Alert on reply to your comment request.

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by McLuke500, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

McLuke500

I'm writing on iPad, I not sure if this is already a requested feature for bukkit dev but I would like to be notified of when someone replys to my comment on my project or any project I comment on because I hate getting email notifications of the replys I do to people on my own projects as I have to subscribe to them just to see when there's a comment. I really like the way on forums how if someone replies to you, you get an alert and how you can tag people as many times on a project I just wanted to do javoris767 for a good plugin but I can't. Also if you make a ticket on a project and the manager replys or changes the status how are you alerted?

Sorry if I'm being stupid :/

2. Offline

chaseoes

This post is part of my "make BukkitDev a better place for all [redflower]" campaign, since it's been nearly three weeks since I posted a thread asking a very specific question which was never answered by any Bukkit staff. As such, I will do what I said I would do in that thread, since I will assume the answer to my question is no.
    ---

BukkitDev offers the ability to "subscribe" to projects, and receive notifications on file updates, comment updates, and ticket updates. I have some suggestions I would like to suggest which I feel would make the subscription system better.

More Delivery Methods
    Currently you can only receive the subscription notifications through email. You should also be able to get them directly via the BukkitDev site, much like you can with PM's, and much like you can with the forum alerts here. A separate notifications or alerts page where you get notified in the top bar like PM's would be great.

More Available Subscriptions
    It would be great to be able to subscribe to other things instead of just comments, tickets, and file updates. We should also be able to subscribe to new pages and new images.

No Notifications For Your Own Comments
    Self explanatory enough, you shouldn't be notified when you comment on your own project, or if you comment on a project you're subscribed to. Hopefully you're already aware you commented on it.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  3. Offline

McLuke500

I agree 100% chaseoes I made some points like this I'm my thread http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/alert-on-reply-to-your-comment-request.92069/
    I'm just gonna post it here as its sorta linked :D and yours is nicely formatted

I'm writing on iPad, I not sure if this is already a requested feature for bukkit dev but I would like to be notified of when someone replys to my comment on my project or any project I comment on because I hate getting email notifications of the replys I do to people on my own projects as I have to subscribe to them just to see when there's a comment. I really like the way on forums how if someone replies to you, you get an alert and how you can tag people as many times on a project. Also if you make a ticket on a project and the manager replys or changes the status how are you alerted?

4. Offline

chaseoes

I didn't post that in this thread.. it was a completely separate thread unrelated to this one..but someone moved it. :/

5. Offline

McLuke500

I ment I posted it not you I just put my comment on this thread

6. Offline

TnT

I merged the two similar threads. Hope you don't mind. I had to run after I did the merge and did not want to reply without an answer, sorry about pulling a fast one on you.

Notifications is one of the features we really want to have on dev.bukkit.org and is the number one feature we want from Curse (our request includes all you mention chaseoes). At this time, Curse is working on a template system which allows them to customize any curseforge site (of which dev.bukkit.org belongs). Without these templates, any changes made to one Curseforge site affects every single Curseforge site, which becomes a bit of a problem if we want to add better notifications.

Unfortunately, that undertaking has taken them far longer than they expected, causing delays in getting these customized features to the Bukkit community. In the meantime, we have our list of items and stay in constant communication with Curse on the progress being made.

McLuke500 likes this.
  7. Offline

chaseoes

Well, I would think better notifications would benefit all Curseforge sites. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.