Allied Mobs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Red_Jay, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Offline

Red_Jay

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: AlliedMobs

What I want: I'd like a plugin that makes it so if a player spawns a mob with a spawn egg, the mob will be an ally but will still attack other players. I would also like it so that if the player is killed the mob will de-spawn as well. Also, if it would be possible for the name of the mob to be changed to something like: "(player)'s Skeleton" or something

Ideas for commands:
    None really necessary.

Ideas for permissions:
    None really necessary
    When I'd like it by: 1-2 Days would be ideal.

2. Offline

Red_Jay

The name for the mob isn't necessary but would be a very nice touch.

3. Offline

Gerov

That'd be a hard plugin to make, I believe it would require re writing the NMS. Correct me if I am wrong.

4. Offline

TGRHavoc

Yes, you're correct. At least that's the only way I can see not making the mob attack its creator...

Gerov I will see what I can do in my spare time..

5. Offline

Red_Jay

Gerov
    TGRHavoc
    Is it still possible though? Perhaps you guys could collaborate on it? (I'n not very familiar with coding)

6. Offline

GigiBeast

Hey, I have an idea but im no't sure (correct me if im wrong, if im true I would like to do this for you!)
    When the player will interact with an egg, we just need to get the type of egg and store it in a variable, then cancel the event (so no mob should be spawning). After, we could spawn a mob at the block the player is looking, set it's name to something like "Red_Jay's Zombie". In the mob targetting event, if the mob custom name contains the name of the player, it can cancel!

I don't know tough for the following part, but what I said can be cool in an arena or something.

7. Offline

Red_Jay

GigiBeast Yes I plan on using this in a kit pvp arena.

8. Offline

GigiBeast

So is my idea good? I think I got it working, but I don't know how to make the mob follow you...

9. Offline

Red_Jay

GigiBeast If the mob doesn't follow you that is okay, it would be a nice addition but it will still be great without that.

10. Offline

GigiBeast

TGRHavoc you are not true, there is a mob targetting event and it can be cancelled

11. Offline

Red_Jay

GigiBeast Here's what I hope it would be:
    - Monsters spawned through spawn eggs won't attack you
    - Monsters spawned through spawn eggs will say "(player)'s (mob name) as their name
    - Monsters spawned through spawn eggs will die when the player dies

12. Offline

GigiBeast

Red_Jay Ill try my best

Red_Jay Is it ok if the mob spawn at the player location? If you know the game Super Smash Bros Brawl, it would be like an help trophy, we use it and the helper spawns where it was used.

Red_Jay do you want me to do it only for hostile mobs (zombie, skeleton...) or for passive mobs also (pig, cow, chicken...)?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  13. Offline

Red_Jay

So I have another plugin called ThrowableSpawnEggs that lets you throw a spawn egg (like a creeper egg) and it throws as far as an egg and then spawns the mob so I'm not sure if that changes anything.

Hostile mobs please

(Spiders, Skeletons, Zombies, Witches, Creepers, etc)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

GigiBeast

Hostile mobs done! Would you like me to do it for ender dragon and wither boss also???

DONE!! Ill post the flile soon (some tweaks to do)

Tested it with throwable spawn eggs, not compatible (you will pawn two mobs instead of one and at the player position). Ill try to implement something similar to throwable spawn egg for you.

Edit: Added a functionality that let you throw the egg like with your other plugin.

15. Offline

Red_Jay

16. Offline

GigiBeast

Here is a full list of all functionnalities (I will update it when I will add something):
    - You can throw spawn eggs!
    - Any hostile mob spawned from egg will have a name that you can configure (%player% for player name, %type% for mob type -> I recommend always having player name because of the next feature)!
    - If you die, all mobs with your name will also die!
    - Mobs with your name can't target you!

----------Permissions----------
    alliedmobs.* -> access to all permissions
    alliedmobs.throw -> permission to throw an egg
    alliedmobs.use -> permission to use spawn eggs to spawn an ally mob, but not to throw the egg (never give alliedmobs.use and alliedmobs.throw permission to the same player, else it won't work!)

Red_Jay are you interested in testing the plugin with me? If yes I can give you my IP and we will play togheter!

17. Offline

Red_Jay

GigiBeast Sure, send it to me in a PM. I will be gone for the next 2 and a half hours though.

18. Offline

GigiBeast

Still tweaking a little things, adding blacklists...

19. Offline

Red_Jay

20. Offline

TGRHavoc

Red_Jay
    I've just had some spare time and have decided to start work on creating this plugin. I have already made a lot of progress and I think you will be pleased with what progress (even though little) I have made. I am currently uploading a video to YouTube showing the basic features I have currently managed to put together in the past couple of hours (Currently only the creeper works).
    If you want to keep in the loop with the progress of the plugin then the source code can be found here.
    I will post the video of my progress when it has uploaded.

21. Offline

Red_Jay

TGRHavoc Sounds cool! Keep me updated.

22. Offline

GigiBeast

Red_Jay
    Sorry for long time, here is my version of the plugin
    TGRHavoc
    Here is the source code for you to continue
    Download

Attached Files:

23. Offline

Red_Jay

GigiBeast Thank you very much, I will try it now.

GigiBeast Okay I've noticed 2 issues so far with the effects part. I tried it with pigs and
    #1 They don't follow you
    #2 When you kill them, you still get the effect

24. Offline

PapiDimmi

25. Offline

Red_Jay

PapiDimmi Not looking for a pet plugin, but thanks for the suggestion. I don't want you to have to use any commands to interact with the mob.

Also your profile picture is.... different.

26. Offline

TGRHavoc

Red_Jay
    I'm pretty much finished with the main hostile mobs (Zombies, Skeletons and Creepers and Witches).
    For some reason Blaze's pathfinders aren't registered like normal mobs are so they do spawn with the players name and everything however, they attack the owner and they don't follow them :( (I'm thinking of doing what GigiBeast did in his plugin and cancel the "onTargetEvent" for the blazes although, I still need to figure out how to make them follow the owner). Source code can be found here for updates. Sorry for the delayed post, been busy.
    Features:
    • Current mobs [Skeletons, Zombies, Witches, Blaze]
    • Zombies attack players who attack their owner and who the owner attack (Something to do with their targeting system might try and fix this in spare time)
    • All Allied mobs follow the owner (Except blaze for reasons above)
    • Skeletons attack any entity who attack their owner and who the owner attacks
    • Witches attack any entity that attacks their owner and who their owner attacks
    • Creepers don't explode at enemy entities (yet) however, their targeting system registers that they need to attack certain entities (like witches and skeletons)
    • On player death all entities with the players name die
    • When player leaves server all of their entities are removed (Prevents crashes because pathfinders are looking for owners last positions and because it doesn't exist it crashes the minecraft clients)
    So.. I'm guessing you want a link right?? So you can test what I have so far...
    Here :D
    NOTE: Might crash minecraft clients that are not 1.7.9 or 1.7.10 (Only tested on these) and this plugin may only work on Bukkit 1.7.9. There may be some bugs... crashes. If you find any PM me and I will try and fix it as soon as I get a chance. :D
    There are no commands and I think (Tell me if i'm wrong) that normally spawning mobs have their default code (So they will attack you). There are no permissions and this was a fun project to work on :)

27. Offline

Red_Jay

TGRHavoc Sounds good.

Also, for passive mobs (like pigs) can you make it so they will follow the player and when they are alive the player will receive a configurable potion effect until the passive mob is killed? And, is that link just a test meaning you are still working on it?

Thanks.

28. Offline

TGRHavoc

Red_Jay
    Yea, sound's like more fun I can have in my free time :D
    And yes, it's a test because I'm still working on it.

29. Offline

Red_Jay

TGRHavoc Awesome. Please keep me updated!

30. Offline

PapiDimmi

My picture is different indeed.

Do you like it? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)