Bukkit gives the developer no freedom.

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Neilnet, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PandazNWafflez

Interesting - I haven't found that to be the case.

2. Offline

jthort

No of course and just as TnT said I didn't make that out specifically to you but to all those guys who develop for the soul purpose of making a little money. Especially the users who feel that they need to charge well over 20 dollars for a plugin. Just doesn't seem right. But what are yah going to do, it's life

The only reason I felt the need to respond to your statement was the fact that we should be happy that curse is generous enough to offer some motivation towards bukkit developers.

3. Offline

TnT

You stated the points system was bad. I merely stated that there never used to be any points at all and its a great thank you system. If you look back you'll notice that people used to be excited about getting any reward points at all. Now people state that the points system is bad.

I didn't misunderstand your point at all. You were comparing a nice reward that was given to developers as a mere "Thanks!" with salary and stating the points do not compare. The points were never meant to be a reason for developers to write plugins, they were meant to be a "Thank You" for doing so. Its like holding the door open for someone and when they say "Thank You" you get angry and suggest that their thanks doesn't compare to the salary a door man gets at a swanky hotel.

AdamQpzm, drtshock and jthort like this.
  4. Offline

PandazNWafflez

TnT As I said here:

My point is more that the rewards system is bad if you are writing plugins solely for the purpose of getting reward points - not that it is utterly shit and shouldn't be appreciated at all.

5. Offline

TnT

I certainly hope no one confuses reward points with a salary or a sole reason for doing anything. :)

6. Offline

PandazNWafflez

TnT Yes - in a way that was the point I was trying to make :p

7. Offline

Skye

On top of the points, developers also get free Curse Premium. :)

8. Offline

ZachBora

You seem to assume I make plugins to make money. That is wrong, I made PlotMe (my most successful plugin) to give to the community a plot plugin that worked and did what I needed.

I was close to not releasing it, but with all the feedback I got I am glad I did. The joy of seeing your plugin used by this many server is much greater than any money.

drtshock, Skye and mbaxter like this.
  9. Offline

PandazNWafflez

My post was intended as more of a defense of the person you were replying to as opposed to an attack on you.

10. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Someone with the knowledge of this, please answer the quote above.

11. Offline

TnT

You can make a reference to YourKit without linking the site, as a way of thanking them for the license.

Something like "Thanks YourKit for the Java Profiler!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.