Advanced pickpocket plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PapiDimmi, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PapiDimmi

Based on SethBling's BlingPickpocket plugin. SethBling's plugin way to simple. I want a pickpocket plugin with a lot of features.

To pickpocket someone, walk up to them REEEAL close. Maybe just right click them when you're close?
    If a player moves, you will be thrown out of the pickpocket menu. Watch SethBling's video for more detail.

- Suggested name: PocketThief

- Blacklist: Certain items can not be pickpocketed. Configure in the config file.
    Config file example:
    "blacklist:
    # - 388"

- Whitelist: Only certain items can be pickpocketed, and everything else cannot. Configure in the config file.
    Config file example:
    "whitelist:
    # - 264"

- Speed: Configure the speed the items move in the config file.
    Config file example:
    "# 0 is the slowest, 9 is the fastest
    speed: <0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9>"

- Cooldown: After you've pickpocketed someone, or tried to, you need to wait a certain amount of time before you can pickpocket again.
    Config file example:
    "# Cooldown in seconds
    enable-cooldown: false
    cooldown time: 20"

- Surprise: All the different items moving around in the "<player>'s Pocket" inventory all look the same, all looking like an item you can configure in the settings (since icons like question marks are not available in server side plugins), for example a golden nugget, indicating that it's a valuable, even though it can be anything. This can be toggled in the config file.
    Config file example:
    "surprise-mode: <true/false>"

- Item: Instead of going up to a person to pickpocket, you must go up to them and right click with a special item to pickpocket. You won't lose the item.
    Config file example:
    "require-item: false
    required-item: 369"

- Signs: Enable or disable signs in the config. (scroll down a little bit to see what I mean by signs)
    Config file example:
    "# Allow people to buy pickpocket immunity from signs.
    immunity-sign: true
    # Allow people to buy the ability to pickpocket from signs. (if false, everyone can pickpocket, except people with the permission node pocketthief.restrict)
    pickpocket-ability-sign: false

- Permissions:
    # pocketthief.* - all permissions
    # pocketthief.signs.* - can place and use all [PocketThief] signs
    # pocketthief.signs.use.* - can use all [PocketThief] signs
    # pocketthief.signs.use.immunity - can use the [PocketThief] Immunity signs
    # pocketthief.signs.use.pickpocket - can use the [PocketThief] Pickpocket signs
    # pocketthief.signs.create.* - can create all [PocketThief] signs
    # pocketthief.signs.create.immunity - can create the [PocketThief] Immunity sign
    # pocketthief.signs.create.pickpocket - can create the [PocketThief] Pickpocket sign
    # pocketthief.immune - cannot be pickpocketed
    # pocketthief.restrict - cannot pickpocket other people
    # pocketthief.commands - can use commands
    # pocketthief.noitem - can pickpocket people even without the required item
    # pocketthief.nocooldown - can pickpocket people without a cooldown

- Commands:
    (PS: "pt" stands for "PocketThief")
    /pt toggle - Toggle if you can get pickpocketed or not. This can be a command that only certain people/groups can use, for example donators, moderators, admins, etc.
    /pt toggle <player> - Same as above, but can toggle other player's ability to get pickpocketed. This can be a command only for staff, like admins and owner(s).
    /pt restrict <player> - Remove the ability to pickpocket other players from a player. This can be a command just for admins and owner(s) as well.
    /pt <player> - Pickpocket a player without rightclicking the player, no matter where the player is. This can also be a command only for donators or staff.
    /pt <off/on> - Turn off or on the PocketThief plugin for the whole server. A command for the admins and owner(s).
    /pt reload - Reload the PocketThief config file in game. Every plugin has this. A command for the owner(s).

- Buy immunity: By placing a sign down, (normal) players can buy the ability to not get pickpocketed for a set amount of time.
    Example:
    Line 1 - [PocketThief]
    Line 2 - Immunity
    Line 3 - 3h
    Line 4 - 100
    *Line 1 being the command (always being just [PocketThief] in all capital letters with the brackets).
    *Line 2 being either "Immunity" or "Pickpocket", depending on what the player should be able to buy from that sign, in this case Immunity (to being pickpocketed).
    *Line 3 being the time period it will work. "m" being minutes, "h" being hours, "d" being days, "w" being weeks, capital "M" being months, "y" being years and just blank being forever, in this example being 3 hours.
    *Line 4 being the cost, in this example being a hundred dollars (or whatever you call your server valuta). For this, you'd need Vault and an economy plugin, like iConomy, Essentials Economy, etc.
    Only admins and owner(s) should be able to make signs. Maybe moderators as well.

- Buy pickpocket ability: What if no (normal) players had the ability to pickpocket other players normally, but you'd have to buy it to do it.
    By placing a sign down, (normal) players could buy the ability to pickpocket other players, similar to the feature above, being able to buy the immunity of being pickpocketed.
    Line 1 - [PocketThief]
    Line 2 - Pickpocket
    Line 3 - 1w
    Line 4 - 1000
    *Line 1 being the command (always being just [PocketThief] in all capital letters with the brackets).
    *Line 2 being either "Immunity" or "Pickpocket", depending on what the player should be able to buy from that sign, in this case (the ability to) Pickpocket (other players).
    *Line 3 being the time period it will work. "m" being minutes, "h" being hours, "d" being days, "w" being weeks, capital "M" being months, "y" being years and just blank being forever, in this example being 1 week.
    *Line 4 being the cost, in this example being a thousand dollars (or whatever you call your server valuta). Leave blank for it to be free. For this, you'd need Vault and an economy plugin, like iConomy, Essentials Economy, etc.
    Only admins and owner(s) should be able to make signs. Maybe moderators as well.

2. Skyrim.

bluekelp likes this.
  3. Offline

PapiDimmi

Um, sorry?

4. Offline

PapiDimmi

5. Offline

DotDash

Why don't you just use SethBling's plugin then?

Nedinator likes this.
  6. Offline

PapiDimmi

Did you even read a single line of my post? As said, SethBling's plugin allows anyone to pickpocket anyone. No configuration, permissions, anything. You understand? That's why I want a bigger PickPocket plugin.

7. Offline

PapiDimmi

-bump- :mad:

8. Offline

PapiDimmi

9. Offline

undeaD_D

Challenge accepted ^^

PapiDimmi likes this.
  10. Offline

PapiDimmi

11. Offline

undeaD_D

PapiDimmi
    sry im not going to code this ...
    i got no real problem with coding it, but it would take too much freetime ...
    because of the complex events etc.
    and it doesn't seem that i get any reward, that i could work towards ...

dont understand me wrong. im coding for fun ... and i dont really want any reward etc.

i still will be updating the other pluginrequest (OHKO-Arrows) on request
    and i hope you will find someone else for this awesome plugin idea ;)

good luck

12. Offline

PapiDimmi

undeaD_D
    I see. Alrighty, then. Too bad!

I would pay you if I were allowed, but you're not allowed to pay for plugins on Bukkit Forums. (to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't really pay)

I really do hope somebody else will give this plugin life any time soon.

Too bad undeaD_D didn't bother to make this. Made me really unhappy.

I really, o' really, hope that somebody is willing to create this kind of plugin any time soon!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
    undeaD_D likes this.
  13. Offline

PapiDimmi

14. Offline

Gerov

If I was still on Summer break I would take a shot at this, but I have way too much to do at the moment, school and a massive custom plugin for a friend really takes up a lot of time. :l.

15. Offline

PapiDimmi

If you can't help, you don't really have to comment.

Well, too bad, though. I really wish that somebody are willing to make this any time soon! [pig]

16. Offline

GEOFBOT

PapiDimmi I might give this a shot, but there are no promises. This plugin request is very complex and it will take a while especially with school and what not. But if I do get around to doing this I'll try and satisfy all the features.

PapiDimmi and undeaD_D like this.
  17. Offline

PapiDimmi

I highly appreciate that, my friend.
    I hope that you will create the plugin in all its glory.

I am really excited, and I hope that you're willing to make it! :)

18. Offline

GEOFBOT

PapiDimmi /pt might not be a good command alias, since it would conflict with powertool in Essentials. /pktf would solve this, but it seems cumbersome and hard to remember.

PapiDimmi With the rough waves and what not surrounding Bukkit DMCA takedown etc. I think it might be wise to wait out the storm. The situation is still unclear and no one knows for sure if Bukkit will survive or if everyone will transition to the new Sponge project, which has a different API. Thus, I'd rather not start a big project and have to deal with porting. Sorry about that (I just found out about the drama today)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  19. Offline

PapiDimmi

GEOFBOT Why the heck not? You can still run a 1.7.10 server, mate.

20. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Developer preferences?

21. Offline

PapiDimmi

22. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Developers can choose whether they make something or not. GEOFBOT choose not to make this due the fact of the recent changes on Bukkit

GEOFBOT likes this.
  23. Offline

PapiDimmi

timtower GEOFBOT Oh, I see.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully somebody else will create this plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.