[Bug Report] EntityDamageByEntityEvent

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheMcScavenger, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheMcScavenger

Fact: A skeleton dies in three (regular) hits with a diamond sword, that's a fact. But if you swing seven times real fast, it only counts the ones that actually "hit" the skeleton, meaning you can swing seven times, and only hit it for a third time with your last swing. It'll then die after seven swings.

Bug: In the fact found above, I mentioned you can swing seven times at a skeleton, only actually hitting it three times. However, the EntityDamageByEntityEvent registers all seven of the swings as damage, triggering the event every single time. As a skeleton is supposed to die after three hits with a diamond sword, this can be abused very easily if plugins use this event to track the amounts of times someone has hit a mob.

How to reproduce the bug:
    Code:java
    1. @EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.HIGHEST)
    2. public void onEntityDamageByEntity(EntityDamageByEntityEvent event){
    3. Entity damager = event.getDamager();
    4. if(damager instanceof Player){
    5. ((Player) damager).sendMessage("Damage Dealt!");
    6. }
    7. }

2. Offline

jorisk322

3. Offline

TheMcScavenger

jorisk322 If so, I wouldn't know how to use it. And if I need to log in, it would require me to have an "Atlassian OnDemand" account, which I'm not going to make ;)

4. Offline

TnT

If the bug isn't on Leaky, the devs likely won't see it.

5. Offline

TheMcScavenger

TnT I really love the community over here, and I think it's great that everyone is so involved with both bukkit, and the other people, but IMO if you have to create another account in order to post bugs, something has gone wrong. In this case, I suggest adding a bug report section to the forums, where devs look.

6. Offline

TnT

Forums don't allow the system we need to manage bugs, hence using a proper bug tracker like Leaky.

Garris0n likes this.
  7. Offline

TheMcScavenger

TnT Well, it's not my system, so I'm not the one to say what to do, but I'm sure I'm not the only one not willing to create yet another account to report bugs.

8. Offline

Noppes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.