[REQ] Armor crafting - materials, defense, and durability

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by kalez, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Offline

kalez

Ive searched for this one for quite a while now with no luck...

- Define what materials are needed by id to make a certain type of armor in config (the crafting table slots would still be the same)
    - Define an armors durability in config, unbreakable = -1
    - Define an armors damage absorption in config, makes player invincible = -1
    - Add permissions if you want for crafting a certain type of armor, but dont require them/anyone can make any armor by default.
    - If you want to go even further, add in a speed or jumping variable, as in the armor can make you slower/jump less, or faster/jump farther, depending if its a + or - number, 0 being normal, obviously.
    - Anything else you want.
    - Release to the public if you wish

When i thought of this i was mostly thinking about Chainmail since it isnt craftable and is as weak as gold armor. Sure there are other crafting plugins, but none to make it stronger. I could see this being stronger than diamond by using obsidian as a material, or something off the wall, like sponge: it breaks very quickly, but you take no damage at all, etc. It has so many possibilities.

Please i would really like to see Chainmail have a purpose.

2. Offline

thepig

Any name suggestions?

3. Offline

kalez

ArmorCraft i guess since that is exactly what it is doing :p

Edit: Also, you might want to include the default durability and defense for all the armors so we/people know what to change numbers to in the config compared to the other armors. Like if i wanted to make it stronger than diamond, how would i know what diamond was in the first place :p

And i just noticed your avatar... lol hilarious!

4. Offline

thepig

Thanks, I just took a look at the coding of CustomCrafting, I think that'll help me make this plugin. I'm off for the night, I'll give you an update some other day.

5. Offline

kalez

Cool. Im just so surprised this has not been made, considering how long chainmail has been around, and with all the other crafting plugins out there.

6. Offline

BioRage

Only the default armor, not custom ones right?

I don't believe you can edit the durability for now, at least on the bukkit side of things.

This may aid the Dev:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/armor-durability.36809/

7. Offline

kalez

8. Offline

Twebby95

Not a bad idea :) seems useful on a pvp server. I hope you are going to make this plugin available to everyone so i can use it on my server xD

9. Offline

kalez

Yeah, i'm not selfish lol. Most of my ideas are for the good of everyone, not always cause i need it. Its things that should have been done and i'm surprised it hasn't been made already.

10. Offline

thepig

Thanks for the thread, it'll definitely help.

11. Offline

Twebby95

This plugin needs to be made!! :D i am desperate for it! My server needs it :p

12. Offline

Technius

ItemStack i = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_BOOTS, 1);
    i.setDurability(-1);

13. Offline

Twebby95

Is that a success? ^
    (the code u got not the achievement)

14. Offline

kalez

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

15. Offline

kalez

Hows this coming along?

16. Offline

thepig

Is it alright if I leave out the armor absorption part? I'm not exactly so sure on how to change that, I'll might add that later.

17. Offline

kalez

well, i guess its better than nothing for the moment :p, as long as durability can be adjusted.

Edit: Any progress? Just curious, no rush.

18. Offline

thepig

Got a couple errors on customizing the crafting, but changing the durability works.

19. Offline

kalez

Sweet! Progress is progress :D

Edit: honestly, if you cant get anything else to work right in the end, just being able to adjust how "good" chainmail or other armors are is enough. The focus here is to make chainmail worth while, and that would do at least a little :p

20. Offline

thepig

A couple things I have to say: All that's left is to set up the configuration files, BUT I probably have to release this next year because of Christmas, I'm sick(thanks to my friend :/), and I'm getting a new computer, which means I have to import everything. Also, "damage absorption" will probably be the configurable number of armor icons, due to the change in armor from the 1.8 or 1.0 update(not sure which one).

21. Offline

kalez

Awesome! Again, no rush, so that is perfectly fine! Great to hear all of this!

22. Offline

Lanuk

Omg, I just made a post about something very similar a few weeks ago. Please don't halt development, you will become famous XD

23. Offline

kalez

Im trying :p I really wish i could figure out how to make these myself. I hate having to rely on people.

24. Offline

Lanuk

Ikr, I know a bit of java, and im trying to figure out the bukkit API, but I just cant seem to figure out how to do this :p

25. Offline

kalez

I know some java too, but its the compiler programs, like eclipse that i cant seem to have enough patience to understand :p spent a good 2 hours messing around with the thing, and by the end i was in a rage lol

26. Offline

thepig

Problem I haven't noticed which makes this plugin impossible to make with spout. I just realized that I can't set the durability to be greater than what it's set in the game, which means this plugin won't really work :/ As for customizing the crafting of armor, you could use this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mi...stom-crafting-and-furnace-recipes-1060.15685/
    As for how "good" the armor is...I'm not so sure on how to change that, maybe spout again? :(

27. Offline

kalez

really? that sucks. ive been avoiding spout for a while now. tried it when it first came out and i just dont think we are ready for it yet. but that custom crafting, i was considering that recently, i just dont know if its worth it just for 2-3 recipes :p

Well, if you cant get it, at least your tried. Shit happens. Who knows, maybe someone else can chip in again and give us the answer.

28. Offline

thepig

yeah, there is no way to set the maximum amount of durability of an item, you can destroy it before it would break, but that's all you can do, at least that's what I'm thinking....

29. Offline

kalez

What about what technius posted above:

Code:
    ItemStack i = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_BOOTS, 1);
     i.setDurability(-1);
    or does that only work for unbreakable armor or something?

30. Offline

thepig

Well technically if you only did that, it wouldn't work. You would first have to have the plugin find the iron boots in your inventory, then set it's durability. It would probably be infinite, and only work for infinite, because rebooting the server will cause the server to run the plugin again, thus putting the iron boots back to the durability you set it to. Another thing, if you set the durability to a positive number, it would set the boots' current durability, not it's maximum.