Bukkit Lan?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kryppuk, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kryppuk

I have already tried Bukkit and im very happy to use it. But now i got a question:
    Is there a way to play it Lan without internet, which means i have to online_mode false in properties. I tried to host server a weekend ago, but they are not able to connect to me.
    Properties:
    level-name=world
    hellworld=false
    spawn-monsters=true
    online-mode=false
    spawn-animals=true
    max-players=20
    server-ip=169.254.228.35
    pvp=true
    server-port=25565
    spawn-protection=16

server ip was from the network :D
    spelling mistakes are because im german (sry for that)

Kryppuk

push

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  2. Offline

Xgkkp

online-mode is kind wrongly named for this - it doesn't affect whether people can connect from the internet or not, only whether or not the server verifies clients names against minecraft.net (i.e. does the server connect to the internet).

You should not set the server-ip property - it should normally be blank, and if you are trying to connect internally on a LAN then this is almost certainly the wrong value anyway. This might be the root cause of your problem, but I have never set it so don't know. (I assume it is for hosting on machines with multiple ip adresses and you only want to bind to one).

so try:
    Code:
    server-ip=

3. Offline

Kryppuk

which ip the other players should join then? mine?

4. Offline

TnT

If everyone is in the same LAN as you, have them connect to your server's LAN IP (most likely something like: 192.168.x.y)

5. Offline

Kryppuk

If I understood right, i have to leave server_ip in properties blank and the other players have to join my network adress?

6. Offline

Spikey

Correct - Like TnT has posted above it will be in a 192.168.x.x format.

7. Offline

Godspeed

yes, and what TnT said: most likely something like: 192.168.x.y

8. Offline

Spikey

duplicate posting for the win :D.

9. Offline

Kryppuk

ty for that :D

10. Offline

Xgkkp

Correct, but you might also be able to join by computer hostname if you network is set up as such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.