Armour/Sword Levels

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ketchupcoke, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ketchupcoke

Hey guys, I don't think any plugin like this has been done (properly) for 1.7+, if I am wrong please correct me.

What I would like: A plugin that prevents players from wearing different materials of armour and swords unless they have a certain experience level. (If you could hook the level to the SkillAPI plugin, that would be fantastic, but it is not necessary). Players should not be able to right-click to wear armour. As for swords, I would like it so that if a player does not have the required level, the sword does 1 damage.

If a player does not have the required level to wear or use a tool, a customisable message should be sent to them (with colour codes).

Specifically for my server, material requirements are:
    ====================
    Gold: Level 8
    Chain/Stone sword: Level 8
    Iron: Level 16
    Diamond: Level 24
    ====================

2. Offline

ketchupcoke

3. Offline

filbert66

I recently added "don't equip" armor or weapons to Enchant Limiter, so I'm familiar with how to get it done, including right-clicking for armor, but I'm questioning the usefulness of what you are asking. What happens if I use up XP after enchanting/anvil, can I no longer use the item in question? Also "no equip" of swords plus "does only one damage if not enough XP" conflict with one another; which do you want??

4. Offline

RuthlessRage

This is a stupid idea

5. Offline

ketchupcoke

Note that this is not a plugin request that will be useful to any basic servers that don't have complicated custom armour/weapons systems or classes. The reason I made a plugin request was specifically for my server, however other people may find it useful too. I guess you are the kind of person that makes "minigame" plugin requests and spams these forums with "sheep quest alien exterminator". Also, please stay out of the conversation as saying "this is a stupid idea" is not adding anything to it. Thank you

My server uses the experience bar as a means of displaying the character's combat level. This does not go down. I already have limitations for every other kind of armour, apart from default vanilla (when crafted). This is different from any other armour as it has no (readable, only displayed) lore, which other plugins can detect to prevent the use of armour/weapons so they do not work. As for swords, they only need to deal 1 damage when the experience level is not met.

Basically, because vanilla armour is the lowest-levelled armour in the game, all I need is for all diamond armour, for example, to require at least level 24 to equip. If the diamond armour is say enhanced and actually needs level 30, I have other plugins that can read that lore and which will block it.

6. Offline

RuthlessRage

exp is meant for enchanting stop trying to copy my server

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

And what if they don't even know your server? And then you said stupid idea about a request that you already have on your server...

8. Offline

RuthlessRage

my plugins are copyrighted. i have made other servers remove their plugin and or sued. think of your own ideas

9. Offline

Like I said: what if they don't know your server? Pretty much everybody that knows rpg games will recognize this system.
    Also: where is your copyright stuff then?

10. Offline

Mathias Eklund

RuthlessRage What's the name of your server then? I'd love to know it.

timtower likes this.
  11. Offline

Couldn't find a website with the words in his signature.
    Please prove the fact that you copyrighted those plugins. RuthlessRage

12. RuthlessRage I did not know you did have a server, i dont kno you.
    But i did make a rpg xp level and armor system.
    And you have copyright on your plugins? W00t Nice man!
    RuthlessRage where can i get it i wanna have copyright on a PlayerJoinServer plugin so none can have a it!
    And for those who reads this IT WAS MY IDEA DONT STEAL MY JOIN SERVER IDEA!

- TheLegendOffPabu

timtower likes this.
  13. Offline

Necrodoom

Why would someone want to copy a stupid server?

Also, you don't own the idea of levelled equipment, so don't bother trying to claim ownership.

drpk and timtower like this.
  14. Offline

ZachBora

I just made a server where you break and place blocks. I'll sue any server doing the same!
    [/sarcasm]

timtower likes this.
  15. Offline

Kato233

I don't think you can copyright something like this, considering you don't own bukkit.

ketchupcoke I can make this if you need it still. Not sure if it will work with other plugins though.

16. Offline

ketchupcoke

Well that got out of hand rather quickly, lol. I have no idea what server he runs/if he even owns a server and I know many other servers that use this system. Kato233 that would be great, and don't worry if it's about the experience bar, I have that covered.

17. Offline

Kato233

ketchupcoke

Okay the plugin is finished. Just uploading it to the BukkitDev plugin list. I have yet to test it cause I am not at my office and don't have a server locally.

Logically, everything seems sound.

18. Offline

ketchupcoke

Kato233 Awesome man, I appreciate it :)

19. Offline

Kato233

20. Offline

ketchupcoke

<3 if you want I can notify you when my server starts up in alpha, to see it in action
    People like you make the bukkit community what it is/was. Thank you.

21. Offline

Kato233

Any time. Glad I could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.