Aniti-Teaming PvP

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by NitroFox0, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Offline

NitroFox0

Is there anyway that a plugin that stops people from teaming up on people can be made ? Is there already a plugin for this ?

2. Offline

BrianGamesLOL

I don't think this can be stopped.

Think of how you would get this to work?
    How would it tell if someone was teaming? Maybe someone is getting rid of competition and unless they are hacking they HAVE to hit one person at a time.
    What would it do if innocent people get banned or killed or kicked from your server?

This plugin is in fact impossible. Sorry to say.

(Personal experience)
    I was playing an event on a server, it was a server PvP event where around 50 people went into a maze and preformed ffa (Free for all). I and my friend had the usernames BrianGamesLOL & RichardGamesLOL, he passed the corner of the maze by me and I did the same we barely hit each other and the owner assumed because of that we were teaming so he /killed us.

3. Offline

Freelix2000

BrianGamesLOL
    Close to impossible, but not completely. It could detect how often a player is near another player in PVP, and if it sees that two players have been by each other for a long time, hitting others but never hitting each other, it will flag them as teaming.
    NitroFox0
    To make sure they are in a PVP area, what should the plugin look for? WorldGuard regions flagged with the PVP allowed flag?

4. Offline

billytheDOLPHIN

NitroFox0 BrianGamesLOL Freelix2000 You could set up a system where once a player hits another player they are locked into pvp together and can't attack anyone but each other and no one can attack them (except their opponent.) You could make it so this PVP effect is only disabled after 10 seconds of them not hitting each other!

5. Offline

Freelix2000

billytheDOLPHIN
    Well, while that might eliminate teaming, it would also limit free-for-all PVP. Players should not be able to team together intentionally, but maybe a bow sniper or another PVPer might want to join the fun and they wouldn't be able to even though they were not in a team with anyone.

6. Offline

TheWolfBadger

NitroFox0 The only possible way this could be done is with what billytheDOLPHIN said. I can make this for you using his idea if you would like. In more detail, how it works is: When they hit a player, the player and themselves become invisible to all other players and they can only see each other. This ensures that there are no teams; therefore pure 1v1s all the time for pvp. - Jack PS: Hit me up with a Tahg on here if you would like me to complete this plugin. ;)

7. Offline

billytheDOLPHIN

A bow sniper having fun is still essentially teaming....

8. Offline

Freelix2000

Not really. I think that teaming refers to 2 players with an agreement that they have made to not kill each other and always team on the same victims. A sniper interfering with a fight and picking on one of them in a fight is not really teaming.

9. Offline

billytheDOLPHIN

Well this plugin is basically impossible to make then if that's how you look at it.

10. Offline

TheWolfBadger

billytheDOLPHIN Freelix2000 It is possible with this way:
    NitroFox0 Would you like me to make this or no?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  11. Offline

NitroFox0

TheWolfBadger
    Yes, that would be perfect! Sorry i didn't reply for some reason i wasn't following this post with my email.

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  12. Offline

ZodiacTheories

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  13. Offline

TheWolfBadger

NitroFox0 Great! I will start work on it tonight and hopefully finish it soon enough tomorrow! :)

14. Offline

TheWolfBadger

I have finished the plugin! It is currently awaiting approval and can be found over here! :) - Jack

NitroFox0

NitroFox0 likes this.
  15. Offline

ShearsSheep

Well you could remove all nametags, and change the skin of the players? :/