Bukkit java server crash

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xolympus, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm trying to setup a minecraft server with bukkit on linux. but I'm always getting a crash after a while (with some players) a java crash.

" a fatal error has been detected by the java runtime environment"

ERROR LOG: http://pastebin.com/Jj7VmyeG

I start everything with this command:
    cd minecraft (that is my directory)
    ./minecraft.sh

or I treid this (also changing ram doesn't want to work)
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

i'm using ubuntu 10.04 LTS with 1.5GB ram (2GB burst) and a single core 1.33ghz i7 (wich is getting a upgrade to a 2.66ghz)

installed java corectly so I don't know what to do next.

hopefully you guys can help! :)

2. Offline

Supersam654

We need to see the entire error from your server.log file. That records everything you see in your terminal window.

3. I will give it this evening. Currently on my phone :)

4. Offline

MikeA

This is a VPS I'm assuming?

5. Jups

here you go :)

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

sorry for the triple post but I got some new information :)

I installed java again. also I downloaded bukkit again. and still the same problems. but there are some maps (and with some I mean every 50 there is 1 that keeps running longer.) but they are almost empty. so I should say it is a ram problem. but everywhere people are giving 1.5GB ram and its working fine. but when I give that it doesn't want to work. (also treid 0.5GB 1GB 1.5GB 2GB and don't have more RAM)

I want to upgrade my vps but I want this first working :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
  6. Offline

MikeA

Your VPS host could be overselling resources or they don't know how to monitor their servers.
    If you have 1.5GB (Dedicated) RAM on your VPS, then you should allocate 1GB to Java (Bukkit). Leave 500mb for the OS.
    Burst RAM isn't what you should consider trying to use.

7. Offline

Supersam654

Delete your server.log file, start your server, and then paste the entire file onto www.pastebin.com. I refuse to download a giant log file when I only care about 1 server startup.

Also, you should let bukkit have almost all of your physical RAM, but not ALL of it. Burst doesn't count. You are running linux with nothing running, so 200 or 300 MB for linux should be plenty (I feel that 500 is too much, but personal preference).

8. Currently on phone again and Iwill put it on pastebin this afternoon. I dont think my ram is the problem because i tried 0.5gb. 1gb 1.5gb and it doesnt matter at all. Also a clean server instal, clean java and a clean bukkit it still doesnt want to work.

9. sorry for my really late response. also with updating to the new files it doesn't want to work:

pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/Jj7VmyeG

I bought a new server. this time with only 800MB of ram, and 200mb burst. so I want to start it with 512mb but still got the same error. I installed everything from java with synaptic so everything that is needed is auto installed.

anybody? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.