Bukkit 1.2.4 R1.0 and 1.2.5 Client

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Windows_i7_920, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Windows_i7_920

I successfully joined my 1.2.4 server from the 1.2.5 client, which makes me think 1.2.5 is mostly a client update. IMO this is good as my server won't be interrupted when its released.

2. Offline

jorisk322

:D That's nice to hear. I hope Mojang one day adds earlier update compitability, so clients can join older servers. They don't seem to have plans for that though :(

3. Offline

Windows_i7_920

Yes, each client should have two protocols; one for the latest Minecraft, and another for the version before it. This way, transitions to new versions for servers would be way easier.

I actually even announced to my server that using 1.2.5 works with 1.2.4.

4. Offline

sillyrosster

I don't think they have been told this because don't you think they would have made a comment about it? Then again, there are millions of Minecrafters yelling ideas.

5. Offline

Toxic__Waste

the 1.2.5 dev build is released I already updated to it with no plugin failure thx evilsteph for having the dev build out before the realse by M/C seems some good things come from the bukkit team working with mohang looks like dev builds will be out earlier and yes seems more like a bug fix the 1.2.4 launcher works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.