Solved BlockCount

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Derugo, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Derugo

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask for people to fix a current plugin, and don't know if I'm in the correct forum to even be doing so, but, I need some help;

A while ago I requested a plugin be made on the plugin requests forum, and it was made. But the developer who made it can't seem to do the main thing I needed from the plugin. The plugin logs the number of blocks broken by a player and stores it. There's two commands, /bc and /bctop which show block counts for that player and the top ten block breakers. The thing that the developer couldn't do was a chat variable that worked with chat formatting plugins such as EssentialsChat.

The current plugin seems to have it's own chat format, which I'd like removed, and the chat variable added which should work with EssentialsChat. The variable can be anything, such as {blockcount} and it should be replaced for the amount of blocks that player has broken.

The developer has given permission for me to request it be fixed as he has given up on it. He even gave a link to download the source code for anyone who wants to help me with this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkeh08fby7f9idt/BlockCountSource.rar

Again, not sure if this is the right forum or if I'm allowed to ask for this to be fixed, but I do have the developers permission.

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

stormneo7

Why don't you have the source then?
    Tell the developer to give you the source code.
    Pasting the jar is useless because decompiling it's contents is highly inaccurate.
    Also, I don't think offsite links are allowed so you need to upload the file.

This also seems like a plugin request, not a development issue.
    If your dev needs help, he can ask freely here about what his problem is.
    Don't expect to be spoonfed.

3. Offline

Derugo

stormneo7 That link doesn't download the jar, it downloads the source code, decompiling it isn't necessary. This isn't a plugin request either, as the plugin is made, just doesn't work properly.

4. Offline

stormneo7

Java is compiled into .class files.
    Look at your "source code". There are no java files, no source codes.
    If you're so convinced of the download containing "source code", why don't you post it in your thread instead of making a download.

5. Offline

Derugo

stormneo7 It seems like you're having a go at me for no apparent reason? I'm asking for help, not sarcasm.

Can a staff member delete this thread, it seems it was a bad decision to post this.

6. Offline

stormneo7

Can't help you without the code; need to know what's wrong with your previous coder's work.
    You can't seem to post it, wondering why :oops:

7. Offline

sparta417

He isn't asking anyone to spoonfeed him or re-do a plugin for him, you ignoramus.

He isn't a programmer nor someone knowledgeable of Java, so stop bashing on him.

READ what he said first before even responding. He clearly said that his developer stopped updating it, hence why he is asking why it isn't working.

Derugo likes this.
  8. Offline

Derugo

stormneo7 I'm new to coding plugins. The most I've coded is a command that shows a message and plays a sound. I don't understand what you're asking me to upload, the previous dev just gave me that link and told me to send it to anyone who wants to help fix it. Here's a link to the thing (I think) you're talking about:

Got using java decompiler: http://pastebin.com/XQVM3rGJ

9. Offline

stormneo7

I just said that decompiling isn't accurate. You really should ask your coder for the original code.

10. Offline

Derugo

11. Offline

stormneo7

I can't tell if you're trolling or you really can't comprehend. That jar is a COMPILED piece of work. Decompiling it may result in incorrect errors. That's not the original code. The original code should have a file called Main.java not Main.class.

12. Offline

Derugo

stormneo7 What is there to troll about? The latest dropbox link has the Main.java file in it.

Open the .rar;
    BlockCount > src > me > blockcount > Main.java

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.