Application Port Mapper - The Easy Way To Forward Ports

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by ImminentFate, Jun 20, 2012.

?

Did you find this tool helpful?

1. Yes

68.7%
  2. No

31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ImminentFate

[​IMG]

Overview:
    This tool will let you forward ports without requiring access to a router, provided your router supports UPnP. Most modern routers do support this, so it should not be an issue for most.
    The tool does not only have to be used for Minecraft/Bukkit. It can be used to forward ports for any game or software program.

Download
    REQUIRES .NET 4
    How to Use:
    The tool was designed to be easy to use, so there isn't any complicated terminology in it. To forward a port, all you have to do is specify the type of port (protocol) , the port number, and add a name.

[​IMG]

The program will show currently open ports, and the example shows the information required to forward Minecraft or CraftBukkit through the router. To remove an assignment, simply right click it, and select "Remove Port Mapping"

Note, however, that if your firewall prevents Java (or the program that needs access to the port) from accessing the internet, you will need to allow it through the firewall for this to work. That also applies if you are opening ports manually.
    Also, depending on your router, you may have to re-open the port after a period of time.

Planned Features:
    • Adding a range of ports
    • Allow the program to make a firewall exception for the program you want to forward
    • Editing of a map without having to delete it first.

2. Offline

Bertware

This is going to help a lot of people :)
    Firewall would be tricky though, as lots of people aren't using different firewalls.
    (Now I have something to redirect people with port forwarding issues to :) )

Only issue I experienced while testing is that I had to remove the created port twice.
    I added the port, then I clicked remove, and while the list refreshed it was still there.
    The second time it was removed.
    I'd also mention the delete function somewhere in the program ;)
    How does it react if a router doesn't support uPnP?

3. Offline

kingcole436

Having a problem using this, whenever I put in the information to forward a port, I get "The specified details are not valid".

I chose the protocol, port and put in a description, I added it to my allow list for my firewall, ran it as administrator, and still no luck.

Here is what im entering in:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

4. Offline

MCTerraria

Show Spoiler

i am having the same problem as well

5. Offline

hawkfalcon

6. Offline

Bertware

Does your router support UPnP?
    Works fine for me. I run windows 7, I'm administrator on my computer but didn't click "run as administrator".
    You need .NET4, btw.

ImminentFate:
    Maybe add the .NET 4 requirement in the OP, with a link to the download page for .NET?

You could try running it using mono.

7. Offline

caloletti

Working for me...Good job! :)

8. Offline

MCTerraria

i am not sure if my router can run UPNP, how do i figure that out?

9. Offline

kingcole436

Yeah, I have UPnP enabled and .NET 4 installed, checked and working, far as I can tell.

(Incase I did indeed do something wrong, here are my router options for UPnP: [​IMG]

I would recommended to you portforward.com. Once there, go to routers, find your router, and then somewhere you should be able to find where you can get into your router to enable UPnP if it is disabled.

To find out how to get in, try selecting any application from the list once you find your router then just follow the steps up until you have logged into your router. Hope this helps. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  10. Offline

chaseoes

ImminentFate Not working for me either, says "The specified details are not vaild", and I clearly have UPnP enabled.

11. Offline

hawkfalcon

12. Offline

ImminentFate

It does remove the map the first time, it just takes time for the signal to go to the router.
    I know upnp may be an issue, but in today's day and age most routers have it

It's written in .net, and hooks into the windows networking API. So I'm not sure you could convert it to Mac

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  13. Offline

hawkfalcon

Okay... Ill see if I can do it another way:)

14. Offline

ImminentFate

Yeah, sorry I couldn't help, but try looking for a suitable network library in Mac to hook into with your coding, and it may be easier.

15. Offline

hawkfalcon

Okay! Lol I thought I found something, but I accidentally ended up making my computer a router...

TechTeller96 and Omnitv like this.
  16. Offline

ImminentFate

bahahahaha

17. Offline

hawkfalcon

Not funny^.^

18. Offline

gabgab789

What is port mapper even supposed to do? See my problem was that no one can join my hamachi server other than me and they are connected to my network but they STILL can't join. I was recommended POrt Mapper but I have no idea what the heck it is

19. Offline

ImminentFate

It's for port forwarding, so that you don't need to use hamachi. Have a look at my port forwarding / hamachi tutorial if you need help.

20. Offline

Cowboys1919

I use "Port Map" on mac, works great, Here's a link

Archarin likes this.
  21. Offline

hawkfalcon

Thank you so much:D I may be able to make an automatic port forewarder for Mac!:D

22. Offline

moopoomaster

I put in exactly the same details as you but it says, 'The specified details are not valid.' Any help would be great, thanks.

23. Offline

ImminentFate

Your router probably doesn't support upnp, or it's disabled. Check your router settings.

24. Offline

moopoomaster

To be honest, I don't actually know where to find the settings. I also tried to follow the manual instructions, 'You will need to allow connection to the port 25565. This can be found under "Services", "Ports", or whatever your router calls the setting.' But I couldn't find 'Ports'. And thanks for the reply, I usually don't get one :)

And when you guys talk about a router, do you mean a router or a modem, because I don't have a router?

25. Offline

chaseoes

If you don't have a router then I think you have bigger issues...

26. Offline

moopoomaster

Why? Everyone in my house connects straight to the modem, we don't need a router.

27. Offline

TnT

Security. You want a hardware firewall between you and the interwebs.

28. Offline

moopoomaster

But doesn't a router just make it possible to add more devices to your internet, or to your modem?
    According to my brother a modem can be classified as a router as well as a modem so that might help.

29. Offline

ImminentFate

hang on. Do you have wireless access to your house?
    And as you say, you have more than one computer connecting to it, so I would guess that what you have is a modem/router combo (I have one of those). These are pretty much two devices in one. Now, would you like to PM me, and I can help with setup? I can run you through some manual steps, or I can assist you over Teamviewer.

30. Offline

Jade

On top of that, juts in case you'd like to know, the wireless that Qwest/CenturyLink gives out, is a combo like you said. I have a Zyxel from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.