NAT configuration such as PigSaddleHost ie. my server listens and serves on port :8107, but you all connect to it on port :80 in your browsers. Fantastic! You can also do this yourself with iptables.
    • I'm also working on modding a version of MCStats to work plug and play with this - providing you with player stats on your webhost!
    • There is now a signature generator bundled with BukkitHTTPD! You can mod this with any image you like, just swap out BukkitHTTPD.jpg for any image of the same dimensions, it will work right away. This will be at yourip/image.png
    • If you have any questions about the stats plugin please ask on their thread. I have bundled a modified version of it with this plugin for ease of use, it will work straight out the box.
    NanoHTTPD License:

Copyright © 2001,2005-2011 Jarno Elonen <[email protected]> and Copyright © 2010 Konstantinos Togias <[email protected]>
    Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
    Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Changelog:
    • 14/05/2011 - v0.0.1: wrote source code and released plugin on bukkit.org after extensive testing and going live with it on my server.
    • 15/05/2011 - v0.0.2: changed default html page and bundled a stats plugin.
    • 25/05/2011 - v0.0.3: bundled themable banner creation.
    • 25/05/2011 - v0.0.4: added configurable color for the text. Changed output to .png

Blechbuexse, JWhy, dark1256 and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

kahlilnc

When I go home I will look into this more.

3. Offline

codename_B

Alright, I look forward to your feedback!

TuRmoiLxx and kahlilnc like this.
  4. Offline

oliverw92

This is a GENIUS idea! Does it only support basic HTML, or is PHP possible?

5. Offline

codename_B

Basic HTML atm, but there's a lot you can do with that. If you know what you're doing DNS-wise you can run a standard webhost on forums.yourip.com and use yourip.com to direct to your minecraft server/this small http server. If you need a tutorial on how to setup something like that, I'm more than happy to help.

Implementing PHP is a LOT LOT LOT more complicated than static HTML, but I'm giving it a bash. It will probably never happy but as I said, there is loads you can do with just HTML.

As I mentioned earlier I'm working on modding a version of MCStats to work plug and play with this - providing you with player stats on the same ip as your server.

I am very happy to hear that people will find this useful though ^^

6. Offline

Plague

7. Offline

codename_B

8. Offline

Walnoot

I am a little bit confused what this does. Does this plugin make a site for you? Or does this let your users type in a website instead of an ip?

9. Do the server has to be online ? So people can go on my lil website ?

10. Offline

codename_B

If you have a domain, it will make a small website on that domain for you. If you have an ip, it will make a small website on that ip for you.

If uses connect to your ip/domain in their web browser they will see your small website, telling them a bit about your server etc.

http://ube.pigsaddle.com in your web browser is a small landing page for my server. ube.pigsaddle.com is also the ip you use to connect to my server - it's all running from bukkit. No installation of apache etc needed.

The plugin does however create a sample index.html for you.

If your server is offline, the website will be offline. This runs directly from the craftbukkit.jar so you shuld work on keeping your uptime higher.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  11. Offline

rymate1234

Its working!

And its cool!

I hope you can get PHP working :) (maybe even SQLite for a database :D)

12. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

So as an example, you could use this as a way for players to know if the server is down or not, right? Or is there a better way of doing this?

13. Offline

heroanth2345

Does this mean that I don't need to have the console open to run the server?
    Like running a server 24/24?

14. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

He already answered that.

"If your server is offline, the website will be offline." Meaning no server, no website and vise versa.

Please read all of the posts before you make yourself look stupid.

15. Offline

TBK

*24/7
    It could , if you have a web based server administration script to use with it (that of cause doesn't require PHP).

@codename_B maybe this can help you implement PHP - http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/quercus/index.xtp#New-Java/PHP-Architecture

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  16. Offline

codename_B

If you're running a server properly you shouldn't need to have the console open 24/7 anyway. Use a program like screen.

17. Offline

TBK

@heroanth2345 was the one asking, I just answered :)
    I run my server as a service :)

18. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

How did you set that up? And what are the benefits of running it like that?

Could you provide more info on Screen and possibly a link so I can check it out?

19. Offline

TBK

20. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

Windows 7, but that looks like too much work for something that wont make too much of a difference to me. Thanks though! Ill keep it in mind when i upgrade lol.

21. Offline

codename_B

22. Offline

TBK

I'm sorry I don't, and my Java is.... mildly put very very rusty.

23. Offline

JackTDawson

oh I see how it is.. I mention I am working on this and your now making it in JAVA.. lol j/k bro :)

I can't wait to see this.. I put my source code of my version on source-forge, so if you want to look at it your more then welcome. I'm still working on mine, and so far its getting there nicely.

Its called Server Helper - Server ( Minecraft )
    shserver.sf.net

24. Offline

codename_B

Just realised this is a great way of setting up a donation page :D

Mighty Mackinac likes this.
  25. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. But im going to also use google sites, just so i can have a site that will check on the status of the server. Do you know if there is anyway I can pull info from the server, like list of players, time, and uptime? Also how would I go about checking if the server is up or not on a website?

26. Offline

codename_B

You can use minequeryplus for that, I'm going to include a player list, player stats etc into v0.0.2 of this plugin so bear with me!

Mighty Mackinac likes this.
  27. Offline

Mighty Mackinac

You, sir, are awesome. Seriously. Fucking awesome.

codename_B likes this.
  28. Offline

codename_B

Aww thanks ^^ I like to hear that ;)

29. Offline

Garnith

Awesome! Now I can move some of the stupidly long help text to the website, rather than having it fill the screen with WALLS OF TEXT in game! Thanks!

30. Offline

hi00ih

This. Is. Kick. Ass. Just what i've always wanted. any way you can make it handle like 3 pages?