Any chance of updated Game Version tags?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by desht, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

desht

When uploading a new plugin release, I noticed the latest Game Version tags are "CB-1.7.2-R0.3" and a plain "1.7.4" tag - nothing for newer CB releases (1.7.6, 1.7.8, 1.7.9).

Given that the release I'm uploading is specifically intended for those newer releases (UUID changes...), any chances of tags being added for them? I'm sure I'm not the only one scrambling to add UUID support right now :)

Spectre93 and ZachBora like this.
  2. Offline

Spectre93

I was just coming here to make this very same post, thanks, I would like them to be updated soon as well.

3. Offline

TnT

We only update the tags for CraftBukkit Betas or Recommended Builds. The other tags are for Minecraft mods hosted by Curse, which we do not update.

4. Offline

desht

OK, fair enough. Any possibility, then, of a generic "Development CraftBukkit Release" or similar?

I'd like to make it as clear as possible to users that the latest version of my plugin shouldn't really be used with CB releases earlier than 1.7.6 (due to the way it stores and looks up player names & UUIDs), but at the same time I want to get the new releases out there so server owners who are testing the new CB dev releases can offer me some feedback.

5. Offline

ZachBora

desht I'm in his shoes...

6. Offline

Alshain01

I must agree with desht. We are required to choose a version and in this case we must choose a version we know will not work with the file we are uploading.

7. Offline

ZachBora

I ended up uploading as cb 1.7.2 but specified in the filename that it was 1.7.9

8. Offline

TnT

The Game Version has been updated to include CB 1.7.9-R0.1. You can edit your recent files and add this Game Version, and does not require any BukkitDev approvals to do so.

CaptainBern and desht like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.