Almighty Chest Sorting Plugin + more

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by IdealIdeas, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Offline

IdealIdeas

I have been using a plugin called Sky Chest which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.
    Now I love the fact you can just left click and have your chest auto sorted, but feel how it sorts the items is very limiting.

Instead here is my idea of for some mechanics of a better sorting plugin.
    - Players use left click on a chest for ordinary sorting.

- Players that left click a chest while holding an item will sort all of that item to the top left. (Example, player holds Iron Ingot then left clicks chest, all iron ingots will be move to upper left corner.)

- Players can use a command before left clicking the chest to auto sort the chest by what they want.
    1. /Sortby Value, sorts items putting the more valuable items at the top and less valuable at bottom.
    2./Sortby Amount, The biggest stacks get put on top.
    3./Sortby Type, Sorts items based on what group they belong to. Example: All rails will be grouped by one another, all redstone devices will be sorted by each other, blocks based on what tool best harvest them gets grouped together and so forth.
    4./Sortby Tooling, Specially designed to neatly align tools based on their materials, durability left, and what enchantments the tool possesses, if its not a tool it would get sorted to the bottom most available slots of the chest.
    5./Sortby Armor, Similar to #4 but made so the Armor pieces are neatly aligned by value, Durability left, and enchantments.

-----Additional Features-----
    - Players can do the command /globalchest which will open a special chest that any and all players can access on the server. (Think of it like a public enderchest, while keeping regular enderchests private)

- Players can do the command /compact then left click a chest and it will, combine any/all items into stacks (if possible), auto-craft all Emeralds, Diamonds, and ingots in to blocks (if possible), and cluster all the items up in a neat and tidy formation.

-Players can stick a sign on a chest labeled [Auto Craft] on line 1, then on line 2,3 and 4 would list items to be auto-crafted, then when the proper amount of ingredients are place in the chest, they will be auto-crafted into any items listed on the sign(s). Example, player puts Bread on line 2, player then adds 60 wheat, that 60 wheat will be auto-crafted into 20 loaves of bread.

2. Offline

makskay

This is a really neat idea, and I'd take the request on myself if I wasn't so busy.

For whoever does program it, it might be useful to think of the sorting in terms of "rules" as does the Inventory Tweaks client mod. A default categorization of items would be defined, and server admins (or perhaps even players) could edit sorting rule files in order to re-categorize items or define the way in which items are sorted.

3. Offline

IdealIdeas

I was thinking that a config file could be added that would allow me to change the values of items so that /SortBy Value would be sorted according to what I had set it to.

Little sad i didnt get much of a bite.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  4. Offline

IdealIdeas