Better Snowmen

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by micah.croft1, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Offline

micah.croft1

I own a server where I have gotten a plugin to make snow golems apply damage when they hit a mob with a snowball. However, there are two large problems:​
    - My first problem is that these snowballs do damage to ALL mobs including players and passive mobs. I wish this to be so that they can only hurt people when PvP is on and that they can only hurt mobs that they wold normally attack anyways. I realize the PvP aspect would be hard to implement. If that is not very possible or easy, I am okay if they can just not hurt players period.
    - My second problem is that they leave behind a trail of snow. I've tried using the WorldGuard restriction on several different versions of WorldGuard. None work. Also, I don't want to have to turn off all snow generation in the worlds, because then snow dug in snow biomes would not regenerate, and would therefore look bad.

If you, can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.​
    Cheers,​
    Micah​

2. Offline

MordorKing78

Ask the plugin administartor to edit your problems.

3. Offline

micah.croft1

I doubt the makers of WorldGuard & WorldEdit will listen to me.

4. Offline

micah.croft1

5. Offline

LordDarthBob

Request the "no-damage on passive mobs" and "no-damage in no-PvP worldguard zones" features from the person who made the snow-golem plugin; they would have a higher chance of listening to you than asking the people who made worldguard.

Secondly, for snow-golems leaving trails, I really don't know. You could try turning mobGriefing off for a specific world, but then endermen won't move blocks, creepers won't make craters, zombies won't break doors, ect.

6. Offline

micah.croft1

See, the thing is, the plugin was not made JUST for the snow golems. It is a damage/health control plugin for mobs. So, it's not really the developer's problem.

7. Offline

LordDarthBob

micah.croft1
    Well, no obvious solutions then...
    You could try getting the source-code and have someone modify it.

8. LordDarthBob The code cannot be modified without author's permission.

9. Offline

LordDarthBob

micah.croft1 tylerthecreeper1

Ok.... edit: "You could try getting the source-code if the project is open source and the author has given the "ok" to use their code."

Above, I wrongfully generalized that if the project was open source, the author was trying to provide resource, not a packaged product.

10. Offline

micah.croft1

The purpose of "Plugin Requests" I assumed was to ask anybody out there to make a needed plugin. If nobody could do that for me, okay. If I were to get that code and ask for somebody to help me with it, I'd just be asking the same thing twice...