AmazingRPG

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by odielag, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Offline

odielag

Basically, I'm looking for a plugin developer who's willing to take the time to make an mmorpg style rpg plugin for minecraft! I first thank AlbireoX for suggesting mobs get harder the further away a person is from spawn and unusualbob for thinking of some anti-mob grinder measures. Ideas are welcome! Also, if you have a suggestion on how to reformat this article feel free.

---General Idea---
    A person spawns in minecraft and is level 0 (zero), but at spawn so are the mobs around him. As he kills them he levels up but has to venture further from spawn to get to higher level mobs which are more difficult but also provide more xp for him. I'd want this plugin to be able to be customized to match the server/balance the difficulties. Here is what I imagine a config file to such a plugin would look like. (Mind you, I do not know how to program)...

Name Ideas: AmazingRPG, CustomRPG

**Config file variables**

--Player level formula (xp)--
    Xpsetting1: NUMBER (xp it takes to get from level 0 to level 1)
    Xpsetting2: NUMBER (multiplier of xp required for next level compared to last)

Example: Xpsetting1: 100 (xp)
    Xpsetting2: 1.5 (multiplier)
    It takes 10 xp to get from level 0 to level 1, then the xp required for the next level is 1.5(10)*(1{currentlevel}) = 15 {level1player, xp needed to get to next level}

--Mob base xp value--

Mobzombie-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobskeleton-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobspider-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobcreeper-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobghast-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobzombiepigman-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    Mobgiant-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)
    MobWolf(hostile)-basexpvalueSetting: NUMBER (amount of xp a level 0 mob will give to a player once killed)

Example: Mobzombie-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    A player would get 10xp for killing a level 0 zombie mob

--XP attinuation/bonus for fighting above/below your normal fighting area--
    XPattinuationorbonus: NUMBER (Bonus or reduction of xp based on fighting above or below your recommended area.
    Example: XPattinuationorbonus: .4
    If you go into a zone that's 1 level above you you will get .4*normalxp once you kill something, so if you kill a level 4 area zombie and you're level 3 it would grat you 14 xp instead of the usual 10. If it's 2 levels above it would be 1.4^2...= 19.6 xp
    BUT, if you are 1 level below where you should be for your level you get less xp.. Instead of getting 10 xp from a zombie you would get... (1/(1+.4))=.714~... 7.1~ xp.
    Two levels below, (1/(1+.4))^2=0.51~... 5.1 xp

--Units/difficulty gradiant--

Difficultyunitsmeters: NUMBER (distances from spawn before a level increase of mob)

Example: Difficultyunitsmeters: 500
    Every 500 meters from spawn monsters go up 1 level in difficulty from level 0.

Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Attack: NUMBER (This is how much more damage a mob can do per level)
    Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Defense: NUMBER (This is how much less damage a mob takes per level)

Example: Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Attack: .2
    Every level of monster their attack damage goes up by .2 (base attack*(level*.2))
    (if it has to be an intiger, feel free to keep a number stored somewhere and then
    round up from that stored number to the actual mobs damage... Also instead of mobs doing more damage you could also specify that players take more damage from mobs based on their location)

Example: Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Defense: .2
    Every level of monster their defense goes up by .2
    (if Mob's hp can't be increased, you could maybe change how much damage players do to mobs based on the mob's level or the player's location.

--Player Leveling results--
    Playerdamageincreaseperlevel: NUMBER (This is how much more damage a player does per level)
    Playerdefenseincreaseperlevel: NUMBER (This is how much less damage a player takes per level)

Example: Playerdamageincreaseperlevel: .2 (a player does .2*levelofplayer*basedamage to mobs and players)
    Example: Playerdefenseincreaseperlevel: .2 (a player does .2*levelofplayer*basedamage to mobs and players)
    I think I would set the number to match the gradiant of metersfromspawn/moblevels
    The main reason to increase it or decrease the number is to balance players so that
    they are more or less balanced in pvp (because this effects both pvp and pve)... as
    the monster difficulty variable makes pve easier or more difficult.
    Also, if higher level players should survive longer in battle with eachother, the defense increase per level variable could be changed to make that happen.

NOTE: I remember you talked about players being able to choose stats, which sounds like more work for you but could be more fun and add some customization. How that would work I'm not sure, but if you would like me to try to describe that idea I could... Maybe defense and offense skills would have their own ips (improvement points) that would work similarly to xp but for skills.

----Summary of default values----
    Xpsetting1: 100
    Xpsetting2: 1.5
    Mobzombie-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    Mobskeleton-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    Mobspider-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    Mobcreeper-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    Mobghast-basexpvalueSetting: 15
    Mobzombiepigman-basexpvalueSetting: 15
    Mobgiant-basexpvalueSetting: 30
    MobWolf(hostile)-basexpvalueSetting: 10
    XPattinuationorbonus: .4
    Difficultyunitsmeters: 500
    Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Attack: .2
    Difficultyofmobsperlevel-Defense: .2
    Playerdamageincreaseperlevel: .2
    Playerdefenseincreaseperlevel: .2

----Example of how it would play at spawn----
    A level 0 player at spawn would do and take the same damage as stock minecraft and so would the mobs around them.

A level 1 player (he leveled up from killing 10 zombies) ventures to between 500-1000 from spawn. With the default values it would again feel like he's a normal minecrafter killing mobs, though if he goes back to 0-500 from spawn he would feel the increase of 20% more damage and 20% more defense rating (20% of damage to the player is not counted)

----Example of how long it would take to solo like a normal player at 5500-6000, the map limits----
    So, one question is, how long until a player is able to solo at 5500-6000 from spawn (the limits of the world on this server {the limits of the world are based on me wanting the world folder size to be 4.1gb on the hard drive when fully explored to 8000m from spawn. I set borderguard to limit people to going to 6000 from spawn about. Based on my crude math it would take about 100 hours of killing to be able to solo at 7000-7500

Based on the default values, it would take this many zombie kills to level up. If it took a minute per zombie it would take about this long to level up...
    (current level)(zombie kills on that level to get to the next level/minutes to get to next level):suitable range from spawn

0: 10: 0-500
    1: 15: 500-1000
    2: 22.5: 1000
    3: 33.75: 1500
    4: 50.625: 2000
    5: 75.9375:
    6: 113.90625: 3000
    7: 170.859375:
    8: 256.2890625: 4000
    9: 384.43359375:
    10: 576.650390625: 5000
    11: 864.9755859375:
    12: 1297.46337890625: 6000
    13: 1946.195068359375:
    14: 2919.2926025390625: 7000

To be able to fight at 3000-3500 would take about 321 (321.71875) zombie kills or about 5 hours 21 minutes of killing 1 zombie a minute to achieve the level required to kill there easily.

About healing...: With all the healing required for players, it makes me think that there should be some method for players to heal themselves magically or have similar effect. One plugin that worked was "magicspells" that used a stick as the tool and redstone as the fuel to heal yourself or others. It worked well, so I could reinstall it. It has a nice feature where a person could bind their spell to any item/weapon; but the default key was left mouse click, which doesn't work for a sword (the right mouse click switched between spells).... BUT, we could use magicspells so people could heal themselves easier.

Jbush's idea: jbush2404 told me an idea, but I wouldn't want to overload you already before a preliminary plugin is made. His idea is to have multiple starting towns and the difficulty emanating out from them, but this would complicate things I'm sure.

wiki about player/mob damage: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Health_and_Damage
    It seems SMP is the column of "easy" damage

XP/Stats command: command to check the xp/stats and possibly difficulty level of area.

Leveling Animation: every time someone levels it should be a big deal somehow. Maybe they could get god, be fully healed, lightning could strike them (doing no damage because of god hopefully) and then 10 seconds later god would wear off. There should be corresponding text congratulating them on their new found level.

--------SPELLS--------

There are three spells I'd like to add...

Lightning bolt (called Zap in easyrpg) that works like in the plugin easyrpg (is on test server) would be wonderful... but I'd like it to obey pvp disabled flags from worldguard, factions or towny.
    *This particular plugin uses mana, but I think it could be changed to redstone like the magicspells plugin... I just really like the idea of spamming snowballs on a target and once the target is hit lightning strikes!
    *needed modification from easyrpg: Easyrpg's lightning bolt didn't consider worldguard's "/region flag __global__ pvp deny" when factions was installed.

If Heal could work like in the plugin magicspells (heals other person if they are in crosshairs and uses redstone as a fuel)...
    If Prayer could work like the plugin in magicspells (heals yourself using redstone as fuel)....
    *A nice addition would be allowing the functionality of magicspells to bind to any weapon/item BUT ALSO have the choice to use right click instead of left click to activate the spell.

------Mitigation against Grinding------
    Running around killing mobs should be encouraged, sitting at a mobtrap safely killing mobs should be discouraged. Maybe every time someone kills a mob the next mob they kill in 20 seconds gives them 30% less xp so that if you just grind mobs you will start to get almost no xp, but 20 seconds of not killing and running at least a certain distance would refresh the anti-mobtrap xp limiter.

EDIT on July 13:

-----Some possible future skills-----
    Sneak, LeavesBox, PetMob, Party/Teams/shared xp, RunSpeed, HotBuff, RightClickPunchKick, ArrowAOE, LightningAOE, Debuffs, ArrowFlightSpeed, ArrowAutoshootRate

2. Offline

DrBowe

I...I approve of this.
    And I *think* I might just be able to work on this for you...
    I have an RPG plugin that I was working on, but I'd be willing to 'modify it' to work around your conditions, and maybe even show you what I've got so far (It already has some fancy level-up animation, along with a surplus of fancy skills)

PM me, I'd love to work this out with you.

3. Offline

odielag

Just sent you a conversation message... Hopefully we can talk... *odielag waits on mumble.