BeaconChest

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Red_Jay, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Offline

Red_Jay

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: BeaconChest

What I want: I'd like a plugin that makes it so if a chest is directly on a beacon the beacon will activate IF the chest has at least 1 item in it, but will DEACTIVATE if there are no items in it. Also, I'd like there to be a simple config section that allows me to change the effect the beacon applies when activated. It would be best if it is made so there doesn't have to be diamond/iron etc blocks under the beacon for it to activate.
    2nd Part is not required, but would be cool.

Ideas for commands:
    None really necessary.

Ideas for permissions:
    None really necessary
    When I'd like it by: 1-2 Days would be ideal.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Red_Jay We can't control this with bukkit. The beam is handled client side.

3. Offline

Red_Jay

timtower It's not possible perhaps regenerate the beacon or something so the beam goes off?

EDIT: So what I mean is like I have a 3x3x1 diamond block pattern under the beacons that activate them, but what if the plugin detected when the chest was empty and set the block under the beacon to like cobblestone or something. Then, the beam would go off. When the chest had items the plugin could then make the block under the beacon diamondblock which would then activate the beacon again.

I'm definitely no coding expert and I don't know if this is possible, but I think it could work.

4. Offline

Red_Jay We can send fake block to the client, not sure how well that would work with beacons though

5. Offline

Red_Jay

timtower Not quite sure what you mean by a fake block, but couldn't it just be set to change the block under the beacon?

6. Offline

Fake block means that the client sees something else then the server, also useful for protection, if they mine the block then get regular dirt or stone instead of what kind of block is faked.

7. Offline

Red_Jay

timtower Ah okay, well if anyone is interested in doing this I don't really care how you do it, as long as it works.

timtower Is this something you think you could do?

timtower Or if this is too complicated, I can do it with comparators but I would need a plugin that allows the comparator to be activated by the chest when its not directly next to it, so I could do something like this:
    [​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016